Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Students sent home for wearing US flag shirts (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Students sent home for wearing US flag shirts
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
it's obvious they did it on purpose to start shit c'mon tell me if they wouldn't wear it any other day?Im a proud mexican/american born here.Look around what do you see around nothing but mexicans in california.Legal or not they work hard and try to support their families,their not bad people.For one day a year show no disrespect to the culture.

So, wearing an american flag on your shirt is direspectful even though this is America? If that's the case, then what is it when someone wears a mexican flag in america or puts it on there cars? I can't see how wearing or waving an American flag in this country could ever be percieved as "disrespectful".....

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
I had the occasion to be in Sonora yesterday. I walked by the VFW hall and noticed that there was a sign open that read "Military Museum, open 12 to 2." I walked in an was greeted by a 60 something year old man that walked with a cane and a limp. They had rooms from WWI, Korea, Vietnam, WWII, Desert Storm and the current conflicts in Iraq and Afganistan. There were pictures and stories from people that served in all the conflicts that were from Sonora and the general region.

I noticed that several of the names of those that served, and died, were of Spanish origin. I don't know the circumstances of when they or their parents immigrated and from exactly where. What I do know is that these men died for all of us. They were black, white, brown and every other color.

For the record, I support the Arizona law, and feel that it is time for real immigration reform.

How about you learn English, stand in a line in your country, apply for citizenship, and then serve 5 years in the U.S. military before you are considered for citizenship?

Don't get so caught up in the details of who is wearing what flag and when. When it comes down to it, Mexican people helped build this country, and defend it. So did a lot of other people. The system as it is doesn't work, and I don't have all the answers.

All I know is, walking through that museum yesterday and reading the names of the men that died for this country put some perspective on life.

[patriot]

how did mexicans help build this country? most mexicans are the descendants of indians right? well the indians tried to fight along side the british to defeat our founding fathers who came here to build a new life.

[ May 06, 2010, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: kennebellgt ]

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what does serving in the military more worthy to become an american citizen????

imo hell no i aint going to fight no dumb war in iraq or afghan

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
how did mexicans help build this country? most mexicans are the descendants of indians right?
My point was that Mexicans, as well as other groups, had a hand in this countries development as a whole, i.e., fighting in wars, as well as providing the physical labor for infrastrure. As far as the Indian comment, it's a little deep fir this discussion IMO.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what does serving in the military more worthy to become an american citizen????

imo hell no i aint going to fight no dumb war in iraq or afghan

I think that if you are willing to serve, it should be taken into consideration if you want to become a citizen. This is for people in Mexico, as well as other countries, to make them contribute before the reap the rewards of a free society. They have to fight for the country they wish to live in.

As far as your second comment, that's cool. If a person who want's to be an American citizen isn't willing to learn the language, and pick up a weapon and serve and fight for this country, they are more than welcome to stay where they are.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do mexicans go out on 4th of july with mexican flags or shirts? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
I had the occasion to be in Sonora yesterday. I walked by the VFW hall and noticed that there was a sign open that read "Military Museum, open 12 to 2." I walked in an was greeted by a 60 something year old man that walked with a cane and a limp. They had rooms from WWI, Korea, Vietnam, WWII, Desert Storm and the current conflicts in Iraq and Afganistan. There were pictures and stories from people that served in all the conflicts that were from Sonora and the general region.

I noticed that several of the names of those that served, and died, were of Spanish origin. I don't know the circumstances of when they or their parents immigrated and from exactly where. What I do know is that these men died for all of us. They were black, white, brown and every other color.

For the record, I support the Arizona law, and feel that it is time for real immigration reform.

How about you learn English, stand in a line in your country, apply for citizenship, and then serve 5 years in the U.S. military before you are considered for citizenship?

Don't get so caught up in the details of who is wearing what flag and when. When it comes down to it, Mexican people helped build this country, and defend it. So did a lot of other people. The system as it is doesn't work, and I don't have all the answers.

All I know is, walking through that museum yesterday and reading the names of the men that died for this country put some perspective on life.

[patriot]

how did mexicans help build this country? most mexicans are the descendants of indians right? well the indians tried to fight along side the british to defeat our founding fathers who came here to build a new life.
Are you talking about the founding fathers that raped, stole, and abused these native americans then i guess your right. Dont try to justify your point by pointing out one of the lowest points in these peoples life the so called new found fathers screwed these people beyond imagination. As far as flying the american flag on cinco de mayo if these kids are doing this to provoce a fight or start any other issues that we dont know about is childish and for some people to support or condone the violence that will come from this is sad. If your so proud to be american waive your flag everyday not just on a mexican holiday and face the facts this country is full of different ethnicities you just have to buck up and deal with it.
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
do mexicans go out on 4th of july with mexican flags or shirts? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

My Mexican cousins have the american flag waving with a mexican flag on th 4th......

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur cousins are cool

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

do you even know every mexican in this country?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [/qb][/QUOTE]how did mexicans help build this country? most mexicans are the descendants of indians right? well the indians tried to fight along side the british to defeat our founding fathers who came here to build a new life. [/QB][/QUOTE]

umm bro us Natives fought "where used" on both sides the brits and the states and in the wake of building a "new life" still killed off millions of native people that where here before them and their boarders.. and also saved those people that landed here so mr uneducated if it wasnt for the native people of this land anglo's could not have built shit here...

they are native americans just with another slave language "Spanish" and stuck behind a boarder thats wasnt there before..we natives that live on this side boarder speak the slave lanuage english just so your not confused

yaterstang i beleive in what you said about if they wanna be here they should go thur the process to be here but how can any caucasian or any other race call mexicans wetbacks when they crossed an ocean not a river..

and as for sending those kids home its bs this america.(2 of the kids where half mexican half white.) even their school board didnt agree with the school and is gonna take action. Schools pull this shit everyday wheather its for any race or holiday its nothing new

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yaterstang= cafords hitler!

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Do you celebrate 4th of July in Mexico?
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
yaterstang= cafords hitler!

[Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

Just trying to be more like Obama!

[ May 06, 2010, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
it's obvious they did it on purpose to start shit c'mon tell me if they wouldn't wear it any other day?Im a proud mexican/american born here.Look around what do you see around nothing but mexicans in california.Legal or not they work hard and try to support their families,their not bad people.For one day a year show no disrespect to the culture.

Why would these Mexican's who wore the American shirt try and start shit with their own people?
they must have been CAFords members...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
quote:

Do you celebrate 4th of July in Mexico?
Some mexicans like myself celebrate the 4th of July here in the States just like every other American (how about that) and we put up the stars stripes in front of our house.

On the 5th of May and Sept. 16th we put up the Mexican flag in front of our house and so what? Doesn't mean we are not proud Americans, just means we are true to our roots... [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how come when we talk about illegals on this board we always mean MEXICANS. Shit look around you. There's Canadians, cubans, chinos and all kinds of illegals here. not Just Mexicans
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an old teacher in the fourth grade who whooped a student with a padle back when teachers could do that (mid 80's) for wearing an American flag bandana and said " how dare you disrespect the American flag by wearing it on your sweaty heady don't ever let me catch you kids wearing pants shorts or badannas with our flag " . I didn't under stand it but when I went home to tell my father who was at the time serving in the USAF he she was right you don't wear the flag you don't let the flag touch the ground you better respect the flag . So when I hear a story like this I see both sides but the reason for the teacher to send the half mexicans and whites home for wearing that stuff her intent was wrong and maybe the kids were trying to start something wich was also disrecpectfull but for people who say you should fight for this country to become a cit. Here must not know, when you are a citizen and turn 18 you must fill out a draft card so if the president of the US decides to to start the draft your fighting for the US weather you like it or not or you go straight to jail !

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

ya, i wish people would swing by chinatown here in the city once and a while . ima wear my chinese flag when its chinese new year! actually f it, im wearing my ireland flag on st pattys, my africa flag on Martin luther king day, and my italian flag on columbus day!

--------------------

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we lived in America?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we lived in America?

you are correct, but whats your point?
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

quote:
how come when we talk about illegals on this board we always mean MEXICANS. Shit look around you. There's Canadians,
I was trying to be serious and add a spark of intelligence to this topic, but that right there was funny as hell... [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This board is filled white power nazis.. Im not mexican but if I wore a mexican flag on Independence aka 4th of July, I bet all the White people would be mad...bunch of cry babys I swear,,Hispanics are taking over wether u Nazis want it or not!! Obama FTW, the next one might be a hispanic..I CANT WAIT!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
To be or not to be

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nazis are assholes they killed alot of americans during the wars i have no use for them. go fly your flags in another country like china or russia see how long they tolerate you. this is america LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
So you wetbackphucks want to become legal but you dont want to fly the flag? If you want to come over here you can fly your red green and snake flag, but you better have the US flag right next too it.

+1 I rock both flags 1st is My home which is here.. than my other one (where my familys from) I agree

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com