Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » One of the best east coast rappers (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: One of the best east coast rappers
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This was a good ass album IMO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABql948775Q&feature=youtube_gdata

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nas ain't 1 of the best East Coast rappers, he's 1 of the best rappers period!!! That is a dope album, but IMO, nothing tops Illmatic. That sh#ts a street masterpiece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_IFAt8ka0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjd7EbUUds8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI

Good luck getting appreciation for anything east coast on here though, most folks on Cafords don't look at anything besides Cali music...

[ April 03, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Nas ain't 1 of the best East Coast rappers, he's 1 of the best rappers period!!! That is a dope album, but IMO, nothing tops Illmatic. That sh#ts a street masterpiece...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_IFAt8ka0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI

Good luck getting appreciation for anything east coast on here though, most folks on Cafords don't look at anything besides Cali music...

good thing thing there people like us on the site that listen to everthing that good an has subtances
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know what you mean.... I'm really more a west coast guy but I can listen to anything that' sounds good. Hell I think most of the music from west side story sounds good.

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback:
I know what you mean.... I'm really more a west coast guy but I can listen to anything that' sounds good. Hell I think most of the music from west side story sounds good.

old west coast rap is good. this new crap that is trying to be passed off as music is just grabage
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Here's "the group with no name yet"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPDmdKz7ls&feature=youtube_gdata

this was a cool album. This producer reminds me of kanye west, he's talentedand makes good music but is a little to big headed IMO. He has made some classic bay area songs though.

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

i was bumping this to day
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only Nas albums I like are of course illmatic and lost tapes.

I'm more of an East Coast guy. I'll say Jay-Z >Nas but Illmatic > any Jay-Z album.

But of course my favorite is the GOAT, biggie smalls.

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big L - has some dope songs

--------------------
Krz4rd5

Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Only Nas albums I like are of course illmatic and lost tapes.

I'm more of an East Coast guy. I'll say Jay-Z >Nas but Illmatic > any Jay-Z album.

But of course my favorite is the GOAT, biggie smalls.

Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic.... Let the flaming begin.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOW DID YOU GUYS NOT PUT THIS ONE!!????? NAS REWIND "TomatoBasil23 i challenge the six billion people on earth to find a song more creative than this.
This song was made 8 years ago and remains the most creative song ever written, and forever will be.
not only does he tell a story backwards, he makes you VISUALISE it in reverse, whilst maintaining a great rhyme scheme.
This song is so fucking underrated.
To give it 10/10 is an injustice.
This song is truly 10000/10 and defines hiphop perfection, saved for only a handful of songs in hiphop history"

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
HOW DID YOU GUYS NOT PUT THIS ONE!!????? NAS REWIND "TomatoBasil23 i challenge the six billion people on earth to find a song more creative than this.
This song was made 8 years ago and remains the most creative song ever written, and forever will be.
not only does he tell a story backwards, he makes you VISUALISE it in reverse, whilst maintaining a great rhyme scheme.
This song is so fucking underrated.
To give it 10/10 is an injustice.
This song is truly 10000/10 and defines hiphop perfection, saved for only a handful of songs in hiphop history"

hell yeah. Rewind is great one or sure.
I like "the message" from "it was written"
and I still like "If i ruled the world"
made you look, ether , to many to name.

[ April 04, 2010, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
illmatic,iam,gods son,and stillmatic are the shits from nasty nas.he puts jayz to shame.now jigga is nice but on a another level.nas shut em down with ether.end of story.i remember when eddie put me up on that rewind song the 1st time i couldnt believe it i even tryed to write one.lol.other then that big pun was another beast from the east that was slept on super hard and mos deff as well

[ April 04, 2010, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: its50 ]

Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by its50:
illmatic,iam,gods son,and stillmatic are the shits from nasty nas.he puts jayz to shame.now jigga is nice but on a another level.nas shut em down with ether.end of story.i remember when eddie put me up on that rewind song the 1st time i couldnt believe it i even tryed to write one.lol.other then that big pun was another beast from the east that was slept on super hard and mos deff as well

YEAH BABY!!!!!!! haha hell yeah you know my fat ass was a big pun fan from day!
mos def also sick! 6days from tokoyo drift was sick lol

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Krz88lx:

was just about to say Big L is a legend in east coast rap, was way ahead of his time. R.I.P L

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:
quote:
Originally posted by Krz88lx:

was just about to say Big L is a legend in east coast rap, was way ahead of his time. R.I.P L
Yeah, Ebonics, Flamboyant, platinum plus, & put it on were my favorite Big L songs...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by its50:

[/QUOTE .........

I just lost 100 pounds! im trying to live!~ im not going no where!!!!!!!!1

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE .........

[worship]
Thats my wife dog, I paid for those tites! get ya own dog ya heard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVOPotWx15g&feature=fvst

Nas is in the video along with a grip over other artist

[ April 05, 2010, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE .........

[worship]
Thats my wife dog, I paid for those tites! get ya own dog ya heard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVOPotWx15g&feature=fvst

Nas is in the video along with a grip over other artist

wooow you guys got me over here cryin dog..LMAO omg [worship]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JA RULE was better than NAS and ja rule is garbage, so whats that say about nas
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 1sicmaro:
JA RULE was better than NAS and ja rule is garbage, so whats that say about nas

Let me guess you think Fat Joe is way better then Eric B and Rakim [Wink] but we all have our fav.

--------------------

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry , but not just cuz im from the bay . so im going to have to say all of the above music is weak . its all bout the bay area sound, 808 beats that knock , not saying east coast don't use it but more like dont know how to use it . rip cash aka dolla aka fast gunna and rip mac dre. thizzzz or die u BZ [dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

everyone uses an 808..... I mostly listen to bay area music. You can only hear bay stuff for soooo long before you get tired of hearing the same sh*t.

if you open yourself up to all types of music, you will be suprised what you hear. [patriot]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUoKjt10W4&feature=youtube_gdata

I like how this beat turned out.

[ April 05, 2010, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Slowback ]

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

hell filter an nine inch nails use 808
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only few in the Bay are even really putting anything good out. Once Mac dre got shot its been all down hill. Mistah Fab is getting weak, E-40 gets old, the list goes on. Messy Marv is still goin strong though. There are still some things good in the bay.

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com