Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » One of the best east coast rappers (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: One of the best east coast rappers
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a lot of good rappers on the East. But of course hands down is DMX IMO. I like Can-i-bus too. But LL ripped him a new one so aint heard of him since.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8OnGlass:
sorry , but not just cuz im from the bay . so im going to have to say all of the above music is weak . its all bout the bay area sound, 808 beats that knock , not saying east coast don't use it but more like dont know how to use it . rip cash aka dolla aka fast gunna and rip mac dre. thizzzz or die u BZ [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

Your crazy man & obviously you really don't listen to lyrics? Nas might not be your style, but there is no way you can say its weak? LISTEN to the lyrics...

Some Bay area music is cool, but it gets boring IMO. 95% of it has no substance. I would rather listen to something that has substance rather than something thats about goin dumb... Mac Dre, Classic Too Short, Spice 1, 415 & most of the 90's bay shit is on point, but most of the new stuff sounds the same IMO... Locksmith is raw though...

808's have been around way before Bay area cats have been using it? Miami Bass music back in the 80's, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, hell even Phil Collins uses 808...

[ April 05, 2010, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ How many people on here do you think know where the 808 came from? Or think very bass kick they hear they would call It an "808" [Smile]

[ April 05, 2010, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Slowback ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback:
^ How many people on here do you think know where the 808 came from? Or think very bass kick they hear they would call It an "808" [Smile]

Not many. I agree, most think any type of deep bass sound is an "808" LOL...

808 came from the classic TR808 drum machine which was produced by Roland in the 80's.

-

[ April 05, 2010, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

fortyoz
¯
Member # 2975

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fortyoz  Ford pictures for fortyoz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm from the Bay Area.

With that being said, if you take every rapper from here and every rapper from NY.. on average, lyrically/bar for bar the Bay Area would not stand a chance with them. 99.999% of the Bay Area artists would NOT hold their own lyrically if Slaughterhouse featured them on a track. And 2 of the 4 from Slaughterhouse are from the East Coast. Being gangsta or having a dope ass uptempo 808 beat doesn't make you a dope emcee. There's a reason why Game blew up, it's cause he had the respect from the East Coast for being a lyrical West Coast artist. Same shit Mistah FAB, Ya Boy, Jay Rock, Locksmith and Crooked I are doing now.

Ja Rule better than Nas? Name a song Ja Rule made that was more creative than "Rewind." ......... don't worry, I'll wait.

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback:

Not many. I agree, most think any type of deep bass sound is an "808" LOL...

808 came from the classic TR808 drum machine which was produced by Roland in the 80's.

-

1981 to be exact i could be wrong but i doubt thati know my gear pretty well.thats funny you guys say that because i have a little cuzin that thinks everything is a fuking 808.i was making a beat and the other day and had a nice kick drum goin and was about to lay down a bassline and soon as he heard a lil boom that had a ride to it he was like,there goes that 808.in all relaity it was a bass guitar that i tweaked to give it a little more bottom..lol

[ April 06, 2010, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: its50 ]

Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ how much are the TR 808's and 909's going for now? I'm still saving up for my first MPC.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i mint tr808 can run you about 1800 thats with out the midi expansion.or you can get one with a few blemishes for about 800 buck.you dont see them often but there are a few out there.thats like the e-mu sp12 or sp1200 drum machine old school joints but they are hittin kinda pricy.you can get some new technology for that price maybe even cheaper.but if you want that real gritty 8bit or 12bit lofi sound you gotta pay that price.
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com