Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dang it, being black strikes again (sorry long) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dang it, being black strikes again (sorry long)
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe somewhere in the "jargon and jazz" she mentioned something that would have explained the issue.

Sounds to me you jumped the gun assuming it was because of race.

Either way, big props for holding your cool. If I felt someone was being racist I would probably flip out; not getting me very far....

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
24 days befor my 18th birthday my father passed away.i get a 35k check in the mail from his 401k.i go to the bank to open an account and the lady said,"how old are you"?and i asked her why.she said nevermind do you have ID i said yes i do.i open up my wallet and she sees my dads DL and befor i could grab mine she goes thats not you.i was like i never said it was and she walked off to the back and came back with someone else and and we start playing 21 questions.lol.i was down u had all the time in the world.but i pull out my shit and shes all i still cant take this u have to try else where.so i take my lil check and come back the next day when the branc manager was there who just so happend to be a friend of the family and watched them to get their asses handed to em.and the day after i went back in their and wrote myself a check from metlife 15k just for the fuck of it and they still to this day kiss my ass when i walk through that door.i love it [patriot] it does suck for me at times cause im young and black and the very 1st thing everyone comes at me with is"u sell dope huh?"lolbut that shit dont bother me
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like it was a combination of race and general suspicion.
A lot of folks on this thread are saying not to jump to the race card, but this shit really happens. The problem in this situation is "consistency".
And I hate when motherFU**ERS at banks try to make their own rules. Some dumbass at my bank made up his own regualtion on why he couldn't cash a gift check that was given from work. All I said was "get the manager", manager came and within 5 mins I was done.
Idiots!

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should do an experiment the next time you and your business partner get a check for a large sum of money. this time, you walk in first and have your partner go in 15min later. go to a different branch and see what happens and report to us. maybe this will prove something to the non-believers.
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
For what its worth, I am white, and I have been treated like dog shit by Wells Fargo...Lied to my face, ignored, etc.

+1, same situation as you N8, banks want you to have an account with them even if they issued the check. Don't know why, but it's messed up.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone knows Race still plays apart in today's society!! Some try & say its over get over it but its not & Some do jump the gun & claim race when things go bad but the truth is its still out their regardless what color your skin is we all feel it from time to time. All we can do is teach our kids that its stupid to judge a person because of the color of their skin!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like the bank was just doing their job if they didn't find 2 checks back to back for 10grand a lil suspicous I would prolly close out my b of a account.

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Banks sweat me all the time and Im not black.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
Sounds like the bank was just doing their job if they didn't find 2 checks back to back for 10grand a lil suspicous I would prolly close out my b of a account.

Actually they ended up doing their job after I held my ground. They tried to circumvent their jobs had I not. And I firmly believe this was racially charged as they did not afford me the normal due process for processing a check drawn from their bank and from that branch. I have already spoke to a person in customer support (supervisor) and they have assured me that this is not the banks process, is an isolated anomaly and that they will follow up and investigate and contact me with the findings. So based on that reactions sounds like they are doing the opposite of their "job".

Like I said had they did the normal checks and balances and provided a worth while statement of why they would not be able to then it would have been no harm no foul and I would have walked out and asked Scott to spot me for lunch. I am no fool and I can tell when I am being led astray so to speak. Everything about their actions screamed discrimination. And as for being afraid and bumbling? What would they be afraid of? Is it because I am a big black dude? I was very patient and cordial and even respectful when I was angry. But in the end I m totally happy that someone will look into this. Discrimination of any sort has no place in society. I dont care if they didnt wanna serve my because I had on my Nike Golf slacks on and never played a lick of golf in my life. Still treat me with the same respect as the next person.

[ August 26, 2009, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Actually they ended up doing their job after I held my ground. They tried to circumvent their jobs had I not. And I firmly believe this was racially charged as they did not afford me the normal due process for processing a check drawn from their bank and from that branch. I have already spoke to a person in customer support (supervisor) and they have assured me that this is not the banks process, is an isolated anomaly and that they will follow up and investigate and contact me with the findings. So based on that reactions sounds like they are doing the opposite of their "job".

Like I said had they did the normal checks and balances and provided a worth while statement of why they would not be able to then it would have been no harm no foul and I would have walked out and asked Scott to spot me for lunch. I am no fool and I can tell when I am being led astray so to speak. Everything about their actions screamed discrimination. And as for being afraid and bumbling? What would they be afraid of? Is it because I am a big black dude? I was very patient and cordial and even respectful when I was angry. But in the end I m totally happy that someone will look into this. Discrimination of any sort has no place in society. I dont care if they didnt wanna serve my because I had on my Nike Golf slacks on and never played a lick of golf in my life. Still treat me with the same respect as the next person.

you realy think you caried your self with dignity????
at this moment you disgraced your entire family name!!!!
those people looked at you like you were a peice of shit for implying racism!
the facts are all there, you stated them your self!

the ONLY reason your check was cashed was your immature mouth, i bet the mgr. was running for the vault hoping that he got back to the counter befor you called rev. jackson!!!!!

you should be ashamed of your actions and your thoughts!!!!
i cant believe what i just read!!!!!
on top of all that malarkey you went and called customer support?
no matter what, if you call racism, anyone is going to agree with you!!!
but i bet you have known that for a long time!!!!!
i hate to bust you out N8, but your no better then the rest of the retards tryna look for an excuse!!!!
wait, last i checked you aint never once had a problem with these tards on cafords throwin the honky or cracker words around, but you sure are quick to put people on blast for sayin N-I-G-G-A!!!!!
looks like your lookin a little to hard for something thats not there!!!
YOU JUST WENT FROM BEING ONE OF THE COOLEST GUYS ON CAFORDS TO BEING THE BIGGEST PEICE OF TRASH!!!! [BS flag]

[ August 26, 2009, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Working in the banking business as a teller and service officer for over 8 years, I can try to shed some light. You have to be cautious at times with non customers. Being that you and your partner came in practically at the same time and cashed out $20k in cash checks are red flags. Not only that you mentioned you were right at $10k limit, another red flag (CTR - Currency Transaction Report limit is $10,000.01). Certain banks for examaple have non customer limits. I can't speak for Wachovia because I never worked there. There are a lot of variables also depending on the type of bussiness account too. Just from hearing your short story and not knowing the full details, I would of approached it cautiously and brought a supervisor in too to review the transaction. It could have been two white guys that came in or In your case a white and a black guy or two Hungarians. That was a lot of money going out very quickly for non customers. She should have called to verify funds if it was over the non customer amount. At Citibank we had an amount that needed to be verified by phone by the account holder and signature must match account holders exactly.

wow. proper english grammar and spelling. am i really on cafords?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

the ONLY reason your check was cashed was your immature mouth, i bet the mgr. was running for the vault hoping that he got back to the counter befor you called rev. jackson!!!!!

i hate to bust you out N8, but your no better then the rest of the retards tryna look for an excuse!!!!
wait, last i checked you aint never once had a problem with these tards on cafords throwin the honky or cracker words around, but you sure are quick to put people on blast for sayin N-I-G-G-A!!!!!
YOU JUST WENT FROM BEING ONE OF THE COOLEST GUYS ON CAFORDS TO BEING THE BIGGEST PEICE OF TRASH!!!! [BS flag]

I had something typed up. But I figure talking to you about this situation is like feed a dead horse live oats. Just be knowing, that I am not a status quo type. Like I believe you to be. I see something wrong I stand up for myself. And hopefully for others. I for damn sure wont enable what I believe to be a racist situation, person or place. Ever. On the other hand, status quo types stay in their lane, and they follow not lead. And that just is not me.

Oh and I am still cool as the other side of the bed playa...lol.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Working in the banking business as a teller and service officer for over 8 years, I can try to shed some light. You have to be cautious at times with non customers. Being that you and your partner came in practically at the same time and cashed out $20k in cash checks are red flags. Not only that you mentioned you were right at $10k limit, another red flag (CTR - Currency Transaction Report limit is $10,000.01). Certain banks for examaple have non customer limits. I can't speak for Wachovia because I never worked there. There are a lot of variables also depending on the type of bussiness account too. Just from hearing your short story and not knowing the full details, I would of approached it cautiously and brought a supervisor in too to review the transaction. It could have been two white guys that came in or In your case a white and a black guy or two Hungarians. That was a lot of money going out very quickly for non customers. She should have called to verify funds if it was over the non customer amount. At Citibank we had an amount that needed to be verified by phone by the account holder and signature must match account holders exactly.

wow. proper english grammar and spelling. am i really on cafords?
hahaha, yea. Venom, seriously man I can respect that. Hell even if a check was not cashed before I expected them to have to verify it intensely. But to shoo me out the door, give me some bogus lame excuses that turned out to be totally not true? They did themselves a total injustice by doing that. Had they said it was homies limit or bank limit or something believable, I grab my check and leave and Scott spots me lunch. I do not go places looking for confrontation. Actually I am quite peaceful and most that have met me will tell you I am cool and pretty soft spoken.

FR
Oh and yes I had been vocal about the use of the N word casually here. Ask around.

[ August 26, 2009, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So fr5.0, Do you really think that discrimination don't exist [Roll Eyes] . And you should be a little more sensitive to a subject you have no perspective on [patriot] .

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Tongue-in-cheek, or is this real talk?

Regardless of whether it was discrimination or not, I think that N8 did the right thing by keeping his cool. That's tough to do, and something that I often have trouble with. I see it like this - bank tellers have a false sense of power, like without them, you would be missing the crucial link between you and your money. I've had so many of them hassle me for various reasons, making people jump through hoops to prove that they are there on legitimate business.

I like how you respectfully but forcefully called them on their bullshit, and in my opinion, if it WASN'T discrimination, why would the branch manager not have taken the time to explain the banking policies to you, rather than basically thanking you with his silence for helping him avoid embarrassment when he/they were obviously in the wrong?

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You had me believing this story until you put in there that some lady said she was going to close her account.

[BS flag]

Is phil a the old terrorist from SacStangs? If so, what the fuck are you doing in OR?

[ August 27, 2009, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: PugOwner ]

Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by PugOwner:
You had me believing this story until you put in there that some lady said she was going to close her account.

[BS flag]

Is phil a the old terrorist from SacStangs? If so, what the fuck are you doing in OR?

I have a attractive and interest inspiring way of speaking I have been told. Whether the lady closed her account or not I wont know. But she was obviously moved, by my being willing to stand up for myself. And just so you guys know, the tellers' job is not in danger as I am sure he was regurgitating the non-sense he was asked to by his superiors. Also on my follow up call I actually spoke of him highly as mainly doing his job. He is not the bad guy IMO.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet that lady didnt have an account either or was on chexsystems. Racism exists everywhere, black, white, asian, mexicans. Stereotypes persist and if your pulling the race card when there's no good evidence of race being an issue other than a perception of yourself being a big black dude trying to cash dem checks at a bank, then your self imposed prophecy becomes a reality to nobody else but you. For example, a stereotype I have is that black people try to pull the race card whenever they possibly can even it if don't exist. And based on this post, your living up to my own stereotype. I could be wrong, but whenever I hear something racial went down, like that professor and cop and OBAMA. It makes pulling the race card way less effective, than when it really happens. Still think N8's cool but don't be so sensitive and stop trying to call people's customer support when you already gots ya money. Your like the non-customer from hell and they could give a rat's ass about you by being a non-customer of their bank.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
I bet that lady didnt have an account either or was on chexsystems. Racism exists everywhere, black, white, asian, mexicans. Stereotypes persist and if your pulling the race card when there's no good evidence of race being an issue other than a perception of yourself being a big black dude trying to cash dem checks at a bank, then your self imposed prophecy becomes a reality to nobody else but you. For example, a stereotype I have is that black people try to pull the race card whenever they possibly can even it if don't exist. And based on this post, your living up to my own stereotype. I could be wrong, but whenever I hear something racial went down, like that professor and cop and OBAMA. It makes pulling the race card way less effective, than when it really happens. Still think N8's cool but don't be so sensitive and stop trying to call people's customer support when you already gots ya money. Your like the non-customer from hell and they could give a rat's ass about you by being a non-customer of their bank.

Quite contrary, I think they do care thus the calls I have received on follow-up communication. Like I said I gave every out possible to the parties involved and was very patient and understanding. As painful as it sounds yes stereotypes are everywhere and in everyone, hell I have them too. But when you personify that thought or misconception then you have a issue. And like I said I never formally presented the race card to them, I presented it to them in just about as ambiguous, vague format as they presented it to me. Essentially holding that mirror up to them and it clearly showed some prejudicial treatment. It could have been my clothes, cologne, hair style or whatever. but the closest non-common denominator was my skin color. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck what is it then? And if you are not black I am not going to ask you to understand and maybe this topic is not for you. And as for me being sensitive, negative on that. I am just not a another face in the crowd type or a person that lays down or runs off when I feel I am being wronged. I refuse to let someone pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes. I sure bet I wont be treated like that again when I return to cash a check. I hold people responsible for their actions/words and I hold myself in the same light. I also follow the saying "Make sure your words taste like the sweetest honey, because you are never sure when you'll have to eat them". Which they obviously do not do. So whether is be racism, or blatant disregard for due process. It wont happen to me again there or at least not without the appropriate recourse. Just for the record had it been the other way around and my partner was treated unfairly I would have had the reaction and same objections. [patriot]
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

I have a sterotype about caucasians thinking racism dose not exist and that people of color always place the "race card" Granted discrimination based on one's ethnicity is not ALWAYS the case, but it happens more often than prople think. Alot of people have built in subconcious (sp) feelings toward people of color and don"t even realize it.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[BS flag]

The one and only. I'm moved up here to go back to school, U of O. Who are you and why would you want to own a pug?
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[BS flag]

lol, does seem far fetched huh? Like something you'd see on In Living Color...

"Shit, I'm gonna close my account since that speach was so powerful by N8"

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8 some people will never understand!!! I think you did a great job & This battle to get other races to see will never end. So you know you did what was right & thats what matters. Because to some White's racism just cant happen anymore since the end of slavery!! LoL & I said some so I dont need every white to get upset, It only pertains to the few who believe racism dosent exist in 2009.

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:

[BS flag]

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

lmao...maybe I should run for pres.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

[BS flag]

[Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

lmao...maybe I should run for pres.
I would not put that past you N8 lol
[patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com