Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Silver State Classic (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Silver State Classic
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ImDIm going to try and make it to the event on Feb 6th. I've been wanting to participate in one of thoes.

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F1R/GT:
We should all get a group together and travel down their. I might even tow my car down their with the 4door SRT10. Hmmm I wonder if you can enter two vehicals.

I was reading through the guidelines & its one vehicle per driver.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well then it's gonna be the mustang. Hhmmmm... Maybe I should just use the truck it'll be way cheaper and I'd be saving the wear and tear on my mustang so when I do it the second time I can be in a way faster bracket.

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, you could bring the truck. I was watching a video of the parade through Ely last year & saw a Z71 Silverado lol so you'll be fine in the truck.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

At least it has a Viper engine. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never raced in it myself, but they always have some awesome machines coming out for this event

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Shoes coming with me?? I gotta go!

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I don't know what race that is but that's not saying much

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

It's only one of the bad assest races in the entire world hat anyone can enter.

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when is this years event? and what about the open road event in texas(i think ) the pony express run.. atleast thats what i think it's called... i have always dreamed of building a car for this event... [worship]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

The silver state is in May as for the race in Texas I'm not sure when that's held but it's just way to far for me to travel.

--------------------

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think you or your car are ready for the race. Weren't you the first time road racer talking about your 650rwhp mustang gt and taking it to the track. You will have overheating problems with the blower setup and you should probably get your car on the road track first to see if you and it are ready before you kill yourself trying to go 150mph in an under prepared car.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would love to do this, but 4.30 gears are not compatible with these types of races, lol.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Grey03gt: trying to put me on blast or somthing? You don't know shit about me or my car!! I'm not some kid driving a fast car for the first time!! [Mad]

--------------------

gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many open track events do you have in your history? From your other posts you seem to not have a lot of experience road racing (which isn't bad). I just don't think you understand what is needed to safely compete in that kind of race at 150mph. I can almost guarantee you that your cars setup isn't right and your car doesn't have the proper aero, cooling, oiling, or brakes for this kind of event. Not to mention the safety gear to pass the intensive tech. A silver state classic 1999 cobra was for sale a little while back with full cage, alcon brakes, 3 sets of ccws, drysump, diff cooler, full undertray, wing, splitter, not to mention tons of other goodies. He was running between 150-170.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F1R/GT:
Grey03gt: trying to put me on blast or somthing? You don't know shit about me or my car!! I'm not some kid driving a fast car for the first time!! [Mad]

not takin sides but grey03gt does kinda have a point. all those cars dont look regularly modded. i know u have quite a bit done to ur car but i dont know if its enough to have the endurance to maintain constant high speeds in desert heat and what not....i know mine isnt

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OP- the Texas Mile is comming to California. There is a guy from SVTP looking for people to join him...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/california-172/657999-mojave-mile-march-6th-2010-a.html

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Well I'm doing it anyway. If it makes it, which I know it will then you guys owe me a beer! On he other hand if it doesn't make it, well then I guess I'll be the o e buying you guys a beer. How's that sound? [burnout]

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be down if my car was up to it but um ya.....
More power to you! hope all goes well with you and the car good luck man [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Relax people, first timers are limited to the 110mph class and CANNOT go over 124mph during the entire 90 mile stretch of the race. I'll be there with my four door front wheel drive family sedan [Big Grin]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Thank you black 02 ss

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com