Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best article describing Pacquiao Fans (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best article describing Pacquiao Fans
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324097-international-boxing-fans-the-boxing-worlds-necessary-evil

very entertaining article

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This might get ugly...

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO....I got hella popcorn ready..

quote:
They are some of the most annoying fans the boxing world has ever seen. On top of it all, they are probably the least knowledgeable boxing fans in the world.
This is lightweight true though. The article honestly holds a lot truth to it. But...still...popcorn in hand.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought it was gonna be  -

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
 -

OMMFG.LMMFAO...THAT IS HILARIOUS. that image is hella funny. Took me a while to see what it was lmao....

HAHAHAHAHA, that just made my day...I cant stop laughing

[ January 12, 2010, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who cares whether they're "true" fans of boxing or not. There are a lot of fans in many sports who are not "true" fans. For example: I run across a lot of "so-called" Cowboys fans. They haven't seen a game since 2007; Still think T.O. is on the squad; Don't really understand the game. But in the end, they are still fans. It is a little frustrating to try and have a conversation about the particular sport/subject with those type of fans, but let's remember that we don't commit to all sports. I like boxing and basketball a lot too, but I'm def not a "true" fan.
Boxing also happens to be a sport that doesn't have too many true fans. I have Black friends that root for Black fighters just because they're Black. I have family members and friends that root for Mexican fighters just because they're Mexican. Filipinos, Italians, and so forth, do the same.
I don't buy that some of you here that criticize Filipinos don't do the same.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea PAC fans don't want to face the truth R O I D S

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Who cares whether they're "true" fans of boxing or not. There are a lot of fans in many sports who are not "true" fans. For example: I run across a lot of "so-called" Cowboys fans. They haven't seen a game since 2007; Still think T.O. is on the squad; Don't really understand the game. But in the end, they are still fans. It is a little frustrating to try and have a conversation about the particular sport/subject with those type of fans, but let's remember that we don't commit to all sports. I like boxing and basketball a lot too, but I'm def not a "true" fan.
Boxing also happens to be a sport that doesn't have too many true fans. I have Black friends that root for Black fighters just because they're Black. I have family members and friends that root for Mexican fighters just because they're Mexican. Filipinos, Italians, and so forth, do the same.
I don't buy that some of you here that criticize Filipinos don't do the same.

exactly [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think all these fucks that keep hating are just jealous and somewhat RACIST! Yea, you may not be dropping racial names towards filipinos or anything, but its just hard to believe for most of the haters that Pac is a small ass FILIPINO whoopin ass! Roids or not, if he wins, you hate...if he loses, you hate. Why cant you just realize he's a raw ass fighter whos faster than all the shit heads that YOU'RE rooting for! Its hella annoying hearing and reading this shit..bet your ass wouldnt say it to his face though!

And to put the cherry on top, yea, maybe we're not "true boxing fans" [Roll Eyes] but who the fuck is? N8? who else???? You guys are just jealous of the pride that we have in our country cuz you can't say the same!!!! [dance]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC66  Ford pictures for SIC66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I think all these fucks that keep hating are just jealous and somewhat RACIST! Yea, you may not be dropping racial names towards filipinos or anything, but its just hard to believe for most of the haters that Pac is a small ass FILIPINO whoopin ass! Roids or not, if he wins, you hate...if he loses, you hate. Why cant you just realize he's a raw ass fighter whos faster than all the shit heads that YOU'RE rooting for! Its hella annoying hearing and reading this shit..bet your ass wouldnt say it to his face though!

And to put the cherry on top, yea, maybe we're not "true boxing fans" [Roll Eyes] but who the fuck is? N8? who else???? You guys are just jealous of the pride that we have in our country cuz you can't say the same!!!! [dance]

couldn't agree with you more... these motherf***ers always got some negative shit to say. even if pac is on roids, it doesn't mean he can win them all. you know how you know they're HATERS, cuz they don't have anything positive to say about it at all. it's always excuses all the time. and then they turn it into a race thing. BITCH PLEASE...
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC66  Ford pictures for SIC66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

roids w/out proof... yea okay... you ain't sayin shit about mayweather using Xylocaine?

look it up.

http://hometestingblog.testcountry.com/?p=6051

--------------------
66 Fastback

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how are people gonna use the racist card.im pretty sure the whole sport is made up of minorities at this point.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC66:
quote:

roids w/out proof... yea okay... you ain't sayin shit about mayweather using Xylocaine?

look it up.

Last time you brought that up, I asked if you could provide the original article from 2002 that wrote that Mayweather used Xylocaine? There is not one that is why no crediable website or sports channel has said anything about it...If you are going to criticize riod accusations with other false accusations what is the point? Credible people and credible websites having made the accusations, not blogs...do better homework...
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
how are people gonna use the racist card.im pretty sure the whole sport is made up of minorities at this point.

people here are bringing it up. saying that "you must be filipino to be a fan". pac fans are not just filipinos, but some folks here tend to go that route. that's where the race shit comes from. ignorant asses.

--------------------
66 Fastback

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I DONT CARE IF HE IS BLACK WHITE PURPLE OR GREEN PACQUIAO IS A CHEATER THAT HASNT GOT CAUGHT YET [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Sic66 - 90% of Pacquiao fans are filipino...then you add the majority of american boxing fans that do not like Mayweather and you have 10 times more Mayweather haters than Pacquiao Haters...But at this point it is pointless for the Pacquiao Fans to cheer for Pacquiao to win boxing matches becasue it would be like cheering for Barry Bonds to break the Home Run Record...It doesn't matter because we all suspect that you are cheating and until you proves us wrong, your cheating!...

SydeWaySix - Could you imagine how different this situation would have gone if it was Hatton complaining about Pacquiao using roids and you lived in Britain...you would probably have to move to the Philipines...The fact is that if american fans were as loyal as most international fans, than Pacquiao would have had no choice but to take the test and validate his accomplishments or never fight in america again...Mayweather is treated like this generation Jack Johnson...And Manny is treated like Barry Bonds.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bleacherreport:
Almost every international boxer who comes to the United States is seen as someone who has the chance to bring pride to their country; which basically equates to a lot of fans who really don't know anything about the sport buying tickets for the fight and ordering those pay-per-views.

When Manny Pacquiao fights, it is the Philippines fighting.

When Ricky Hatton fights, it is Great Britain who is fighting.

When Miguel Cotto fights, it is Puerto Rico who is fighting.

When any great Mexican fights, it is Mexico fighting.

As I said before, you can't blame people for having national pride. And it seems that the poorer the nation, the louder people scream and grasp for the opportunity to gain attention and noteriety. It's normal...

I'll throw another guy on that list above too. Andrew Golota. The Polish community was buzzing!

Of course, looking from the outside, it can be extremely annoying. I do think that the following comment is out of line...

quote:
Originally posted by bleacherreport:
They are some of the most annoying fans the boxing world has ever seen. On top of it all, they are probably the least knowledgeable boxing fans in the world.

Most annoying fans of the moment? Absolutely. Most annoying fans the boxing world has ever seen? That is going too far.

Let the better boxer win if this fight happens!

Cheers!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a true boxing fan so you can add me to the mix... Yeah I do side with Puerto Rican fighters cuz that is what I am but I am also a boxing fan. I watch all fights.. ESPN fights, Mexican station fights, classic fights.. I watch them all. I watch boxing so much that every female Ive ever been with gets anoyed and says "how many times are you gonna watch that same fight" lol or "You say that thats one of the greatest fights you've ever seen to every fight you watch" hahaha. I dont hate on any particular fighter.. but when my guy is fighting someone all of a sudden that other guy becomes the target. It pisses me off that fans say "who cares if Pacquiao is on roids, ur mad cuz he whooped you fighters *ss..." Are you serious? Where is the pride in that? I am a huge Cotto, Felix Trinidad, Juanma, Lakers and 49ers fan. Everyone who's known me since i was little knows this about me. I stick thru my teams no mattter what. I stick with the crappy niners and the Lakers werent so hot in the early 90's after Magic left but I will tell you what... If I heard that Montana, Magic, Trinidad, Cotto... was on Roids I'd be devastated and would feel cheated... I know I wouldn't say "so what, we whooped your *ss" Real Talk...
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

quote:
Originally posted by BATMOBILE:
Im a true boxing fan so you can add me to the mix... Yeah I do side with Puerto Rican fighters cuz that is what I am but I am also a boxing fan. I watch all fights.. ESPN fights, Mexican station fights, classic fights.. I watch them all. I watch boxing so much that every female Ive ever been with gets anoyed and says "how many times are you gonna watch that same fight" lol or "You say that thats one of the greatest fights you've ever seen to every fight you watch" hahaha. I dont hate on any particular fighter.. but when my guy is fighting someone all of a sudden that other guy becomes the target. It pisses me off that fans say "who cares if Pacquiao is on roids, ur mad cuz he whooped you fighters *ss..." Are you serious? Where is the pride in that? I am a huge Cotto, Felix Trinidad, Juanma, Lakers and 49ers fan. Everyone who's known me since i was little knows this about me. I stick thru my teams no mattter what. I stick with the crappy niners and the Lakers werent so hot in the early 90's after Magic left but I will tell you what... If I heard that Montana, Magic, Trinidad, Cotto... was on Roids I'd be devastated and would feel cheated... I know I wouldn't say "so what, we whooped your *ss" Real Talk...

i watch boxing a lot too. i actually like cotto. i was one of the people who thought pac might lose. i am loyal to my teams too, regardless of the situation. but to discredit pac w/out proof is just being ignorant and jumping in the band wagon. people tend to make excuses whenever he wins. everytime he fights, peopel always sya he's gonna get his ass whoop by this guy and that guy. after he wins, he won because of all this and that. that's when the excuses seems to come out. but people just can't accept the fact the he is a pretty good and exciting fighter.

--------------------
66 Fastback

SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:
quote:

look it up.

Last time you brought that up, I asked if you could provide the original article from 2002 that wrote that Mayweather used Xylocaine? There is not one that is why no crediable website or sports channel has said anything about it...If you are going to criticize riod accusations with other false accusations what is the point? Credible people and credible websites having made the accusations, not blogs...do better homework...
okay. then where's your proof that pac is on roids? now you go do your homework... show me some proof not accusations...

--------------------
66 Fastback

BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

i watch boxing a lot too. i actually like cotto. i was one of the people who thought pac might lose. i am loyal to my teams too, regardless of the situation. but to discredit pac w/out proof is just being ignorant and jumping in the band wagon. people tend to make excuses whenever he wins. everytime he fights, peopel always sya he's gonna get his ass whoop by this guy and that guy. after he wins, he won because of all this and that. that's when the excuses seems to come out. but people just can't accept the fact the he is a pretty good and exciting fighter.
I hear what you saying but doesn't it kinda look like he is guilty with how he is handling it?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:

My whole gripe is just take a step back and look at him like a normal fighter. Not a national icon. When you do that you will be able to see through the media smokescreen. Floyd fights for checks and he at times cripples the sport with that attitude. Manny has been fighting fighters and placing them at an unfair disadvantage. Thus crippling the sport. The PEDs thing, is one of those it is easy to prove wrong things. And he chose to run from it. So it is his fault he is looked at in this light. Just like it is Floyds fault he is looked at as a person that ducks good fighters. Just call it what it is, and that is what Manny fans cannot do. Like if someone came up and asked you if you were gay in front of 30 friends. If your answer was, "well I dont know, what are you, why do you want to know". Everything but saying "no". Well a good 25 of those 30 friends will go spread the word that you are gay. Why? Because it would have been very easy to just say "no". For Manny it would have been easier to just take the tests and fight. He took a blood test for Hatton. So his whole defense went out the window right there.
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

My whole gripe is just take a step back and look at him like a normal fighter. Not a national icon. When you do that you will be able to see through the media smokescreen. Floyd fights for checks and he at times cripples the sport with that attitude. Manny has been fighting fighters and placing them at an unfair disadvantage. Thus crippling the sport. The PEDs thing, is one of those it is easy to prove wrong things. And he chose to run from it. So it is his fault he is looked at in this light. Just like it is Floyds fault he is looked at as a person that ducks good fighters. Just call it what it is, and that is what Manny fans cannot do. Like if someone came up and asked you if you were gay in front of 30 friends. If your answer was, "well I dont know, what are you, why do you want to know". Everything but saying "no". Well a good 25 of those 30 friends will go spread the word that you are gay. Why? Because it would have been very easy to just say "no". For Manny it would have been easier to just take the tests and fight. He took a blood test for Hatton. So his whole defense went out the window right there.
NICE!!! AGREE
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
quote:
quote:

look it up.

okay. then where's your proof that pac is on roids? now you go do your homework... show me some proof not accusations...
Never said he was on roids, but based on the way he has handle this situation it leads to believe that he hiding something, I suspect he is using PEDs...His personality outside the ring as a stand up citizen and gentlemen does not match with the personality being shown in reference to the accusations related to PEDs...Several credible analyst and experts have put their reputations on the line to call Manny out suggesting that he is using PEDS...In the media, you guilty until proven innocent...ask Mark Mcgwire...There were only suspicion until he admitted it...same with Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds...Neither have been proven PEDs user, but their arrogance and the overwelming suspicion of their accomplishment have made them guilty...Only Pacquiao fans are questions Mayweather's use of painkillers...Everyone is questioning Pacquiao use of PEDs...If you are clean, take the test and prove you are clean...
SIC66
¯
Member # 7269

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

NICE!!! AGREE
i see it for what it is. i too wish he just took the test, but we all know it would not end there. mayweather's team will come up with something else. also,he does not dictate the rules. let's see if he asks his next fight to take te test. he was willing to take the test after the fight. if there was something, it would show. so, it's like someoned calling someone's mom a whore, so she must be one until she proves she's not. it goes both ways. but to accuse w/out proof is ridiculous. why don't you see it for what it is too. mayweather is finding ways to duck the fight. it is also determined that any epo is determined in urine.

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/QA_EPO_Detection_En.pdf

in the end, i see this as a plot to get people interested in this fight so much, so they can all make millions out of all of us...

[ January 12, 2010, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: SIC66 ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com