Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » got a dui (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: got a dui
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
also take a blood test. delay as long as possible. you will have to take a trip to give the sample but its worth a try if you have had anything to drink.

It doesn't matter what you take. There is no delay in blood. The drive to a hospital or the drive to jail for breath. For breath there is still a 20 minute observation prior to the breath test anyway.Both tests are going to show what they show regardless.
are you serious? the breath test is on the side of the road and the blood test is at a hospital. those are your two choices. if u had two beers at dinner and are close to a .08 the extra time could get you a .07 there is a big difference between the two
The police factor in how long it takes to get to the hospital and how long it takes for the alcohol to diminish in your blood stream. They charge you for the time you get pulled over.
50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have two friends that have got a dui a couple years back, and both paid about 5,000 just in dui classes & fines. one had a lawer, and the other didn't,
so start saving up [Frown] get your license restricted, and you will be able to go work or school only [BS flag]

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
You don't need Miranda rights read to you unless you are going to be interrogated. Also you can get a DUI and still be under a .08

You are correct sir

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was with a friend that got into a highspeed chase and crashed the car. he and i were taken to jail and put into holding cells. by the time they gave him the breath test it was under .08 and he was not given the dui. that is FACT i was there. the cop that arrested him was pissed.
Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustangNate:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:

For those of you that have said you have never drank n drove, let me ask you, Have you ever had a beer at dinner/lunch or at a bar, and decided to leave within an hour? chances are you are over the limit, but everyone handles their liquor differently, driving buzzed is still driving drunk.

I don't drink alcohol, at all...Ever. I drink water & iced tea, that's it.

So, there are us few whom actually have never driven drunk or even buzzed for that matter.

I was speaking to the people that DO drink alcohol to an extent, some do it responsibly some dont. Just some people i have run across associate getting a dui, meaning you are totally wasted and a baligerant drunk etc etc...

You are one of the people that just dont drink alcohol and dont have to worry about getting a dui. that is ultimately the smartest thing to do, if you dont want a dui... dont drink. [patriot]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Woow just reading the responses on this thread makes me feel good about not drinking at all..

I dont drink or smoke and i've heard DUI stories and been to alot of courts and seen lots of folks with DUI just struggling with everything..

Jail time, fines, lost their jobs, community services for 30+ days, court etc etc

Only thing i can recommend is getting a lawyer and learn from your mistakes...

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one time i tasted some beer, like a sip, and i had to get rides for a week so i didnt get a dui!
i dont know how you guys do it!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've read the majority of the responses, with most of them being negative to the OP. I find it ironic that most of you have a strong stance against drinking and driving...yet would streetrace at the drop of a hat. Sorry to say, but there is no difference between the two. Both have risks, both are misdemeanors (at a minimum) and both have STEEP fines. Not alot of difference...

What's that about living in glass houses? [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
johnb stick to doing gears.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so says mr 23109(exhibition of speed)

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

God damn right fostang. And I have a perfect driving record to back my shit up. Plus a class A license

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a drunk driver killed my dad on my brothers 8th birthday...i was 11 and my older brother 12.

to this day i could see the look on my moms face when she got the call.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fasthatch:
[qb] Most people drink n drive .

No, no they dont.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
i do not drink and drive what so ever, nor do i have tolerance for ppl who do, BUT. its VERY easy to be 100% ok to drive pass a sobriety and blow a .07 or .08 and it being officers discression, you better bet your ass is going to jail! Theres a very fine line there, thats why i dont even fuck with it.

sorry about your loss bud....

Fukk 2 drinks or 10 why even drive? There are cabs, the bus, freinds, booty calls, hookers, or hell you could even call a tow truck to tow your ass home. There are TONS of options besides driving.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:
i was never read my miranda rights when i got taken to jail and realeased at all. people are trying to tell me i can fight it. but i doubt that even matters

You will be read your rights/arraigned at court, since you were released and not held.

[ August 08, 2009, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
a drunk driver killed my dad on my brothers 8th birthday...i was 11 and my older brother 12.

Sorry to hear about your lost.

Some people don't understand how serious DUI are.

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i was never read my miranda rights when i got taken to jail and realeased at all. people are trying to tell me i can fight it. but i doubt that even matters

who evers tellin ya that are idiots, they shoulda told u that ur an idiot, man up and dont try and fuck the system
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do Not get a lawyer!!!!!!! I repeat do not get a Lawyer!!..I got one for 1800 and they do absolutely nothing for..they just go to court and do what u can do urself which is plead your case; also they dont have to read you ur rights. If u got caught in Santa Clara county ur gona have to work for 5 days..on the weekends or u can do ur days in jail..u choose!!
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

who evers tellin ya that are idiots, they shoulda told u that ur an idiot, man up and dont try and fuck the system
i said i didnt think i could and wasnt going to try to. im not trying to fuck the system or anything as you put it.

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

My Dad's drinking abuse over years cause his liver to fail and stories like this one keep me alcohol free. Sorry for your loss. [Frown]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
quote:

My Dad's drinking abuse over years cause his liver to fail and stories like this one keep me alcohol free. Sorry for your loss. [Frown]
damn bro i lost my dad to drinkin to! lifes fucked u what i mean

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com