Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » got a dui (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: got a dui
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got mine in 2006 things may be different now. But like said above file for a restricted license DMV does their own court system. My buddy just got one recently and they did a automatic 6 months suspension with a restricted license for work. I personally think its not worth hiring a lawyer I fought my own case and got better results. My case got dropped down to a wet and wreckless and only had to do a 6 classes vs the 9month courses they got for D.U.I offenders. I know how you feel bro though everyone talking shit on here but everyone makes mistakes just don't let it happen again.

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I hope it works out for you. You seem to have been in a lot of trouble lately (If I remember correctly you had another major legal issue recently). I would more look at yourself and the damage you are doing to you marketability in the job market. Not mention your habits and mannerisms may need to be adjusted. If you drive buzzed, it is only a matter of time before you drive hammered. Which we all know can have dire consequences.

Good luck.

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't understand the famous people like actors, etc that have millions of dollars but still refuse to pay for a cab. Those are the people we should be very harsh on. They are the ones that are usually the most drunk too!

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by 92sleeper:
You guy's are a bit brutal. I am sure he regrets his action of driving while under the influence. I dont think he needed a lecture, he was just curious of what will happen with his license. I also agree that driving drunk is stupid but sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

So if he regrets it, he can tell the court. They should drop the DUI, right?

It's not just stupid, it can cost a life, or worse, the life of someone else. I've had people near and dear to me hit by drunk drivers. I've almost been hit by one. I have no tolerance for drunk driving, and think this thread just shows how many others feel similarly.

Never once said the court should drop it.
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone makes mistakes and to take a mans livelyhood is harsh most injuries, accidents, and deaths(if I'm not mistaken) now a days are more so liked to cell phones rather than drunk driving so that's something to think about have you ever talked on your phone in the car? Should you lose you Ls and job?

Good luck with your case and I hope you learn your lesson buddy to me it's not worth driving drunk aside from automaticly losing my job I think about my little baby and the rest of my family I'll be damned if I go out that way. I FUCKING LOVE LIFE! [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya i messed up big this year. i dont condone drinking and driving i thought i was fine... i blew a .10. i only had 2 beers and a small rum and coke and waiting an hour or so. i got pulled over for my liscense plate light bulb was burned out

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also take a blood test. delay as long as possible. you will have to take a trip to give the sample but its worth a try if you have had anything to drink.
Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
quote:
You guy's are a bit brutal. I am sure he regrets his action of driving while under the influence. I dont think he needed a lecture, he was just curious of what will happen with his license. I also agree that driving drunk is stupid but sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

So if he regrets it, he can tell the court. They should drop the DUI, right?

It's not just stupid, it can cost a life, or worse, the life of someone else. I've had people near and dear to me hit by drunk drivers. I've almost been hit by one. I have no tolerance for drunk driving, and think this thread just shows how many others feel similarly.

Never once said the court should drop it.
No, but you are acting like it's no big deal because he probably regrets drinking and driving. He may, but it seems like most people only regret getting caught. I think the penalty needs to be stiffer.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
although it isn't right to drink and drive by any means but some people deserve to slide the 1st time they get a dui, everyone makes mistakes,but the dumb fucks who do it again and don't learn from the 1st time are the ones i have no sympathy for.Everyone human being makes mistakes it's the ones who learn from it.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
although it isn't right to drink and drive by any means but some people deserve to slide the 1st time they get a dui, everyone makes mistakes,but the dumb fucks who do it again and don't learn from the 1st time are the ones i have no sympathy for.Everyone human being makes mistakes it's the ones who learn from it.

first time caught is NEVER the first time that person drove drunk, EVER.

Each time they drove drunk and got away with it, is MORE than enough of a 'slide' - once they're caught, throw the fucking book at them.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
an there chance of a second dui is like 80% in the frist year of getting one
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I highly recomend getting a lawyer!!! sooner the better.
some people advise against it, however a DUI screws you over for 10 years.... u tell me if its worth getting a lawyer or not...

the court system and DMV are 2 completely different cases. I believe you have 10 days from your ticket to file with the DMV for a restricted license or to have a separate hearing. (i forget what its called) If you wait to long you automatically get the 30 day suspension.

The courts can say you get ur license, but the DMV can say no u dont get it back. since they each have their own rules for a dui.

If you get convicted, expect to get 10 days WWP(weekend work program) and about 3 months of classes (i think it was that long) the fines themselves are about $1500 for the ticket.(if i remember correctly) You then have to pay for the WWP and for the classes, not to mention the hassle with your insurance. all the shit adds up real fast.

Fines these days are going to be way higher do to the city trying to pull in more money on tickets etc... ( i just read the $25 talkin on the phone ticket comes out to about 100+ with fees and what not)

PM me if you have any questions.

For those of you that have said you have never drank n drove, let me ask you, Have you ever had a beer at dinner/lunch or at a bar, and decided to leave within an hour? chances are you are over the limit, but everyone handles their liquor differently, driving buzzed is still driving drunk.

Most people that get dui's is a result of not planning the night out well enough. I used to think that a $50 cab ride was expensive after a night out of dirnking, trust me, if you get caught that cabbie fee is like petty change...

Also for future reference, if you are ever pulled over and have been drinking, NEVER admit that you have had something to drink. whether or not it was a half a beer or a handle of vodka. All it takes is for you to say yes i had a drink, and before you know if you are walking the straight line and blowing into the breathalizer.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
also take a blood test. delay as long as possible. you will have to take a trip to give the sample but its worth a try if you have had anything to drink.

It doesn't matter what you take. There is no delay in blood. The drive to a hospital or the drive to jail for breath. For breath there is still a 20 minute observation prior to the breath test anyway.Both tests are going to show what they show regardless.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was never read my miranda rights when i got taken to jail and realeased at all. people are trying to tell me i can fight it. but i doubt that even matters

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:
i was never read my miranda rights when i got taken to jail and realeased at all. people are trying to tell me i can fight it. but i doubt that even matters

were you given a ticket
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Actually if thats true that could factor in your favor.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:

It doesn't matter what you take. There is no delay in blood. The drive to a hospital or the drive to jail for breath. For breath there is still a 20 minute observation prior to the breath test anyway.Both tests are going to show what they show regardless.
are you serious? the breath test is on the side of the road and the blood test is at a hospital. those are your two choices. if u had two beers at dinner and are close to a .08 the extra time could get you a .07 there is a big difference between the two
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F that man I have taken $150 cab rides from SF to the East Bay when I can't find a hotel.

$150 < $10,000

The fucked up thing is right when you walk out of a bar/club you can get written up for being drunk in public. My friend got that when we were trying to hail cabs at 3am in the city.

You can drive away with a .07 "and drive safe sir" or get your shit searched for an hour in the rain. It all depends on the cop.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daniel, you seem like your attitude is in the right direction as you are not pointing fingers and looking for excuses. As mentioned above, it would be best in the long run if you got a lawyer, despite it setting you back now.

Most of the DUIs that get handed out aren't because someone was driving reckless, but rather a burnt out tailight, missed traffic sign, etc.

It just takes once, as you are seeing...

Best of luck with it man.

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
F that man I have taken $150 cab rides from SF to the East Bay when I can't find a hotel.

LOL, me and my buddies routinely will split cabs from SF to Oakland (Bart stops running at 12:30am) and it sets us back about $70 with tip. Between 3-4 guys, its not too bad of an alternative to driving drunk considering what the costs are.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't need Miranda rights read to you unless you are going to be interrogated. Also you can get a DUI and still be under a .08
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daniel,

Good luck with your DUI. I would get a lawyer no matter what. There are some 1st time DUI Offense lawyers out there that will help you and are probably around $1800 to $2000. A DUI is too serious of an offense to even consider risking fighting it on your own.
Take it from me, who received one in may 2006, that it will come back to haunt you for at least 10 years. DO NOT, get another one or you will spend some serious time in jail. Quite a few people are under the misconception that if you blow under a .08, you won't get a DUI. Those people are completely wrong. If you have had a drink(s) and blow under a .08, you can still receive a Wet Wreckless which is the same exact thing as a DUI, except that it has a different title, you may not have to spend a night in jail, and you may not have to do the DUI classes afterwards. It will go on your record and cost just as much as a DUI.
Receiving my DUI was the best and worst experience. It made me realize how serious the crime is and how bad my situation "could" have been. I blew a .11 after I was caught speeding on my way home from a friends house. Luckily, no one was hurt or injured. The penalties are stiff for a reason and I completely stand behind every form of punishment I received for the offense.
Fast forward to today, I am currently going through the process with the California Highway Patrol. Believe me, I wish I could make my DUI disappear off my record. But, I did the crime and I have to face every consequence and drilling that comes with it. Overall, learn from your mistakes and don't let them happen again. Life is too short to make poor decisions that could alter anything you have going for you.
Again, I wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Well I have never drove drunk, buzzed. I never had a beer at dinner and drove. None of that shit and I'm 26. So you sleep in the bed you make

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
how do i keep my liscense for work? and possibiblity?

-
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:

are you serious? the breath test is on the side of the road and the blood test is at a hospital. those are your two choices. if u had two beers at dinner and are close to a .08 the extra time could get you a .07 there is a big difference between the two
The side of the road is not the breath test. That is a Pre test. The actual breath test is at the jail/pd. In Co Co County they have an Intoxilyzer machine at the jail inside the sally port.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:

For those of you that have said you have never drank n drove, let me ask you, Have you ever had a beer at dinner/lunch or at a bar, and decided to leave within an hour? chances are you are over the limit, but everyone handles their liquor differently, driving buzzed is still driving drunk.

I don't drink alcohol, at all...Ever. I drink water & iced tea, that's it.

So, there are us few whom actually have never driven drunk or even buzzed for that matter.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com