Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » BULLITT INTAKE/PROCHARGER PROJECT."PHASE 1 ,PROJECT KEEPS ON GROWING" (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: BULLITT INTAKE/PROCHARGER PROJECT."PHASE 1 ,PROJECT KEEPS ON GROWING"
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THIS PROJECT STARTED OUT AS A SIMPLE BULLITT INTAKE MANIFOLD SWAP.$320 WAS SPENT OUT OF POCKET AFTER I SOLD THE STOCK MANIFOLD.THE BULLITT INTAKE CAME WITH A 4"JLT COLD AIR INTAKE, BLUE IN COLOR AND A POLISHED ACCUFAB OVAL THROTTLE BODY.BOTH PARTS COMBINED FROM AMERICAN MUSCLE STORE COST $689 BUCKS.IVE BEEN WANTING TO UPGRADE MY INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR YEARS. SO THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET THIS DEAL SLIP THROUGH MY FINGERS.
 -  -  -  -  -
THE REASON FOR THE TITLE"PROJECT KEEPS GROWING".IS BECUASE IT LITTERALY KEPT GROWING.IT STARTED WITH POLISHING MY SUPERCHARGER.........
"BEFORE"
 -  -  -  -  -

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01GT#1STUNA  Ford pictures for 01GT#1STUNA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHEN I GOT THAT BLOWER BACK AN THE TWINKLE HIT MY EYES.I WAS HOOKED.THAT WHEN I STARTED WITH THE MANIFOLD AND ALL BRACKETS.  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------
PROCHARGED 01 GT 465RWHP 475RWTQ 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST.THIS MONSTER IS BUILT FROM THE FLOOR UP.BUILT NOT BOUGHT."TOTAL PACKAGE"

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

SINCE I STARTED DRESSING UP THE MANIFOLD AN BLOWER.THE VALVE COVERS JUST WASNT CUTTIN IT.IF I WENT WITH BLACK OR BLUE VALVE COVERS IT WAS GOING TO MAKE THE MOTOR APPEAR NARROW SINCE THE INTAKE AN BLOWER WEAR SO SHINNY.SO I FOUND SOME CROME BBK VALVE COVERS FOR $190 BUCKS THAT WENT PERFECT WITH THE SETUP AN MADE THE MOTOR LOOK ALOT WIDER.  -

THE NEW PARTS MADE THE ENGINE BAY LOOK SO GOOD.THE INPERFECTIONS OF THE 8 YEAR OLD PAINT IN THE ENGINE BAY STARTED ME OFF ON THE NEXT PROJECT.  -  -

--------------------

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

THE BIG PLAYA JOHNY CAME THROUGH WITH THE HOOK UP ON A 2003 COBRA TANK WITH DUAL FUEL PUMPS AND 65LBS INJECTORS TO REPLACE MY SINGLE 255 FOCUS PUMP AN 42LBS INJECTORS THAT WEAR BARELY CUTTIN IT.ALSO REPLACED THE STOCK FUEL RAILS WITH SOME COOL LOOKIN ANODIZED BLUE ONES.........  -  -

THE INSTALL WENT SMOOTH.I DELETED THE COOLANT TANK,EGR VALVE,AN RELOCATED THE POWER STEERING TANK OVER WHERE THE BATTERY USED TO BE.SO IT WOULD OPEN UP THE VIEW OF THE VALVE COVERS AN BLOWER.I HAD TO SWITCH OUT THE THROTTLE CABLE AN USE THE BULLITT ONE CAUSE IT DIDNT REACH.  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

SEE HOW THE COOLANT TANK GETS IN THE WAY.THOSE PULLYS ARE LOOKIN A LITTLE WORN.I THINK ITS TIME TO PULL THE ALUMINUM PULLYS THAT HAVE OFF THE SHELF AN USE THEM.  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice engine! Looks great with all that polish. I have done a lot of parts on mine and can appreciate the time investment. Gotta get a polished overflow tank though.
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats gay Nate.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful!!!!!!!!
Real jawdropper man,good job!
[patriot]

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Thats gay Nate.

STOP HATEN MIKE D.U NOOOOOOOOOOOO U LOVE IT BABY.........

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that looks nice.who did the work i wan get my upper done
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by 306mustang:
that looks nice.who did the work i wan get my upper done

one of the workers a 25 year veterine that works at UNIVERSAL METAL POLISHING . COM IN HAYWARD.IF U ASK THE OWNER FOR A QUOTE THE PRICE MIGHT BE ALITTLE MORE THAN IF U JUST ASKED THE WORKER TO DO IT UNDER THE TABLE FOR CASH.LET ME LOOK FOR THE ## AN I LL GET BACK WIT U.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [worship] [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Universal does some great work. Even paying straight up, I have always been happy with the price and impressed with the work they did.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jesus i feel i need to wear my sunglasses just to look at this thread [Razz] [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think i need a towel!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Eat rice it's good for you!

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
i think i need a towel!! [Eek!]

YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY AS HELL.............. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the HP goal? 400 or so? [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ December 24, 2009, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1 Old 96
¯
Member # 9454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1 Old 96  Ford pictures for 1 Old 96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Impressive!
Posts: 25 | From: martinez ca. | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
What is the HP goal? 400 or so? [Wink] [Big Grin]

SHAWN TUNED IT UP TO 465.RWHP 475.3.RWTQ.@6500.RPM WITH 15.5 POUNDS OF BOOST ON 91 OCTANE.HE ALSO GAVE ME A RACE GAS TUNE THAT GAVE ME 19 MORE RWHP.SO ON RACE GAS SHAWN HAD ME LEAVEN THE SHOP WITH 494.RWHP.I COULDNT GET THE SMILE OFF MY FACE FOR WEEKS.I PUT SOME LONG TUBE HEADERS ON AN DIDNT GO BACK FOR A RE TUNE AT FIRST.THE CAR WAS FELT FASTER BUT IT FELT LIKE IT WAS RUNNIN ROUGH AT THE SAME TIME.SHAWN SAID IT FELT FASTER BECUASE I INSTALLED THE K MEMBER AN A ARMS AN REAR TRACTION AT THE SAME TIME AS THE LONG TUBES.I RAN AN 11.80 @118..,1.63 60FT BEFORE SHAWNS NEW TUNE.WHEN I GOT TO AED'S SHOP AN PUT THE STANG ON THE DYNO IT ONLY MADE 421.RWHP I WAS PRETTY DISAPOINTED.ON TOP OF THAT THE CAR WAS RUNNIN REALLY LEAN.THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD LEAVE THAT SHOP WITHOUT FIXEN MY BABY UP..........IF MY CAR RAN 11.80 WITH 421RWHP.WHAT DO U I CAN EXPECT AFTER I GET IT TUNED "(AGAIN)"!!!!! WITH THE NEW INTAKE AT THE TRACK AN ON THE DYNO?????????THANKS

[ December 24, 2009, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: 01GT#1STUNA ]

--------------------

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great looking car man. Mines the same color but it's not as nice. I think you've just inspired me to finally start the cosmetic phase on my car. Just gotta get the tune done. As of now it's puttin down 719 to the wheels at 6000rpm. It should get close to 800rwhp when they can get it to spin up to 7 grand. [Big Grin]

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by F1R/GT:
Great looking car man. Mines the same color but it's not as nice. I think you've just inspired me to finally start the cosmetic phase on my car. Just gotta get the tune done. As of now it's puttin down 719 to the wheels at 6000rpm. It should get close to 800rwhp when they can get it to spin up to 7 grand. [Big Grin]

DAMN THAT SHITS OFF THE HOOK.THATS SOME CRAZY POWER.THE REASON WHY I HAVENT TOOK IT TO THAT LEVEL YET IS BECUASE MY FUEL SYSTEM WAS AT ITS LIMIT.ALL I HAD WAS A 255 FOCUS PUMP WITH A KENNY BELL BOOST A PUMP.THAT WAS MAXED OUT AT 95%.IF JOHNY DIDNT SALE HIS TURBO GT,I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THE COBRA TANK AN 65LBS INJECTORS.NOW I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUPPORT ANTHER 300 OR SO RWHP.IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY DIRECT PORT NOS.I KNOW THAT'LL PUT ME UP THERE.BUT ANYWAYS DO U HAVE ANY PICS OF YOUR CAR AN EVERYTHING U DID TO IT.IT SOUNDS SICK.I REALLY WANT TO CHECK IT OUT.PUT THE PICS UP BRO THANKS

--------------------

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that looks badass, goes perfect with the rest of the car...Gotta love the Bullitt intake which is good for 35 HP alone on a S/C car... [Smile]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
Damn that looks badass, goes perfect with the rest of the car...Gotta love the Bullitt intake which is good for 35 HP alone on a S/C car... [Smile]

WOW THATS THE SHIT WEAR DID U HERE THOSE NUMBERS.I HEARD THE SAME THING FROM 3 DIFFERENT GUY THAT USED THE BULLIT ON THERE SUPERCHARGED STANGS.I WAS HOPEING FOR 15 RWHP.I KNOW I WAS AIMING A BIT LOW,BUT IT WAS CAUSE ANYTHING OVER THAT WOULD BE AWSOME.IM GONNA AIM LOW SO IM NOT DISAPIONTED WHEN I GET ON THE DYNO.BUT I HEARD THE SAME THING U DID ABOUT THE BULLITT.

--------------------

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 01GT#1STUNA:
quote:

WOW THATS THE SHIT WEAR DID U HERE THOSE NUMBERS.I HEARD THE SAME THING FROM 3 DIFFERENT GUY THAT USED THE BULLIT ON THERE SUPERCHARGED STANGS.I WAS HOPEING FOR 15 RWHP.I KNOW I WAS AIMING A BIT LOW,BUT IT WAS CAUSE ANYTHING OVER THAT WOULD BE AWSOME.IM GONNA AIM LOW SO IM NOT DISAPIONTED WHEN I GET ON THE DYNO.BUT I HEARD THE SAME THING U DID ABOUT THE BULLITT.
It was in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords I think I read it on. They had a bolt on new edge GT with a stock intake and a pro charger I think. Than the replaced it with a stock bullitt intake only to see how much better the intake was. They Dynoed 35 extra HP with just the intake alone...I never got to compare the two since mine came with the bullitt intake..lol Good luck bro, I'm sure your setup will deliver great numbers...I wish my setup looked like yours... [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

01GT#1STUNA
¯
Member # 7620

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 01GT#1STUNA:
quote:

It was in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords I think I read it on. They had a bolt on new edge GT with a stock intake and a pro charger I think. Than the replaced it with a stock bullitt intake only to see how much better the intake was. They Dynoed 35 extra HP with just the intake alone...I never got to compare the two since mine came with the bullitt intake..lol Good luck bro, I'm sure your setup will deliver great numbers...I wish my setup looked like yours... [worship]
DO HAVE ANY PICS OF YOUR INTAKE CAUSE THERES A FEW HOSES AN VACUM HOSE CONNECTIONS THAT I DID NOT NO WHAT TO DO WITH

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com