Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pac vs Cotto (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pac vs Cotto
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fight is getting closer and i want to see where my boxing fan are at...I have Pac-Man winning by decision...
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cotto, by late stoppage
9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9165pt0  Ford pictures for 9165pt0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pacs way too fast. hes got his step ova down. i think cottos strong enuff 2 win, but he betta counter dat speed n angles pacs gon bring. only bad news it dat cotto got frustrated with one of his sparring partners and kiked him out of the camp. they say the sparring partner was there to copy pacs style and outbox cotto and he frustrated cotto 2 da point of makin him leave camp...dat doesnt sound good.
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You honestly think Cotto will work hard in the last rounds...I think he will win a majority of the early rounds, but his lack of stamina will show itself and leave him open for effective counters...he tends to stop moving effectively after 8 rounds...I just think because of the stuff happening in the Phillipines Pac seems to be a little bit more motivated to win...I don't see a true motivation for Cotto, nor have I heard anything to get me to believe that he wants to win more than Pac...I honestly think that is why Mayweather talks shit so he can always fight with a chip on his shoulder...always wanting to prove the haters wrong...I don't see Cotto winning, but i do see a closer fight than Freddie Roach will like...I also don't see Cotto getting KOed...He took a ton of punishment from Margarito and stayed standing...

[ October 28, 2009, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: rmadison007 ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like I have been saying all along. This whole fight is dependent on how much Cotto can weight on the night of the fight. if he has to weigh 145lbs he will lose. If he can rehydrate and come in around 158 as he usually he will knock Pacmans head into the third row!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

I guarantee you Cotto will weigh 155-160 on fight night...Most Welterweights weigh about that on fight night...Cotto's power means nothing if he can't hit Pac...He will give him angles and he has good hand speed,decent ability to counter, and move effectively...Cotto's defense and establishing a consistent jab is the key...Also Cotto should take advantage of Pac Man's poor defensive after his aggressive combination that normally leave him vernerable to counter right hands(Marquez blueprinted that)...For Pac if he understands that Cotto's weakness is his defense while moving in and stays consistent with a straight left and right uppercut...Cotto will eventually walk right into problems...Remember I have said from the begining Straight Left and Right Uppercut...Also watch for that overhand left that put Hatton to sleep, your natural reaction to that move is to block your body...That punch is devastating!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My boy PacMan is about to KNOCK COTTO THE FUCK OUT! PacMan isn't gonna let his people down now. The boy is in his prime and I got faith that he can fuck up almost anyone in or around his weight class [Whoo Whooooo!] Unstoppable [worship]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rmadison007:
I guarantee you Cotto will weigh 155-160 on fight night...Most Welterweights weigh about that on fight night...Cotto's power means nothing if he can't hit Pac...He will give him angles and he has good hand speed,decent ability to counter, and move effectively...Cotto's defense and establishing a consistent jab is the key...Also Cotto should take advantage of Pac Man's poor defensive after his aggressive combination that normally leave him vernerable to counter right hands(Marquez blueprinted that)...For Pac if he understands that Cotto's weakness is his defense while moving in and stays consistent with a straight left and right uppercut...Cotto will eventually walk right into problems...Remember I have said from the begining Straight Left and Right Uppercut...Also watch for that overhand left that put Hatton to sleep, your natural reaction to that move is to block your body...That punch is devastating!

In the contract he signed with Oscar, Oscar could not weigh anymore than 145lbs on fight night and that sealed his doom. I just wonder if Cotto has the same stipulation. I don"t think most people understand the signifigance of being able to rehydrate. Cotto was hit by Margacheato with plaster gloves for 11 rounds. I don"t think Pacman is gonna hurt him too bad LOL

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Like I have been saying all along. This whole fight is dependent on how much Cotto can weight on the night of the fight. if he has to weigh 145lbs he will lose. If he can rehydrate and come in around 158 as he usually he will knock Pacmans head into the third row!

This is how I am seeing it. I see no clause that said 145 for fight night. I believe Pac will feel the power diff when he steps into a weight class where the opponent is a natural in that weight class and among the elite hitter.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
My boy PacMan is about to KNOCK COTTO THE FUCK OUT! PacMan isn't gonna let his people down now. The boy is in his prime and I got faith that he can fuck up almost anyone in or around his weight class [Whoo Whooooo!] Unstoppable [worship]

Pac ain"t nowhere near unstoppable [Roll Eyes] If that was the case why would he need to fight all these people at "catchweights"?

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

This is how I am seeing it. I see no clause that said 145 for fight night. I believe Pac will feel the power diff when he steps into a weight class where the opponent is a natural in that weight class and among the elite hitter.
Yeah but we did'nt know until AFTER the De La Hoya fight about the fight night weight being 145lbs so we won't know until the fight happens.

--------------------

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Weight is not going to matter in this fight...Naturally Pac is around 145-150 pounds...Based on his recent fights his power did not disappear and he seems just as quick, and actually looks like a better boxer not just a one hand wonder...Cotto is naturally a 160-165 pound guy maybe more and should be in the 160 range fight night, but even as at 147 Cotto is not known to have knockout power...he is a pressure fighter whose accumulation of hard body shots usually make his opponents quit...His style of fighting mimics Hatton's...As a fighter Cotto is alot better fighter than Hatton, but they fight the same way...aggressive,hard body punching, poor defense...You guys will see...Pac will take advantage of Cotto's flaws in his defense and win by decision...Cotto's pride won't allow him to get KOed...
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Weight is not going to matter in this fight...Naturally Pac is around 145-150 pounds...Based on his recent fights his power did not disappear and he seems just as quick, and actually looks like a better boxer not just a one hand wonder...Cotto is naturally a 160-165 pound guy maybe more and should be in the 160 range fight night, but even as at 147 Cotto is not known to have knockout power...he is a pressure fighter whose accumulation of hard body shots usually make his opponents quit...His style of fighting mimics Hatton's...As a fighter Cotto is alot better fighter than Hatton, but they fight the same way...aggressive,hard body punching, poor defense...You guys will see...Pac will take advantage of Cotto's flaws in his defense and win by decision...Cotto's pride won't allow him to get KOed...

only way I see Pac winning is if Cotto beats himself. He is naturally the bigger man and weight does matter. And Pac is not a defensive dynamo himself only thing I credit Roach with is making him a legit 2 fisted fighter. Pac is a flawed fighter as well. It is just no one played it to a strength until Marquez did. If Cotto was smart he will take a page from that book and take Pac out inside of 9 maybe 10 rounds. But I can see a Pac victory as well. But my mind is going with Cotto.

[ October 28, 2009, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9165pt0  Ford pictures for 9165pt0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah but big diff between cotto and hatton is dat cotto keeps his guard nice and tight, also he is much more calculated in what he does. but pac still has way 2 much speed and angles, and all that coming from a lefty is hard to beat. hopefully cotto can start to time pac by the middle rounds and give us an exciting fight.

mayweather vs. cotto or pac needs to happen for boxing tho.
shit id settle for a mayweather/mosely.

rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

only way I see Pac winning is if Cotto beats himself. He is naturally the bigger man and weight does matter. And Pac is now a defensive dynamo himself only thing I credit Roach with is making him a legit 2 fisted fighter. Pac is a flawed fighter as well. It is just no one played it to a strength until Marquez did. If Cotto was smart he will take a page from that book and take Pac out inside of 9 maybe 10 rounds. But I can see a Pac victory as well. But my mind is going with Cotto.
You have to remember who Pac's trainer is...Mr. Roach...Roach knows how to pick opponents and gameplan...Marquez beat Pac because he is a great counter puncher with a rock hard chin...He was willing to take one the chin to give two...It takes a very discplined fighter to fight Pac because of his ackward style...Cotto will have to pay a steep price to come in or try an walk down Pac...I don't think Cotto will risk that questionable chin....Cotto will be the chasing Pac and that will basically eliminate the weight and height advantages...Ask oscar how hard it was to find Pac and exchange...He is very quick and agile and throws punches from every angle...I just think that unless you are defensively sound that it will be hard to handle Pac...Pac does not have good defense, but he has developed great head movement and footwork that keep him out of danger...he is consistently turning his opponent around in circles after exchanges to stay out of danger and rarely is caught on the ropes...I just don't seem Cotto walking him down into the ropes or corner and consistently doing damage...Do u think if Cotto is caught early he will be willing to get up and grind it out to win the fight?...It says alot about Marquez that he was able to take 3 shots in the first round of the first fight and get a draw and take 1 shot in the first round of the second and lost(but should have won)...
N8
¯
Member # 6048

lol..Cotto suspect chin. He fought a dude with cement gloves and stood up for a long time. I think too muc credit is being given to Pac and too much taken from Cotto. Do not forget Pac has yet to be hit by a legit person in the weight class. And a person that can HIT. Cotto is a very good boxer. Honestly he fought a shell in Oscar so I dont count that. His hatton victory was impressive but Hatton just came off of a knockout loss. I think this will be a good fight, but Cotto deserves more credit.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
lol..Cotto suspect chin. He fought a dude with cement gloves and stood up for a long time. I think too muc credit is being given to Pac and too much taken from Cotto. Do not forget Pac has yet to be hit by a legit person in the weight class. And a person that can HIT. Cotto is a very good boxer. Honestly he fought a shell in Oscar so I dont count that. His hatton victory was impressive but Hatton just came off of a knockout loss. I think this will be a good fight, but Cotto deserves more credit.

excuses, excuses. PacMan FT-mothafuckin-W! [Razz]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:

People are actin like Pacman is superman or somethin. You should have heard all the filipinos gettin all excited at the gym after pacman beat Oscar. They were talkin wreckless sayin that He would K.O. Floyd within 4 rounds and all kinds of B.S. [Roll Eyes] I really hope Cotto knocks his head off next month. If he does, i'm gonna be laughin all the way to the bank! [Big Grin]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

People are actin like Pacman is superman or somethin. You should have heard all the filipinos gettin all excited at the gym after pacman beat Oscar. They were talkin wreckless sayin that He would K.O. Floyd within 4 rounds and all kinds of B.S. [Roll Eyes] I really hope Cotto knocks his head off next month. If he does, i'm gonna be laughin all the way to the bank! [Big Grin]
Cotto has the skill to beat Pac and the power to end it. And the chin to weather a storm. His fitness is always gonna be suspect. But his heart can bever be questioned. If Cotto indeed loses, he may as well retire.
9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

both men have a good chance. but pac at this stage is goin 2 b hard 2 beat. hes a lefty, who steps ova, is fast, and has developed his right hook. but dont count out cotto, hopefully he can time things. im just not really sold on cottos new trainer. goin up against roach is goin 2 b hard.
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Cotto, by late stoppage

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

Dude if he lays down Cotto like he did Hatton...that would be the funniest shit ever.
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think pac is just gonna be too quick [Wink]
http://www.nowboxing.com/archives/3721

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
i think pac is just gonna be too quick [Wink]
http://www.nowboxing.com/archives/3721

He was just as quick when he fought Marquez. And marquez is not a fast fighter. And marquez tapped dat ass. Cotto is not a sloth, he is not blinding either, but he is a good fighter and is not a Hatton or a shell of Oscar. And Cotto can hit. And Pac is not as elusive as being made out to be. He will be hit. And Miguel is a legitimate welter weight. I cannot think of a opponent that Pac has faced that has a mule kick like Cotto. And that is something you really cannot train for. I still say Cotto by late stoppage.
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MANNY ALL THE WAY!!! [patriot] I think this will be the most challenging fight for him, but Manny seem like he got quicker and stronger.

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com