Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sell the 01 cobra and get a 03? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sell the 01 cobra and get a 03?
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i have been thinking about selling my 01 cobra and buying a 03 cobra.my 01 is full bolt on solid axle, with cobra r hood and 10th aniv wheels but i am kind of bored since i cant do much more to it. but i know im going to have to come out of pocket on a 03 cobra.so i dont know if its worth it. heres my car since i just learned how to put pics up lol

-

-

[ May 04, 2010, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: alexdel209 ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
simple answer is hell yeah its worth it. its a night and day different.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you can afford the out of pocket expense...then yes.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the only downfall is i would be selling a car with a lot of upgrades for a stock car.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:
well the only downfall is i would be selling a car with a lot of upgrades for a stock car.

Do it [patriot] You will be takin' a loss on the upgrades to your '01. You could always return it to stock before you sell it.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by alexdel209:

I am just going to assume the stock car handles better, stops better and is faster then your 01.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that just put a whipple on your car and smoke that 03 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it!
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put yours back to stock, most of your bolt-ons work fine on an 03.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

my engine doesnt handle boost too well because of bad pistons or watever or id go power adder and i doubt it stops better then mine seeing how it has the same brakes only mine are upgraded
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

yup and it goes boom but hey u can say u smoked an 03

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

FireVert03
¯
Member # 9807

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireVert03  Ford pictures for FireVert03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sold my old mustang to get a 03 and its worth every hour and night shift I work...03s get good power on lil bolt on's....I say you do it...and you won't look back when your driving you 03
[patriot]

--------------------
1997 S/C cobra
2003 FireRed Cobra R.I.P
1995 Mustang GT
1989 Built 5.0(Sold)

Member of PBF

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

yeah well this cobra is the best mustang ive had so far but im seriously thinking about getin a 03 cobra sometime soon have to find one and it has to be black or white.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you decide to step up to an 03/04, might as well return your car to 100% stock because selling or trading a car in with mods is throwing money in the garbage IMO...

For example, I have an 03 Mach 1 with full MM suspension, LT's, etc. Although all of these parts equal out to well over $5k when purchased new, if I sold my car, I would be lucky to get an extra $1k with the mods installed over what I could sell my car for in stock trim.

Plus, like Blind said, most of the parts will interchange with the 03/04, & if you decide not to use them on the 03/04, you could always sell the parts & you will make more money that way...

Its really up to you if having a Terminator is worth taking the loss & having a higher payment. I know my Mach 1 is nothing compared to a 03/04 Cobra performance wise, but I prefer the originality & the look of my Mach 1 over an everyday run of the mill Terminator. I have way too much invested in my car to start over now...

That being said, I would rather build an N/A foxbody that can spank your average bolt on Termi...

[ May 04, 2010, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

yeah i know ima end up taking a loss i basicly have all bolt ons and i think i would have to private sell my car because i dont think they are goin to take it as a trade in with longtube headers and im definately not taking them off lol.but yeha i think ima goin to start looking around for a terminator but i still owe 2000 on my car but i will figure that out when the time comes that i find the car i want
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just consider yourself lucky that you're not upside down in your car loan like I am... If I was in your shoes, I would keep your current car, & start saving up to build a forged blown motor to drop in. Since you are so close to paying the car off, I would just keep it. Think of how much cash you would have to mod your car to your liking if you had no car payment? I have no idea what you financial situation is, but if you purchased a $20,000 Terminator, & you were only able to sell your Cobra for $9k, you would have a pretty sizeable car payment...

[ May 04, 2010, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

yeah thats very true.but i might have a buyer my friends dad said he is interested in my car for 12k.since thats wats it blubooked at so basicly not getting anything for my mods but had fun lol so we will see what happens if not ill just keep my car and save and put a 03 motor and trans because i want a 6 speed also
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

put a whipple on the 03 and walk the 99 with a whipple [Big Grin] [dance]

[ May 04, 2010, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: LETHL 03 ]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

lolo yeah cuz thats fair lol...but yeha i have some serious thinking to do
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd wait

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :