Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sell the 01 cobra and get a 03? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sell the 01 cobra and get a 03?
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
build your motor and get a whiple and walk all over whiple 03 and it will cost less
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not bad i like it.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx like yours also seen yours at the track a long time ago at a grudgefest back when i had fr500s and a stock hood
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coo thanks, but ya if u still owe on the car....i would wait man

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
fuck that just put a whipple on your car and smoke that 03 [Big Grin]

cough, cough, bullshit, cough..

alex what times have you ran with the 01?.. cause i have seen your ride.. and it's not heavily modded. yes it has mods.. but far from heavily..

yes it would be better for you to sale the 01 and buy a 03.. it would already be faster with no mods than yours! then you can start modding the 03 and make real power.. [patriot]

on the same note.. keep the car pay off the 2k and just build a real motor for your car! can you say 3.6 ken bell!

[ May 04, 2010, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never said it was heavily modded i just have all the bolt ons they make for a na 4v.and i might keep the car but if i could find a terminator for the right price and my friends dad buys mine then ima most likely do that.just have had my car for a while and cant think f much else to do to it because internals and power adders and expensive and a 03 cobra comes with both of those stock
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i understand you didn't use the word heavily modded.. but you said you have every mod you could think of..

if you can get 12k for your car, i'd have it gone today. no questions asked. still the termi's aren't that built.. yes they have some better parts, but look at all the trouble one of the other members are having finding a clean good running one.. it would be better to just build a real motor for your car.. what are you looking at 2-3k tops for a build that as good or better than a stock 03-04.. whats the real cost on a set of rods and pistons for your motor? then balancing and what not.. 3k should do it easily..

[ May 04, 2010, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
[qb] fuck that just put a whipple on your car and smoke that 03 [Big Grin]

cough, cough, bullshit, cough..

DICK [Razz]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

well if i can be done for 3k i would definately do it but from what ive see 4v are extremely expensive when it comes to motor work.and i said i have all the bolt ons because i do and they dont make very many things for the 99-01 cobras.but i would need a block rods and pistons.let me know where i could get all that for 3k because i start my new job this week so thats where my checks will be going,and my friends dad said he is interested in buying my car at the end of june when he sells his bike

[ May 04, 2010, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: alexdel209 ]

331 coupe
¯
Member # 8396

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331 coupe  Ford pictures for 331 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that get cams and keep the spray
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure of what the actual cost would be for a motor build, but your block is actually better than the 03/04 block because its lighter being that its aluminum. Its plenty strong enough to handle whatever you throw at it, & I believe its pretty much the same block that AED uses for all its builds. & your crank is the exact same thing that comes in the 03/04.

The internal parts aren't necessarily the expensive part when it comes to building mod motors, its the labor that gets costly...

[ May 04, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
well the only downfall is i would be selling a car with a lot of upgrades for a stock car.

Do it [patriot] You will be takin' a loss on the upgrades to your '01. You could always return it to stock before you sell it.
+1

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

well ima start looking around for pistons and rods any suggestions?
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
well ima start looking around for pistons and rods any suggestions?

MANLEY
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

looked into them anyone else make anything worth checking out

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com