Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best Medium sized dog???? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best Medium sized dog????
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
i also have an american bulldog such a great dog...

-
 -
 -

nice dog bro, i aint never seen them that big before.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by -MITCH:
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
i also have an american bulldog such a great dog...

-
 -
 -

nice dog bro, i aint never seen them that big before.
haha the americans can get huge my dogs brother was 90 lbs at 7 months and is probably 140 now...he looked about the same size as the beast from the sandlot

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what about a golden retriever? find a pure bred SHOW golden. they arent hyper and tend to be a bit smaller then the bird dog breed.
i have both, they are just fantastic with kids

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the pics and input guys! Although I really want a big dog, I had to be realistic with my family's lifestyle and living space...so we decided to get a Boston Terrier puppy [Big Grin]

I always thought they looked cool...like mini Boxers in a way, but never really knew if they were good "family" dogs. After researching them a bit, it turned out that they are great with kids and very loyal to their family.

So my wife, daughter, and I went out to Los Banos last night and met up a breeder from Fresno (he was nice enough to hook up half way [patriot] ). We chose from a litter of 4 (3 females and 1 male) and decided to go with the most outgoing female with nicer markings. The other 2 females were really shy and timid...the one we chose came to us when we called for her, so she seemed to be the smartest and most fun. According to the breeder, the males are harder to train and messier, so we decided to stick to choosing a female.

Unfortunately we didnt take her home last night, but will be meeting with the breeder again next wednesday to pick her up!

Here's a couple pics of the puppies..

Mine is the one all the way to the left in the picture...

-

Mine is the one standing up tall...

-

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ man I got to make sure my girl doesn't see these pics or I'm gonna end up with another puppy [Smile] congrats on the new puppy.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ ^ That litter has some nice markings... Im real picky when it comes to markings lol.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
^ ^ That litter has some nice markings... Im real picky when it comes to markings lol.

I was never really picky about the markings as long as it had the "right" markings that this breed is supposed to have...but luckily the female that we chose has the best markings out of the litter. She has the white front legs and white going around half of her back...really nice looking.

--------------------

PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should have bought a Chinstrap.
Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by PugOwner:
You should have bought a Chinstrap.

a what [Confused]

--------------------

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Belgian Malinois is the best dog to get. theyre like German Shepards but more compact and less prone to problems such as hip displasia and such. They are very smart and you can get a female thats 55lbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Malinois

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There aren't many breeds that don't shed. Poodles, Portuguese Water Dogs or any of the poodle cross breeds. Someone mentioned Labradoodle and I think that's a great suggestion. All the ones I've seen are medium sized and good dogs. Smart dogs too.

[ July 22, 2009, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
staffordshire terrier! these are sick!!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=staffordshire%20bull%20terrier&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

my co worker and neighbor got one... looks like miniature pits, but friendly a$$ dogs!

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
staffordshire terrier! these are sick!!
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=staffordshire%20bull%20terrier&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

my co worker and neighbor got one... looks like miniature pits, but friendly a$$ dogs!

i got one she's the best dog ever no shed and great with kids also though if u mess wit me she does her job then amstaff is the way to go [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
]a what [Confused]

Ask anyone from ScrotumPower.com

[ July 22, 2009, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: PugOwner ]

Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
Greyhounds are great apartment dogs my girl and I are going to get a rescue one..... One of these days

Greyhounds are the best. I got 2.
Post a picture of your dog Scooby Doo.

My sister has a mini greyhound and its a cool little dog. It flat out flies around the house though, when it gets wound up it just runs.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com