Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Silver State Classic (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Silver State Classic
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone here has ever raced in the Silver state classic? How was the tech inspection? How was the over all experience? Would anyone be interested in getting a group together to do the race?

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Common any bey wanna go? It's bad ass.

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL... I would venture a guess that 90% of the people on this board don't even know what that race is.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Can someone post a link or a you tube clip of the race so people can see. I don't know how to do that kinda stuff from my phone.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
LOL... I would venture a guess that 90% of the people on this board don't even know what that race is.

Naaw maaan my ex chp used ta do dat all daaaay [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F1R/GT:
I was wondering if anyone here has ever raced in the Silver state classic? How was the tech inspection? How was the over all experience? Would anyone be interested in getting a group together to do the race?

there two guy at walnut creek ford that did it
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

What did they have to say about their experence? Was it good or bad? Was it worth doing? I'm gonna guess yes.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:

I guess that I fall into the 10%. That race attracts some serious hardware in the top classes.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Yep.... All the big boys come out to play. Theirs some serious shit out there.

--------------------

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Biggest thing is overheating. If you do it, post results!
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What did they have to say about their experence? Was it good or bad? Was it worth doing? I'm gonna guess yes.

there asshole so i didn't talk much to them but there big in to raodracing
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think there was a girl in Nor cal LSX who did it. Was in a lower speed category. She enjoyed it and was going to do it the next year when I talked to her last.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe there was a sn95 that was featured twice in 5.0 and he was shooting for 200+mph. I believe he got it and then some.
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

I'm definitely going to do it. I was wondering if anyone else wanted to race also. My speed catagory depends on if I change my rear gears back to stock or higher. I have plenty of power. [patriot]

--------------------

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Aslowdodge: damn dude you ought to do it see how fast that thing will actually go. By the way I also live in Pleasanton we should get together some time weather and race fuel permiting of course. [Big Grin]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As a first timer your speed category will be between 95 and 110 mph with a top speed limit of 124.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You really might want to do an open track day or something first.
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

SteveL: from what I've read I thought first timer top speed was 150mph but I could be wrong. If it's limited to 124mph that's really all the better because my car is geared pretty low.

9cobra7: are their any track events coming up soon? I agree that I should participate in an ppm track event prior to the BIG RACE. It will help me prepare for tech inspections and all the safety requirments. Good idea...

--------------------

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How would there be an open event for the silver state classic? This is not an auto x event???

I would suggest that any car that has low gears and a stock cooling system wont make it. The race is based on an avg mph. So if you're going through a slow section and you're in a 124mph class you have to make up the difference.

Good luck and have fun!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Dude.... I know that.

My car is not stock at all. In fact nothing on that damn car is stock anymore.

--------------------

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Wait I take it back.... The stering wheel is stock. [Razz]

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd put my GXP through it; I've been wanting to do this forever.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just read through the site & as SteveL mentioned you're limited to a max avg speed category of 110 & max top speed of 124. Touring class also only requires OEM seat belts & doesn't require a cage. Sweeeettt

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
SteveL: from what I've read I thought first timer top speed was 150mph but I could be wrong. If it's limited to 124mph that's really all the better because my car is geared pretty low.

9cobra7: are their any track events coming up soon? I agree that I should participate in an ppm track event prior to the BIG RACE. It will help me prepare for tech inspections and all the safety requirments. Good idea...

There is always track events going on with many different groups. I'm probably going to another event Feb. 6th Sat. with Trackmasters. Check there website, they have many events and are well organized and a good group for beginners or experienced drivers. It's going to be a Sears Point my favorite track.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

We should all get a group together and travel down their. I might even tow my car down their with the 4door SRT10. Hmmm I wonder if you can enter two vehicals.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com