Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best Medium sized dog???? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best Medium sized dog????
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR 94 GT:
my dad came to visit and ran her over in the drive way

[Eek!] wow, sorry to hear that [Frown] Thats kind of costly, but I'm definitley going to research them a little...they look cool [Big Grin]

Ty, that american bulldog looks like a white boxer...I'll look into those too. How much does your's weigh??

Ye it was the first dog I really loved mans best friend I shed tears for. But I want to get a boy later down the line from this guy http://www.pets4you.com/pages/petpalace.html

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
american bulldogs are actually nothing like a pit bull at all. the only thing similar is they have a big hard head...theyre really big sweethearts and super friendly i take mine to the dog park all the time and she gets along with every one and everything....not one complaint about her at all
 -

you got a nice looking bullie dog there i have one also an there just love being a lap dog
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
american bulldogs are actually nothing like a pit bull at all. the only thing similar is they have a big hard head...theyre really big sweethearts and super friendly i take mine to the dog park all the time and she gets along with every one and everything....not one complaint about her at all
 -

you got a nice looking bullie dog there i have one also an there just love being a lap dog
When I googled "AMerican Bulldog" it came up with some that look like the one pictured (kind of like a white boxer) and some that looke dmore like pitbulls. Are they short like Eglish Bulldogs or more slim and tall like boxers?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the one i have is taller than my boxer /pit mix but has a bigger chest were are you in the bay area
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the one i have is taller than my boxer /pit mix but has a bigger chest were are you in the bay area

Ok..I'll do a little more research on them. I'm out in Hayward

--------------------

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Monte, your neighbors dog is bad! Ask your neighbor if he'll sell me a miniature mastiff!!

Those Mini Sharpeis are sick! never knew they existed... i want one!

Sideways.... My co worker has some purebreed american bulldogs for sale right now, i can get you her info if you like. She got papers for em.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats about the best way to describe them is a boxer/pit mix..shes built very thick through the chest and very solid much like a pitbull but with the stubby face and personality of a boxer

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by -MITCH:
Monte, your neighbors dog is bad! Ask your neighbor if he'll sell me a miniature mastiff!!

Sideways.... My co worker has some purebreed american bulldogs for sale right now, i can get you her info if you like. She got papers for em.

PM me some info!

--------------------

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look into a Labadoodle... 1/2 lab 1/2 poodle.

My friends mom has one, hella cool dog, prob about 40lbs and cute as hell.

For your requirements I would advise against a Lab. They are huge dogs full grown, and are really hyper. Unless they are well trained and exercised well they can be a nusince. (well most dogs can fall into this catagory) But labs more so.

It really depends on how much u want to spend, but have you thought about saving a dog from a shelter. [patriot]

My next dog is either gonna be a basenji (smart as hell and doesnt bark) or a bull terrier [worship]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hands down. Boston Terrier

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:

Ok..I'll do a little more research on them. I'm out in Hayward
if you lived closer or ever come at this way i can show mine she super friendly an get around kids
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Hands down. Boston Terrier

I was thinking of an English bulldog or Boston terrier also. They're smaller in size and probably don't require as much space and exercise as labs, boxers, or American bulldogs. I live in a condo and not having a yard where the dog can run will play a big role in the dog I choose to get.

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
English bulldogs are awesome dogs and great in condos but not active enough for me. I went out on a walk with an english bulldog in the evening in Vegas and halfway through I had to carry the dog back on my shoulder because he was huffing and puffing.

I wouldn't let living in a condo or general characteristics of dogs and their personalities stop you from getting a dog you really want. I am a firm believer that with enough attention and love any dog is suitable.

I know a rot who lives in a NY apartment and gets taken out in the morning and at night. She's one of the most well mannered dogs I have seen with children. My little cousin will tug at its scruff around its neck and put their hand in its mouth and the dog handles it well. But you wouldn't believe the extent of time and patience that was needed to teach the dog apartment living and get her into a routine.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greyhounds are great apartment dogs my girl and I are going to get a rescue one..... One of these days

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a miniature bullterrier those things are sick. One of my favorite doggs. My grlfriend has a french bulldog and that thing is sick also. He's small n real strong with a lot of muscle.

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got to your local human society and pick up a mutt that suits you, usually $50 spayed or neutered with first set of shots. Pure breds are always iffy depending on the breed humans don't know how to play god with genetics that was pure breds have something f***ing problems.
Labs-hips, bulldogs-everything, etc.

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had 3 labs over the years and all were retarded. I have 2 pure bread Beagles right now and those are great dogs. The female is 8 months old and our male is 11 months old and they are both the best family dogs. Beagles have a reputation of howling but my male never barks or really makes noise and the female will bark when we play but nothing bad at all. I had the female trained to sit, speak, lay down and roll over at 10 weeks old, they are super smart. They are also very loyal and chill with all people, kids and animals.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo sydeways next time I see him with the dog out I'll talk to him and snap a few pics. But when I asked him what the breeds are is a pug and mastiff that they just breeded over and over til it got smaller and looked more like a bull mastiff. He's 6mos at 15lbs.
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also have an american bulldog such a great dog...

-
 -
 -

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
boston terriers and french bulldogs are great choices also they have great personalities..i just cant remember what they said on dogs 101 about the bostons and kids, i dont think it was bad tho

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually rotweilers believe it or not are the best dog with kids it seems you dont want a bully bread dog because of the stigma or tag people put on the dogs but pitbulls, rots, dobermans, are all great dogs it all depends on the owner. I own a pitbull and he's better behaved and listens more than any lab or golden retriever its just on the owner but you can't go wrong with that bull dog bro anyways good luck on your search.

--------------------
03 Terminator

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I think a boston terrier fits the profile of what dog I want...but I hope i dont get it from her: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PGvSoaafXiI/SbF_D_i7uDI/AAAAAAAAFnw/4XQTOi_o-aM/s400/boston-terrier-crufts.jpg [Big Grin]

--------------------

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rookie07gt:
I have a 5lb yorkie. He's great with kids and is smart a$$ hell.

My neighbor on the other hand has a mini bull mastiff, sick!!! i asked him about it and who he got it from has been breeding a pug and mastiff for 4 years to finally get the dog to a certain look/size.

Mini bull mastiff???? Now that I want to see! Do you think you can get some details on the breeder? How big is his mini bull mastif?
I want to see this dog [Confused]

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
Greyhounds are great apartment dogs my girl and I are going to get a rescue one..... One of these days

Greyhounds are the best. I got 2.
Post a picture of your dog Scooby Doo.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -MITCH:

PM me some info!
i sent pm twice, but got that f'n error thing twice, most of the time it goes thru, lmk if you didnt get it...

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rookie07gt:
I have a 5lb yorkie. He's great with kids and is smart a$$ hell.

My neighbor on the other hand has a mini bull mastiff, sick!!! i asked him about it and who he got it from has been breeding a pug and mastiff for 4 years to finally get the dog to a certain look/size.

Mini bull mastiff???? Now that I want to see! Do you think you can get some details on the breeder? How big is his mini bull mastif?
I want to see this dog [Confused]
[worship] this dog is sick forill.. i hope i can get one.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com