Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » this poor site (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: this poor site
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RANT i miss 98cobra.com when this site had nothing but gud help and people. not a bunch of side show ghost riding morons.{ganster this and that} this site is all drama now. all the long time members hardly ever post any more {i kno i dont but then again y should i} y arent the mods banning people and making it harder to register.there is nothing but junk in the for{d} sale now drama in general and teck talk has hardly any gud members giving advice {when it use to be very very good} yea i do get some gud laughs now and then but i might as well be in jr high with the level this site has been on {yes i kno my grammer and spelling suck...so put me at a jr level}its great the site has so many members but its just not the right kind. some one buys a stang for 3 weeks to side show it and wants a off road mid so they post here and then leave and then comes another. the bay area is outta controll yes it is coo to watch cause it isnt my ticket or impound. or these members stick around and just cause drama

im just ranting but most old school members im sure will feel the same way. most post and replys are by members from within the past year.

for example you have shady "mechanics" who are on drugs or just get ur car and fuck it up even worse.

then you have these members who get so damn bent over stupid kid shit and just flood the site with he said she said.

this is just a long rant and is over done so ill let some other members jump in.

note i still do go on the site cause i have nothing else to do in life but take care of my new born but im getting to the point were im bout to go to antoher site... i kno like thats a threat who cares... i kno

there is alot of GREAT members on this site in the shadows... svt306 {i beleave its T} hiddinnos, jon b, sac 50{i think}, aaron who had the red stang with rallys and a 96 cobra, shaun and drew,johncm,jordan_0806,90FoX
Eddie510- phildog etc etc
and many many old school very smart mustang minded members.... i guess this is to all the true members

anyways come on cafords pull it together [patriot]

[ March 24, 2010, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: SlowStockFox ]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had the power to ban people I would wipe out about half the people on this site!

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we need a person to have that power!!!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
RANT i miss 98cobra.com when this site had nothing but gud help and people. not a bunch of side show ghost riding morons.{ganster this and that} this site is all drama now. all the long time members hardly ever post any more {i kno i dont but then again y should i} y arent the mods banning people and making it harder to register.there is nothing but junk in the for{d} sale now drama in general and teck talk has hardly any gud members giving advice {when it use to be very very good} yea i do get some gud laughs now and then but i might as well be in jr high with the level this site has been on {yes i kno my grammer and spelling suck...so put me at a jr level}its great the site has so many members but its just not the right kind. some one buys a stang for 3 weeks to side show it and wants a off road mid so they post here and then leave and then comes another. the bay area is outta controll yes it is coo to watch cause it isnt my ticket or impound. or these members stick around and just cause drama

im just ranting but most old school members im sure will feel the same way. most post and replys are by members from within the past year.

for example you have shady "mechanics" who are on drugs or just get ur car and fuck it up even worse.

then you have these members who get so damn bent over stupid kid shit and just flood the site with he said she said.

this is just a long rant and is over done so ill let some other members jump in.

note i still do go on the site cause i have nothing else to do in life but take care of my new born but im getting to the point were im bout to go to antoher site... i kno like thats a threat who cares... i kno

there is alot of GREAT members on this site in the shadows... svt306 {i beleave its T} hiddinnos, jon b, sac 50{i think}, aaron who had the red stang with rallys and a 96 cobra, shaun and drew,johncm,jordan_0806,90FoX
Eddie510- phildog etc etc
and many many old school very smart mustang minded members.... i guess this is to all the true members

anyways come on cafords pull it together [patriot]

i just posted something about kid case but iight i guess if u say so..
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good post. I run a pretty large forum as well, and I have mods that ban folks left and right. I know it may seem like babysitting, but it is a necessary evil when you numbers get into the thousands. My biggest pet peeve here is the folks that rip folks off and are allowed to post here still. I think the perpetuates a lot of the drama. It's like you have to rip off the right person to get banned. This board is unique because a good percentage of folks actually meet and get to be friends in real life. Kind of gives the family aspect to the site. It would be nice if the mods fostered and helped that stay consistent.

Also upgrade the board software. Newer softwares allow the board to police themselves. With ratings, infractions, reputation points. Lots of features that will help weed out bad apples built into the software.

1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i miss the hidden dot at the bottom left corner of 98cobra.com
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many year has it been sence the site was called 98cobra? I have see a diff in people on the site and I'm no where close to OG on this site. Maybe people who do nothing but talk shit and start rumors about people should be banned.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
+1

When I first registered on this site which was about 6-7 years ago, all the members was very helpful!
I am never going to forget the time, Rob (triple og member) came up to me when I was in college and introduced me to this site.
If I posted a problem with my stang.. I would get at least 10 very helpful responses. I remember this one that when I couldn’t find the part that was the problem area, so one of the members took their time and took a picture, drew an arrow at the part...along with great advice.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good post
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
If I had the power to ban people I would wipe out about half the people on this site!

Someone make him a moderator!

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

Someone make him a moderator!
he is a moderator....but not the administrator

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel "eh-special" (Mexican Accent) [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i feel pretty much the same way. [patriot] it seems the new members don't give two shits about the site.. their either her to sale there junk, and never post. or they are straight post whores, posting up nothing but shit and threats..

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone remember the hidden dot at the bottom of the home screen on 98cobra.com?
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the OP!

when i found out about this site 7 years ago it was full of helpful advice. when my boy Mikey (rip) and I built our first smallblock for his gt we were on here constantly asking for help from members and getting awesome advice!

the carshows in Hayward were awesome and I was always making "lets get together" posts when i was going to be driving back to the bay. nowadays i wouldn't feel comfortable posting my phone number or any information about where i was going to be on this site.
i still feel that the assholes who stole my droptop found it through this site.

and +1 on banning people who have ripped people off on this site. if someone did me dirty but were allowed to keep selling their b.s. i doubt id stay around.

and why no more bannings? a couple years ago a bunch of people were IP banned just because they talked a little shit towards a mod or admin on here. they were banned immediately. now we have people making threads talking shit to other members and stories about people being ripped off by members.

IMO it's time to clean house.
-drew

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
I agree with the OP!

when i found out about this site 7 years ago it was full of helpful advice. when my boy Mikey (rip) and I built our first smallblock for his gt we were on here constantly asking for help from members and getting awesome advice!

the carshows in Hayward were awesome and I was always making "lets get together" posts when i was going to be driving back to the bay. nowadays i wouldn't feel comfortable posting my phone number or any information about where i was going to be on this site.
i still feel that the assholes who stole my droptop found it through this site.

and +1 on banning people who have ripped people off on this site. if someone did me dirty but were allowed to keep selling their b.s. i doubt id stay around.

and why no more bannings? a couple years ago a bunch of people were IP banned just because they talked a little shit towards a mod or admin on here. they were banned immediately. now we have people making threads talking shit to other members and stories about people being ripped off by members.

IMO it's time to clean house.
-drew

Its because the admin's stopped giving a shit about this site.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow i thought i was going to get alot of negitive out of this.

i remember when johncm built a motor and we put it in and had all kinds of help. i remember being 16 taking my v6 drop with my gpa to the hayward car show.

it just sucks this site went so far down hill and people make stupid craigslist adds talking shit or posting others cars, selling pure junk etc

i miss seeing sick cars for sale in ford sale are. i bought a sweet notch from 66ac cobra i think for cheap hci.

johncm bought a hci sc car from hiddinos

and as noted by other members teck talk use to be so bad ass now its like no one goes in there cause its the lamest and most common sense ? this is a mustang website have some kind of smarts. i feel like a 10 yr old gurl could make a post in there and prob have more of an ansew or advice for someone.

ive met some great people on here and still say hi and see how things are once in awhile.

shaun from aed bought a truck from me... i remeber going to his house way back.. hed work on my car shoot the shit. one day he was building a scoop for his intercooler or some shit. i think i even got arron on this site...well i told him bout it way back at the track.

it just suck such a great site has gone to shit.

yea i have been the little shit talker here b4 and all that...shit im 23 now 24 in july... i was like 15 when i got on here.

im glad some other og triple og {movie friday} members feel the same way. now ban some people and make it harder to get on the site and register. [patriot]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a side note. There is still some very quality people here. When I had my bad episode with my car, quite a few folks stepped up and offered resources, parts and advice. Ultimately Dan is gettin me back right and he is a very cool gentleman. So for one bad episode/person I met about 5 good folks. So this site is not all negative. It just sucks that you do have to wade through so much BS.

BTW I shoot the shit with everyone and I do like that we can talk about just about everything here.

[ March 24, 2010, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can ultimateBB be exported to a format the vbulletin can import?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

there is some very good people on this site still no doubt. it is nice almost anything goes but some of the stuff is just pointless or rude/offensive to most people or in general and you have to remember this is a mustang website for car guys. [patriot]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

I believe so...but that was a lot of versions back so I am not 100% sure.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

how about me and you buy this shit and make it better [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

I believe I still have licenses available of vBull. 90GT has offered hosting. Even if I dont have licenses there are free boards lil punBB, vanilla (i know the developer of this one), and phpBB that are better than this dinosaur, non-secure software.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
there is some very good people on this site still no doubt. it is nice almost anything goes but some of the stuff is just pointless or rude/offensive to most people or in general and you have to remember this is a mustang website for car guys. [patriot]

Damn he gave Eddie a shout out and I got a lower member # [Frown] i no feel especial (mexican accent) [Razz]
On a serious note I fully agree this site has gone down hill badly. I wish 94GT had the power to ban because I know he wouldnt hesitate. I havent seen Matt aka 9Cobra8 on here in a long long time.

Side note 1sicmaro Member # 9734 with 14 posts, were you a member here before? What was your other # and name? Not many people remember the Dot... Hell i barely recall it and look at my member #....

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

i'll donate some money to help!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com