Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cop slams a old lady (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cop slams a old lady
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know we had a similar discussion earlier about a similar situation, but this one truly saddens me. Really bad judgment on this one.

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/08/video-ohio-cop-bodyslams-knife-wielding-grandma/

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on a side bar, the dude taking the footage is hilarious.
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha I think im going to hell cus I think thats helarious [Big Grin]

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't look like a big deal to me. Not excessive. Certainly wasn't "slammed". Just a wrist take down. If she hit her head on the way down then that is unfortunate. Shit happens. How could anyone know what the motive was for the old lady holding the knife. You can't expect the ofc to read her mind. Yeah, maybe she is not all there in the head. Maybe she sees demons and is using the knife for protection.

Here's a thought since we like to second guess police officers in everything they do. Maybe the womans care giver should have not left her alone in the car with .....WTF?!?!?!?! A freakin steak knife??????

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
Here's a thought since we like to second guess police officers in everything they do. Maybe the womans care giver should have not left her alone in the car with .....WTF?!?!?!?! A freakin steak knife??????

Women should always have a lil sumthin sumthin in their car. I know my wife does.

Yea it can go either way, and I am not bashing cops at all. Do I think it was excessive? Yes. It is just hard to not look at it from a perspective of "Damn they just did in a really old and frail lady". but that is part of the problem IMO. Any level of force could seriously injure a lady of that age. So it is almost a lose/lose for a cop. Which is very unfortunate. But...the cops I am friends with said they would have handled it a bit differently. Just sad.

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea i seen that an i was pissed. Come on did she really have to take her down like that! They could have handle the situation differently.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast92lxcoupe:
haha I think im going to hell cus I think thats helarious [Big Grin]

+1 [Big Grin] [dance]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too may have handled it differently. How would you have done it?

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

Personally I would have had tried to do a little more coaxing and try to get her to drop the knife. Old people always feel entitled due to age, so talking in a softer less authoritative voice is something I would have employed. Then I would have attempted a disarm without the take down if she proved to be a danger to herself or others. I am confident I can disarm a 87 year old frail women without cracking her skull. I think a little more patience would have proved valuable. As the relative showed up right after the take down.
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn cops using poor judgement has to come to end . You would think since people all around have cameras ready to film they would use some common sense. That is by no means funny an old person can be hurt easily and the cop should have considered that. I understand cops have a tough job but they should always keep their cool.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A knife is still a deadly weapon regardless of who is wielding it. A 4 year old can kill you with a knife, although chances are slim, its still a possibility. She was ordered to put the knife down, and refuesed. She got treated like anyone else should when you have a deadly weapon. Just because your 87 doesnt mean she cant slice your neck when going for the knife. The officer could have drawn her weapon as well at that point, but restrained in doing that.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
A knife is still a deadly weapon regardless of who is wielding it. A 4 year old can kill you with a knife, although chances are slim, its still a possibility. She was ordered to put the knife down, and refuesed. She got treated like anyone else should when you have a deadly weapon. Just because your 87 doesnt mean she cant slice your neck when going for the knife. The officer could have drawn her weapon as well at that point, but restrained in doing that.

Well true and not true, but cops are trained to assess the situation and use the force required. Thus your phrase "chances are slim". But cops are human as well and are not immune to judgment mismanagement. This is why I want to write a Myers Briggs type application and sell it gov't agencies. I think training should be as unique as the possibilities of judgment.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Personally I would have had tried to do a little more coaxing and try to get her to drop the knife. Old people always feel entitled due to age, so talking in a softer less authoritative voice is something I would have employed. Then I would have attempted a disarm without the take down if she proved to be a danger to herself or others. I am confident I can disarm a 87 year old frail women without cracking her skull. I think a little more patience would have proved valuable. As the relative showed up right after the take down.
You never know unless you are placed in that situation. Like I said, everyone second guesses the police. They can do no right. No matter how much training you give them.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You never know unless you are placed in that situation. Like I said, everyone second guesses the police. They can do no right. No matter how much training you give them.
Yea man, I am fully aware of how much of their job is based on split second reactions and perception. Which we all know comes in 1000's of flavors. But you are always held to a perception that is not your own. Very difficult, my hat goes off to all ya'll that do this job.
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

i think i woulda drawn my weapon and just maybe she woulda got spooked and dropped the knife. or maybe she woulda had a heart attack [Frown]

[ August 10, 2009, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: foxstang ]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they needed a sniper with a 50 caliber on the roof of wal-mart for that one. Bottom line here is the old woman should NOT be yielding a knife in public and the whole thing wouldn't have happened. Maybe now she'll stop doing it when she gets out of the hospital and learned her lesson, now lesson to you all, don't be stupid.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW FU*K THE POLICE [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

And oh yeah N8 how do you always find these vids and stuff about old ladys getting harmed? lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Didn't look like a big deal to me. Not excessive. Certainly wasn't "slammed". Just a wrist take down. If she hit her head on the way down then that is unfortunate. Shit happens. How could anyone know what the motive was for the old lady holding the knife. You can't expect the ofc to read her mind. Yeah, maybe she is not all there in the head. Maybe she sees demons and is using the knife for protection.

Here's a thought since we like to second guess police officers in everything they do. Maybe the womans care giver should have not left her alone in the car with .....WTF?!?!?!?! A freakin steak
knife??????

My gramp's has a slight case of dementia ( how ever you spell it) if we take him anywhere He is Never alone in public!

This story is sad.... I'm sure the family is upset but they need to realize you can't leave people with a condition like that alone... That's why my gramp's is living in a home... I found him one day walking down Georgia ST. In Vallejo in his pj's ... I picked him up and asked what he was doing and he said he was just going for a walk.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

yea maybe the cop should have pulled her samari sword out and battled with that decrepit hag!!!
im 100% sure there would have been a better outcome instead of a f$%king judo throw!!!
who ever said that was a normal everyday popo take down is a f#$king tard!!!!
i think that cop was trying to be chun lee from street fighter!!! WTF [Eek!]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by N93EXCHP:
And oh yeah N8 how do you always find these vids and stuff about old ladys getting harmed? lol [Big Grin]

this is the first one I found. The other one was found by someone else.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

So there's 2 N8's [Confused] [Razz] Oh wait I'm the other Nate well I happen to be Nathaniel but people call me Nathan [Big Grin]

Heres the link to your other grandma thread
Grandma Thread

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

So there's 2 N8's [Confused] [Razz] Oh wait I'm the other Nate well I happen to be Nathaniel but people call me Nathan [Big Grin]

Grandma Thread

I guess when your older your memory slips [Razz]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Grandma Thread

I guess when your older your memory slips [Razz]
LMAO [Big Grin] [worship] [dance]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
booo

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com