Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car declared abandoned??? *UPDATED* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Car declared abandoned??? *UPDATED*
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So today is my birthday....woohoo [Roll Eyes] (iceman302 im still on the crackberry, ill get back to you [Razz] )
back to story:

I get home to see a neon green warning sticker plastered on my back window. I know who the bitch is that complained, but what i dont understand is why i was given this, and more so the code.

The sticker listed Hayward Munic. Code 4-1.20 which section 4 deals with PUBLIC NUISANCES, and 1.20 then goes into ABANDONED VEHICLE ABATEMENT: FINDINGS AND DECLARATIONS.
My car has been non optd and parked in my drive way for 2 years awaiting money for a new motor. Its washed once a month and moved side to side. How in my own drive way is my car declared a abandoned vehicle by a bitchy neighbor and more so the Officer actually stickers it??? [Confused]

[ July 17, 2009, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you cant leave your own car in your driveway to make progress and work on then thats complete bullshit..take that to court on something

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on a gay ass technicallity if your car is non op'd the cops can technically ticket if its not in an enclosed space...even in ur own driveway which is complete BS

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
found this def.

"SEC. 4-1.20 FINDINGS AND DECLARATIONS. In addition to and in accordance
with the determination made and the authority granted by the State of California under Section
22660 of the Vehicle Code to remove abandoned, wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicles or
parts thereof as public nuisances, the City Council hereby makes the following findings and
declarations.
The accumulation and storage of abandoned, wrecked, dismantled, or inoperative
vehicles or parts thereof on private or public property not including highways is hereby found to
create a condition tending to reduce the value of private property, to promote blight and
deterioration, to invite plundering, to create fire hazards, to constitute an attractive nuisance creating
a hazard to the health and safety of minors, to create a harborage for rodents and insects and to be
injurious to the health, safety and general welfare. Therefore, the presence of an abandoned,
wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicle or parts thereof, on private or public property not
including highways, except as expressly hereinafter permitted, is hereby declared to constitute a
public nuisance which may be abated as such in accordance with the provisions of these regulations."

my car is still upkept. How do i fit any of these reasons?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it doesnt matter if the car looks show quality. if they run the plates and they show up non op they assume that basically you fit all of those....just one more reason to hate california

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
plus they can state "if it cannot move under its own power then its dismantled etc etc" i went through when i lived in Los Gatos when I was rebuilding my pace car! [BS flag]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
found this def.

"SEC. 4-1.20 FINDINGS AND DECLARATIONS. In addition to and in accordance
with the determination made and the authority granted by the State of California under Section
22660 of the Vehicle Code to remove abandoned, wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicles or
parts thereof as public nuisances, the City Council hereby makes the following findings and
declarations.
The accumulation and storage of abandoned, wrecked, dismantled, or inoperative
vehicles or parts thereof on private or public property not including highways is hereby found to
create a condition tending to reduce the value of private property, to promote blight and
deterioration, to invite plundering, to create fire hazards, to constitute an attractive nuisance creating
a hazard to the health and safety of minors, to create a harborage for rodents and insects and to be
injurious to the health, safety and general welfare. Therefore, the presence of an abandoned,
wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicle or parts thereof, on private or public property not
including highways, except as expressly hereinafter permitted, is hereby declared to constitute a
public nuisance which may be abated as such in accordance with the provisions of these regulations."

my car is still upkept. How do i fit any of these reasons?

its also considered an "a public eye sore" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeawp we had a mercedes that was on non op and we moved it to our driveway and the cop came bacc and said were not allowed to leave it there, so we had to make room for it in our lil ass garage.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that's some BS!!!
Even your own driveway. I would send your neighbor the elephant shit from that website...

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually had a car towed out of my driveway for that very reason. So take it serious. What you can do is place it in the garage for a day or 2 and that kinda resets that. It is a pain in the ass. But as stated it has to be able to move on its own accord (aka have a engine). You got away with it for 2 years so be happy there.
DA PO PO FOO
¯
Member # 1910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DA PO PO FOO  Ford pictures for DA PO PO FOO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
So today is my birthday....woohoo [Roll Eyes] (iceman302 im still on the crackberry, ill get back to you [Razz] )
back to story:

I get home to see a neon green warning sticker plastered on my back window. I know who the bitch is that complained, but what i dont understand is why i was given this, and more so the code.

The sticker listed Hayward Munic. Code 4-1.20 which section 4 deals with PUBLIC NUISANCES, and 1.20 then goes into ABANDONED VEHICLE ABATEMENT: FINDINGS AND DECLARATIONS.
My car has been non optd and parked in my drive way for 2 years awaiting money for a new motor. Its washed once a month and moved side to side. How in my own drive way is my car declared a abandoned vehicle by a bitchy neighbor and more so the Officer actually stickers it??? [Confused]

send the neigbor a bag of poop. [Razz] [Whoo Whooooo!]
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drink a 5th of vodka and throw it at the neghbor house sreaming YOU BITCH! impo! [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Damn that's some BS!!!
Even your own driveway. I would send your neighbor the elephant shit from that website...

Poop Senders

Did you see this on this site? I posted it before. Or did you see it somewhere else? It's some funny ass shit, no pun intended hahaha [worship]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
reg it for a month or two then non opp it later the cops will find somethin better else to do i hate your circumstance that hella bull shit great california.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go tell your neighbors to go mind their own business because it's not like if your car is or should be bothering them. I mean as long as your not parking it in front of their house or in their driveway it shouldn't matter to them it would piss me off I would go over there and slap the taste out their mouth haha [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or ask them politely if u can park it in there driveway cause the police keep on bothering u. and just see how they act with a smile.
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is this California everyone is talking about? [Confused]

I've only heard of COMMIEfornia  -

Bottled- sorry about the BS you need to deal with. When our house was having the backyard redone we had a pile of dirt in the driveway for less than a week and someone from the city came by fast as fuck talking about move that pile of dirt or get fined... [Roll Eyes] I'm moving to Texas one day... [patriot]

What's not to like? No smog, balanced budget, castle doctrine.... [worship]

[ July 15, 2009, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I kept getting one for having my car parked out on the street in hayward for more then three days at a time so I would drive it around the block and park it three feet away from where it was at sure that pissed off who ever snitched hahahaha

You should try putting it under a tarp or like one of those tents fully covered cause technicly its covered the section says it must be in a covered area right?

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should get a junk yard motor for it and put some full length headers on it and start it up and drive it up and down the street every morning at 6am. then see how she feels about it just sitting peacefully in your driveway [Razz] [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
I think you should get a junk yard motor for it and put some full length headers on it and start it up and drive it up and down the street every morning at 6am. then see how she feels about it just sitting peacefully in your driveway [Razz] [patriot]

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!! Dude thats actually the best idea ive heard all week [patriot] [patriot] [burnout] [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
quote:

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!! Dude thats actually the best idea ive heard all week [patriot] [patriot] [burnout] [burnout] [Whoo Whooooo!]
+1
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangs R Us:
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
C
quote:

+1
That would be so fucking funny would love to see the look on her face WOW I love this [Whoo Whooooo!] [worship]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go here for all your bad neighbor needs!

http://www.poopsenders.com/

[ July 15, 2009, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every city is gonna start doing that soon they have special officers who drive around looking specifically for vehicles that dont move in driveways.They were going to tow my car and my dads truck when they were both registered. The officer said he didnt care if they were classics they had to go. So if you dont move it they'll take your shit and give you a fat ass fine. I thought they only did this in oakland but i guess its spreading.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They think it's a nuisance or inconvience now, just wait until you have it going again! LOL. Sorry you are having problems over there though man. If you need any help just let me know! Sean

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com