Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pac vs Cotto (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pac vs Cotto
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
i think pac is just gonna be too quick [Wink]
http://www.nowboxing.com/archives/3721

He was just as quick when he fought Marquez. And marquez is not a fast fighter. And marquez tapped dat ass. Cotto is not a sloth, he is not blinding either, but he is a good fighter and is not a Hatton or a shell of Oscar. And Cotto can hit. And Pac is not as elusive as being made out to be. He will be hit. And Miguel is a legitimate welter weight. I cannot think of a opponent that Pac has faced that has a mule kick like Cotto. And that is something you really cannot train for. I still say Cotto by late stoppage.
yah, but pac is not the same fighter that fought marquez back then. he has a little more arsenal now.

[ October 29, 2009, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: S4OSHUS ]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
i think pac is just gonna be too quick [Wink]
http://www.nowboxing.com/archives/3721

He was just as quick when he fought Marquez. And marquez is not a fast fighter. And marquez tapped dat ass. Cotto is not a sloth, he is not blinding either, but he is a good fighter and is not a Hatton or a shell of Oscar. And Cotto can hit. And Pac is not as elusive as being made out to be. He will be hit. And Miguel is a legitimate welter weight. I cannot think of a opponent that Pac has faced that has a mule kick like Cotto. And that is something you really cannot train for. I still say Cotto by late stoppage.
yah, but pac is not the same fighter that fought marquez back then. he has a little more arsenal now.
I would say his biggest gain was that he is now a 2 fisted fighter. I still think too much is being made of him. He does move a bit better too, but he still is not an elusive target. "IF" he wins this then I think all the accolades are welcome. But to judge him by hatton and oscar is premature. There is a reason Manny ducked Mayweather and Shane. Both would have clowned him, easily. Cotto, is a safer tho still dangerous test. As he is easy to bait and historically fades.
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8, i think u give Cotto too much credit about his power...He has average power for a welterweight...Typically he wears down his opponents with pressure and volume...His best punch is the left hook to the body...His flaw is defense...He really has a problem coming forward with his ear muffs and is open for an uppercut or straight right or left...The natural reaction for Cotto will be to bully and rough up the smaller Pac...He will push forward hoping to work to the body and find the combination of accuracy and speed hard to deal with...Manny will move effectively, just enough to stay out of harms way...The best way to defeat Manny would be to force him to be the agressor...Make him take chances and make him pay when he does...Slow the fight and make it boring...Manny's a puncher and would prefer to trade than dance...For this fight he will dance because of the size issue...if he gets in trouble he will trade as a natural reaction...To take advantage of his size Cotto should force Manny to come to him and use his jab...He needs Manny to take the risks and come inside of his reach...He should use Floyds gameplan from the marquez fight..and That is how Cotto will have to beat Manny...Cotto was chosen for a reason...Roach doesn't think that Cotto will change his fighting style to beat Manny and will instead let his pride believe that he can beat Manny coming forward...If Cotto stays patience, uses his jab, and force Manny to be the aggressive fighter that lost to Marquez twice he will win...In Manny's last 3 fights his opponents came after him and he countered and moved effectively...all of his opponents were pressure fighters...he stays away from fighters who are defense oriented and good counter punchers...there is a reason!!!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with the "reason". Because it is why he avoided the real elite of the class. But I think Cotto is top of the class in power in that division.

Total fights 35
Wins 34
Wins by KO 27
Losses 1
Draws 0
No contests 0

He did TKO Zab, and Zab is a much better fighter than Pac and is faster IMO. He took some hard shots from Randall Bailey who is known for knocking cats heads off (granted that is all he known for). And he won against Joshua Clottey, whom I think is a better fighter than Pac too. Tho I didnt really like his game plan. Cotto has basically been the ring with stiffer competition IMO. He has the whiskers, so Pac wont be knocking him out. Both men are easily hit, I just think Cotto packs a harder punch. Hell he knocked Clottey down with a jab. And Clottey is no slouch. Oh and btw Judah is a southpaw. So Cotto has fought fast southpaws.

[ October 29, 2009, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cotto vs Judah...Judah was winning the fight and actually split Cotto lip in the 4th...Judah's Stamina killed him and was not koed by one punch but by the a hundreds or so punches and eventually his body gave up...Thats my point...the volume of punches put Judah down not one punch...From my memory Clottey never went down and his Game Plan did suck...never leave a fight up to the hands of judges...Also Judah has never been the same fighter after his first loss...You are right that Cotto is on top of the division in power, but no one in the division has elite power...He is not a one punch fighter that can change a fight with a single punch...Pac on the other hand has that type of power...I not 100% that the power will follow him to 145-147, but it did follow him to 140...Honestly, i think in the power department they are probably even and if i had to choose one it would be Pac...I think out of Pac and Cotto only Pac has to power to change the fight with one punch...Out of all those KO's Cotto has, he has never Koed someone similar to the way Pac has...and I agree Cotto has faced tougher competition, but Moseley really won and the Clottey fight should have been a draw and the only real win in my book was Margarito because he was winning most of the fight until the plaster hardened...In all his elite fights only in the Judah fight did his "power" show...
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Cotto did down Clottey in like the 1st or second round or and I do not believe Pac has the power of a true welter. Cotto did very well against Zab and weather some tremendous shots from Zab. And I believe Zab punches hard and is faster and has more defensive prowess than a Pac. Like I said unless Cotto just slips tremendously I do not see Pac winning this fight or landing a punch that changes the course of the fight. If Clottey and Zab couldnt do it Pac wont. He could win by lookin busier I do agree.
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^you both have good points. i just think pac is gonna shock it again. all the previous fights people say "oh, he's gonna loose this one for sure" but he always comes out better and better every fight. so, i'll just wait [Wink]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
^^^^^you both have good points. i just think pac is gonna shock it again. all the previous fights people say "oh, he's gonna loose this one for sure" but he always comes out better and better every fight. so, i'll just wait [Wink]

Just for the record, I knew he would beat Hatton, and I knew he would beat Oscar. Both fighters looked terrible in previous outings. Cotto has yet to look terrible in an outing (I dont count MargaCheato). Who ever bets on Cotto will clean up. Just for the record I am a Pac fan.
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

cool...either way if pac wins or lose you win. you'll either be more of a fan or you could say "i told you so" [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Just for the record, I knew he would beat Hatton, and I knew he would beat Oscar. Both fighters looked terrible in previous outings. Cotto has yet to look terrible in an outing (I dont count MargaCheato). Who ever bets on Cotto will clean up. Just for the record I am a Pac fan.
I thought Oscar would beat him but I was wrong and i can admit it. Hatton i thought would lose but I bet money on him because I had 4-1 odds. I hope Cotto weighs 145lbs at the scales and come fight night weighs 160lbs. Even if the contract says 145lbs on fight night i would say fuck it and knock manny's fucken head clean off his shoulders. I mean really? If Cotto's weighs more, what the fuck are they gonna do? call off the fight? LOL

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just saw pacman on that fob show tv patrol tonite and he looks more ready than ever... i really think he's gonna bring it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com