Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Well guys, I did it..... (darkside inside) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Well guys, I did it..... (darkside inside)
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6 speed, right?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
I guess it's a nice car... I woulda kept the Cobra. Something about Cadillac makes me uneasy... like the fact you can get a 4-6 year old $100k car (2004-2006 XLR's) for like $18k-$24k? Or the formerly $50k+ CTS-V for $12k-$20k?

Meanwhile, 8-10 year old Z06's (MSRP $50K) are still selling for $17k-$20k... even the 99-01 Cobra's (MSRP $28k-$32k) still sell for $10-$15k... You can even go back around 20-22 years and look at 80's-90's 5.0's... original MSRP was like $12k-$16k... and they still sell for like $5k and in some cases still sell at MSRP!!!

So 75-80% depreciation versus 50-66%... all in the same economy... Fuck that... I'm straight like indian hair...

you guess it's a nice car? Lol it's no non-supercharged S281, but I do what I can.....

......because we should all buy our vehicles from an investment standpoint....??? An enthusiast's vehicle at that.... I think demand plays into your logic as well, which you left out of the equation.

Bottom line is. I'm done with mustangs. 4.6's to be exact. I've been throught the ringer, twice lol.... I can see myself owning another fox in the next few years. I've had roughly 9 mustangs, I've done my time lol and it's time for change is all, a much needed and welcome change! Haha

[ May 12, 2010, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: RED@7kVERT *8850GT* ]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:
6 speed, right?

LS6 with a 6 speed, yes.

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, sounds like a fun car.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
quote:
I guess it's a nice car... I woulda kept the Cobra. Something about Cadillac makes me uneasy... like the fact you can get a 4-6 year old $100k car (2004-2006 XLR's) for like $18k-$24k? Or the formerly $50k+ CTS-V for $12k-$20k?

Meanwhile, 8-10 year old Z06's (MSRP $50K) are still selling for $17k-$20k... even the 99-01 Cobra's (MSRP $28k-$32k) still sell for $10-$15k... You can even go back around 20-22 years and look at 80's-90's 5.0's... original MSRP was like $12k-$16k... and they still sell for like $5k and in some cases still sell at MSRP!!!

So 75-80% depreciation versus 50-66%... all in the same economy... Fuck that... I'm straight like indian hair...

you guess it's a nice car? Lol it's no non-supercharged S281, but I do what I can.....

Hahahahahahaha

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

......because we should all buy our vehicles from an investment standpoint....??? An enthusiast's vehicle at that.... I think demand plays into your logic as well, which you left out of the equation.

Bottom line is. I'm done with mustangs. 4.6's to be exact. I've been throught the ringer, twice lol.... I can see myself owning another fox in the next few years. I've had roughly 9 mustangs, I've done my time lol and it's time for change is all, a much needed and welcome change! Haha

Not really an investment stand point, but depreciation and resale can be an indicator to both demand (or lack therof) and build quality. You can look at, say, Honda VS Dai Woo... where as Honda has great resale value and Dai Woo does not... simply because Honda's are better built cars, AND AS SUCH, are in higher demand.

This line of thought is my exact feeling towards GM products, especially the earlier Non-Corvette LSX powered cars... (Such as the Camaro/Trans Am twins, GTO, and first Gen CTS-V's) which seem like cheaply made cars with a great motor and trans stuffed in them. and the price hiked up.

Not to say it isn't a great performing car... Just my opinion, in no way OTHER THAN HOREPOWER, AND REAR PASSANGER/TRUNK SPACE, can it be considered a step-up from a limited production SVT Cobra... a convertible, at that... Your Cobra was 1 of like 3,300... one of the lowest production years of any 99-04 New Edge Cobra's... and your color (if that was the original color) was 1 of 356...

It's your car and your money... as long as you're happy, cool. I'm just saying I would've never ever ever got rid of a Cobra for a Cadillac... Unless the Cobra had serious problems or high mileage... I just hope you got a decent penny for the Cobra, and I hope the CTS-V has significantly less mileage than the Cobra did.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass, or a hater, or whatever... I just wouldn't have got that car over a Cobra. Maybe as a daily driver and keep the Cobra... but not as a replacement. Also not a big fan of sedans... Unless you have a growing family or shop at CostCo on a regular... Also, I can respect the being "done with Mustangs" and needing a change thing... I went thru the same thing before. But i couldn't stay away. 4 months of being a BMW owner, and i ran back!

Anyway, I may be jumping to conclusions... you're in the 916, i'd love to check that thing out in person sometime...

[ May 12, 2010, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it looks sick, love the stance and it aint no slouch for a sedan, i wish my grocery getter ran 12's lol!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ms4 cam, longtubes, underdrive pulley, 32lb fast injectors= a very stout little bolt on combo for the ls6. (topped off with a newtech tune of course)

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the Dark Side! It ain't a bad place to be. Congrats on the new ride. Check into G Force 1320. They have an economical set of axles for the V's that have been proven to solve wheelhop. The more power you make, the worse it gets. I have a set coming for the GXP.

-

[ May 12, 2010, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THAT FUC&^N CADDY IS HARD clean as hell bro gotta give it up to you keep it clean..

[patriot] [Eek!]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UPGRADE!
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Not really an investment stand point, but depreciation and resale can be an indicator to both demand (or lack therof) and build quality. You can look at, say, Honda VS Dai Woo... where as Honda has great resale value and Dai Woo does not... simply because Honda's are better built cars, AND AS SUCH, are in higher demand.

This line of thought is my exact feeling towards GM products, especially the earlier Non-Corvette LSX powered cars... (Such as the Camaro/Trans Am twins, GTO, and first Gen CTS-V's) which seem like cheaply made cars with a great motor and trans stuffed in them. and the price hiked up.

Not to say it isn't a great performing car... Just my opinion, in no way OTHER THAN HOREPOWER, AND REAR PASSANGER/TRUNK SPACE, can it be considered a step-up from a limited production SVT Cobra... a convertible, at that... Your Cobra was 1 of like 3,300... one of the lowest production years of any 99-04 New Edge Cobra's... and your color (if that was the original color) was 1 of 356...

It's your car and your money... as long as you're happy, cool. I'm just saying I would've never ever ever got rid of a Cobra for a Cadillac... Unless the Cobra had serious problems or high mileage... I just hope you got a decent penny for the Cobra, and I hope the CTS-V has significantly less mileage than the Cobra did.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass, or a hater, or whatever... I just wouldn't have got that car over a Cobra. Maybe as a daily driver and keep the Cobra... but not as a replacement. Also not a big fan of sedans... Unless you have a growing family or shop at CostCo on a regular... Also, I can respect the being "done with Mustangs" and needing a change thing... I went thru the same thing before. But i couldn't stay away. 4 months of being a BMW owner, and i ran back!

Anyway, I may be jumping to conclusions... you're in the 916, i'd love to check that thing out in person sometime...

everyone has their own opinion on everything..but as for resale purposes then yes u make a fair point..i own a silver 01 vert and i love scotts new car and respect his opinion..lets make a long story short and say the grocery getter is FASTER than my cobra and that was already proved! i think thats awesome but ur point is valid but his comment which u missed was that u own a non supercharged saleen, ok it was around 40k new and now worth maybe 15k to the right buyer..also it will run a 14.3 at the track stock..his new car runs 13.5s stock or better? for him he wanted a nice powerful comfortable car that gets attention and suprises the shit outta saleens when they are left 5 or more cars back! scott all that matters is that u are happy with ur choice! congrats my friend!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

^^

Well said Casey!! And.... I'm not sure if it was proven, but we can go with that if you'd like. Hahaha

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sold my Cobra to get my 540 and don't regret the decision one bit. I miss the Cobra sometimes but overall I'm happier with my Bimmer for sure.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the purchase . I might be in the market for one in a few months .ls6 & 6speed can't get any better for a DD

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

jello
¯
Member # 9896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jello  Ford pictures for jello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that... I'm straight like indian hair...
quote:

This shit had me rollin.... Ummm, about the caddi?, its ok!

--------------------
I think that smell was me, sorry!

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice caddy!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] BAD ASS!!!

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:
but his comment which u missed was that u own a non supercharged saleen, ok it was around 40k new and now worth maybe 15k to the right buyer..also it will run a 14.3 at the track stock..his new car runs 13.5s stock or better?

I didn't miss his comment, I simply ignored it for lack of relevance. My opinion of the CTS-V doesn't stem from what I own, but from my past experience buying and selling cars.

first, yeah, I own a Non-supercharged Saleen... a 2004 20th Anniversary Speedster... so? it was around $40k new, stills sells for $22k to $24, and still books for $29k thru insurance. I have 16k miles, 1 of 380, 1 of 14 in Sonic Blue, 1 of 2 Speedsters with optional chrome wheels. so... it's worth more than your standard 100k mile 99-04... which is what you'd end up with buying a Mustang, or a Saleen for $15k.

second, it's rated 14.0 stock. if you're into that drag racing sort of thing. I didn't buy my car based on horsepower and performance, if that was my goal, I would have bought a Cobra, or a Mach 1 or LS1 Camaro and supercharged it with the money I saved.

third, MY POINT, wasn't saying I had a better car than the CTS-V, it was that IN MY OPINION, the Cobra was a better car than the CTS-V... and that I wouldn't have bought it, or that I would have kept the Cobra, and got the CTS-V as a daily.

Like I said, I was never a fan of 4 door cars, and in my dealings and both my own, and experience thru friends and family, Cadillac's are poorly put together and have terrible longevity and value. Maybe the CTS-V is different, I've never driven or rode in one. But i personally wouldn't take that chance if I had a 01 Cobra at home.

If a performance sedan is what I wanted, I would have gone with an M5, 335i, WRX STI, or EVO IX... or MAYBE the CTS-V in a straight trade for the Cobra, if the Caddy had half the miles of the Cobra. But I wouldn't have come outta pocket for the Caddy, unless it had 1/4 the miles of the Cobra... straight up. Or it was the newer supercharged CTS-V.

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

quote:
Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:
his new car runs 13.5s stock or better? for him he wanted a nice powerful comfortable car that gets attention and suprises the shit outta saleens when they are left 5 or more cars back! scott all that matters is that u are happy with ur choice! congrats my friend!

I do agree with this statement tho... if it's what he wanted, then congrats. and it is cool to wax sportscars with a sedan... a Caddy of all things.

Once you get that thing sorted out, maybe a friendly run at Sac Raceway? haha... i have no problem being beat by a sedan.

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
caddies are a headache, goodluck

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who gives a crap..he a bought a car simply cuz he freakin likes it and not cuz hes trying to minimize depreciation over time and reduce losses when he sells. if that was the case, he wouldve gotten a nissan or one of those other cars that have a great resale value. these are all valid points you bring up when considering buying a car and but when its all said and done it really comes down to whether u like the car or not, all things considered. obviously resale value was not his priority..he likes the car and thats all that matters for his situation. [Cool]

[ May 13, 2010, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All this resale value bullshit would be valid if he bought the car new.He bought it used for a killer price.The depreciation has already hit someone else.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
caddies are a headache, goodluck

Northstar V8's are a headache. Thanks tho.....

And let's all get really real here. I bought a Caddy, not another mustang. I guess this.... Animosity?? Is to be expect on a Ford enthusiast forum. But it's all good. I got what I wanted and I'm happy it. Hell, the CTS-V is in everyway better than my Cobra, yes, in every aspect. Did I mention that there's no way on this green earth that my 3,4000lb Cobra with an intake could have run a 13.4 @ 111 on street tires, as the 4,000lb Caddy with an intake did 2 Wednesdays ago???

[ May 13, 2010, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: RED@7kVERT *8850GT* ]

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _

ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the car buddy.... actually, i want to drive it again. lol

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com