Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got a ticket from CHP...guess how much fellas (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Got a ticket from CHP...guess how much fellas
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so maybe you should be happy instead, he cut you some slack [/QB][/QUOTE]
LMAO. So let's all go get our Toyota Prius's and have fun with those so we don't have to worry about this any more. Obey the law or pay up the azz,huh interesting concept. Do you know in some states, oral sex and/or blowjobs are illegal. What do you think people do behind closed doors in those states? And your 10k fines will be 20k in this day an age. If your not rich like you say, I think you might be a little more pissed

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a carpool lane ticket first offense $426.00 WTF? [Mad] Dam metered onramps are gay.... causes more traffic than if we didnt have em

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Do you know in some states, oral sex and/or blowjobs are illegal. What do you think people do behind closed doors in those states? And your 10k fines will be 20k in this day an age. If your not rich like you say, I think you might be a little more pissed
Ohhhh shit, that explains it! I think my wife is from one of those states.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:
Do you know in some states, oral sex and/or blowjobs are illegal. What do you think people do behind closed doors in those states? And your 10k fines will be 20k in this day an age. If your not rich like you say, I think you might be a little more pissed
Ohhhh shit, that explains it! I think my wife is from one of those states.
LMAO [Big Grin] but seriously $425.00 for carpools now. WOW [Eek!]

--------------------

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just ask for comunity service for a non profit organization and then have one your friends sign it off.. did for all my seat belt tickets and sppeding tickets.. paid the $35 comunity service fee and had to pay for traffic school..
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a fine is a tax for doing bad.... a tax is a fine for doing well.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:
Speeding *illegal*, no front plate *illegal*, tinted front windows *illegal*, if you brake the law be prepared to pay the consequences (fines). CHP did his job IMHO

wow somebodies on CHPs NUT-SAC ha???

now lets get it right, front plate is a fix it ticket, tinted window is a fix it ticket, so this poor kid just got pulled over by the wrong cop (the cop probably didn't get laid that morning by his wife or the local hooker so he was MAD and took it out on him) [Big Grin]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Regardless of the ticket, if you have the time, take it to court and plead guilty / no contest. The judge will almost always cuts off 25%-%50 of the fine amount from what I have seen.

On another note, I just did a 12 hour ride-along with the CHP 2 weeks ago. For almost the full 12 hours we were looking for cars with tint, tailgating, speeders, no seat belts, and no front license plates. They give out these tickets because they are looking out for the safety of you and the safety of others. In particular, the CHP give out tint tickets because they are looking out for themselves. When they approach a car with tints on the side windows, they don't know what the hell is going on in the car, and that is unsafe.

Some info you can use: The only time a ticket goes to the state department is when it is related to car registration. If a CHP gives you a tint ticket, speeding, and no front plate in Oakland...the fines go to the City of Oakland. If he gives them to you in Fremont...they go to the City of Fremont, etc. So don't think the state is getting all the benefits from you breaking the law.

He was doing his job. I'm sure you didn't speak up to let him know you had modified exhaust. [Wink]

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just looked over the breakdown of charges and noticed they didn't charge you for lube..... I guess they plan to enter your anal cavity dry..... [Big Grin] I'd ask the judge for a kiss before fucking you though.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:
Speeding *illegal*, no front plate *illegal*, tinted front windows *illegal*, if you brake the law be prepared to pay the consequences (fines). CHP did his job IMHO

wow somebodies on CHPs NUT-SAC ha???

now lets get it right, front plate is a fix it ticket, tinted window is a fix it ticket, so this poor kid just got pulled over by the wrong cop (the cop probably didn't get laid that morning by his wife or the local hooker so he was MAD and took it out on him) [Big Grin]

Ain't nobody in no fucking nuts, you want to talk shit do it my face why be a fucking homo and do it behind a keyboard.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I just looked over the breakdown of charges and noticed they didn't charge you for lube..... I guess they plan to enter your anal cavity dry..... [Big Grin] I'd ask the judge for a kiss before fucking you though.

LMAO...and the poor guy with the 426.00 carpool ticket.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
Regardless of the ticket, if you have the time, take it to court and plead guilty / no contest. The judge will almost always cuts off 25%-%50 of the fine amount from what I have seen.

On another note, I just did a 12 hour ride-along with the CHP 2 weeks ago. For almost the full 12 hours we were looking for cars with tint, tailgating, speeders, no seat belts, and no front license plates. They give out these tickets because they are looking out for the safety of you and the safety of others. In particular, the CHP give out tint tickets because they are looking out for themselves. When they approach a car with tints on the side windows, they don't know what the hell is going on in the car, and that is unsafe.

Some info you can use: The only time a ticket goes to the state department is when it is related to car registration. If a CHP gives you a tint ticket, speeding, and no front plate in Oakland...the fines go to the City of Oakland. If he gives them to you in Fremont...they go to the City of Fremont, etc. So don't think the state is getting all the benefits from you breaking the law.

He was doing his job. I'm sure you didn't speak up to let him know you had modified exhaust. [Wink]

It all sounds real good and thanks for the post. If they really cared for our safety and we all did the right thing and didn't speed etc etc, what would happen to the dept.? They'd be outta business. Do they really care if we buckle our belts? Really? Does the government really care about you? Really? No, your just a number. I was actually going to be a CHP in 1997 and know a lot about it. Went through the testing process and everything and fortunately I didn't become one. I went on to start a business and found out your just a robot. Like I said before, I tinted the windows in back dark and the sides light so I wouldn't have to go through this exact thing and be ticketed for it. I only tinted them for UV protection from the sun like I did all my construction trucks and all the other cars I own. How is the front plate gonna make us safer? So scratch that one too. The only thing I did wrong was speed up to pass the car and got caught and the fines are now outta hand is my complaint. Yes the money goes to all different counties and such but that makes up the state, doesn't it? Now look at all the new charges. DNA fees, a sur charge of all things and the new amounts for everything else. Seems theres only a handful of people who get what I'm saying so I'm almost done with this but there have been a lot of different points and some very useful which I'm going to look into as other people should too. Like I said before, if all of us really obeyed the law and didn't, tailgate, tint, drink+drive, etc etc etc they would be outta busines. Yes the CHP is a business like Safeway and Burger King. So I ask you all again, do they really care about your safety because then they don't work? Hmmmmm, probably not!

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be prepared, tolls are going to be $5 by Jan 2010. Also carpools on the bridge will be $2 [Frown]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they dont give a shit about us..they could care less IMO..cops that right out tickets like theres no tomorrow are assholes that are power hungry..dont give me that bullshit,"there just doing there job"..yea and there job is to meet their quota..pulling people over for no front plate isnt saving a life,pulling someone over for their tints isnt saving a life..hell your more than likely going to get rearended driving the speed limit on CA highways than doin 80mph..and the cellphone laws only matters to the public..police officers are always on their cellphones regardless..and like 9cobra7 said we are just a number..fucks the police that harass and are power hungry, respect the police that really are lookin out for people and are kind and generous..anyone else feel the way i do? or am i just a sole individual that is out his mind? [Confused]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
they dont give a shit about us..they could care less IMO..cops that right out tickets like theres no tomorrow are assholes that are power hungry..dont give me that bullshit,"there just doing there job"..yea and there job is to meet their quota..pulling people over for no front plate isnt saving a life,pulling someone over for their tints isnt saving a life..hell your more than likely going to get rearended driving the speed limit on CA highways than doin 80mph..and the cellphone laws only matters to the public..police officers are always on their cellphones regardless..and like 9cobra7 said we are just a number..fucks the police that harass and are power hungry, respect the police that really are lookin out for people and are kind and generous..anyone else feel the way i do? or am i just a sole individual that is out his mind? [Confused]

That's a MORONIC statement!

This country without police would be just like Iraq.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are so worried about cancer you should jsut buy sun screen for you rleft arm. For the amount you spent on tint, which you can not afford obviously you could have jsut as easily bought a ten year supply of sun screen. But I digress, I beileve murder charges are way to stringent, 1st degree murder is a life sentence, what bullshit... Should really be only a 30 day comunity service stint. I guarentee if that was the case Jefferey Dommer would have stopped eating people after his first offence...

Lame thread.

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
Lame thread.

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a speeding ticket in february for doing 70 in a 55. And when I went to the court house I told them I couldn't pay for it cuz im a full time student. It was $238 I think. And they gave me a court date for september and said as long as you plea guilty to the fine then ill probably get community service or a reduced fine. I thought the cop was a asshole at 1st because there was a speed trap where I was at. There was 4 other cars pulled over behind me. But the guy was real coo and didn't even ask me for registration or insurance, although ididnt have either in the car with me. Just gave me my speeding ticket and sent me on my crapped out way.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
If you are so worried about cancer you should jsut buy sun screen for you rleft arm. For the amount you spent on tint, which you can not afford obviously you could have jsut as easily bought a ten year supply of sun screen. But I digress, I beileve murder charges are way to stringent, 1st degree murder is a life sentence, what bullshit... Should really be only a 30 day comunity service stint. I guarentee if that was the case Jefferey Dommer would have stopped eating people after his first offence...

Lame thread.

LOL....what the.....who said I can't afford tint "obviously". Man you are just totally asleep at the switch here about this topic and once again , not to many people can keep up here. Now your being stupid with this Jeffrey Dommer shit. You know how much money I have spent on tint. I could care less how many times they make me peel it off and put it on again if that's what they want me to do. Money is not an issue with that. So you certainly won't mind paying the new taxes for bridges, gas which will go through the roof again....guaranteed, alcohol, speeding (of course) and every other thing. You sir, are exactly what the government wants, to happily pay new taxes with out questions. You may just look back at this in 30-40 years and wonder why you don't have any money like all your friends any family. Stay asleep my friend.

--------------------

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Lame thread.

LOL....what the.....who said I can't afford tint "obviously". Man you are just totally asleep at the switch here about this topic and once again , not to many people can keep up here. Now your being stupid with this Jeffrey Dommer shit. You know how much money I have spent on tint. I could care less how many times they make me peel it off and put it on again if that's what they want me to do. Money is not an issue with that. So you certainly won't mind paying the new taxes for bridges, gas which will go through the roof again....guaranteed, alcohol, speeding (of course) and every other thing. You sir, are exactly what the government wants, to happily pay new taxes with out questions. You may just look back at this in 30-40 years and wonder why you don't have any money like all your friends any family. Stay asleep my friend.
I agree with you on taxes but not toll for bridges. Luckily I have worked hard enough my entire life that a buck or two added to the cost of crossing a bridge that saves me hours commuting wont affect me. How about you drive around the bay instead of using a government supplied roadway that makes your life easier? That would be the easiest way for you to save that extra 5 bucks a day. Driving is a privilege not a right so feel free to take the bus or public transportation.

A. You knowingly broke the law and are now upset that you have to pay the corresponding fine.

B. Simply enough if you were not breaking the law this post would have never surfaced and you would not be out the 250-500 (hopefully you go to court and the judge lessons the fine) that you are complaining about.

C. Obviously looking cool with no front plate and tint far outweighs the fines associated with corresponding laws you broke so stop complaining.

D. You could always move to another country that has no local police department and or a standing government and do whatever hell you like. You wouldn’t have to pay taxes, you wouldn’t have people bother you about your car, you wouldn’t have paved rodes to drive on, you wouldn’t have bridges to drive, sounds great. Regretfully your civil liberties you are accustomed to in America would probably be violated resulting in the theft of your car or the lack of ability to even by gasoline.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Did you vote on the most recent measures? If you did vote which props did you vote for and against. If you did neither then STF up about me not being awake.

Have a nice day, and the judge will lesson your fine if you go in and plead no contest guilty.

Or use ticket assassins to try and get out scott free.

Eric

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sport the fish bowl look, both plates, and the quietest muffler around with cats. Does not look as good or sound as good but it's better than dealing with tickets.
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
I sport the fish bowl look, both plates, and the quietest muffler around with cats. Does not look as good or sound as good but it's better than dealing with tickets.

AMEN [patriot]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

AMEN [patriot]
I actually avoided driving my cobra until I got the license plate bracket I needed to rock my front plates. Also my windows remain un-tinted. I just do not want to deal with the hassles of rolling illegal unless I have to. I suggest people that complain about fines you knew you ran the risk of catching, just grow up. I can see if you did not know the law or something. But sounds like you knew the law.
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

AMEN [patriot]
I actually avoided driving my cobra until I got the license plate bracket I needed to rock my front plates. Also my windows remain un-tinted. I just do not want to deal with the hassles of rolling illegal unless I have to. I suggest people that complain about fines you knew you ran the risk of catching, just grow up. I can see if you did not know the law or something. But sounds like you knew the law.
N8,

Maybe we are just getting older but non of my cars have tint anymore and they all rock the front plate. Hate getting hasseled so why give teh PD a reason to.

[Smile]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

LMAO. My god, you still don't get it do you. You just can't keep with what I'm saying. STOP. READ and REREAD what this is about. Your emotions are getting the best of you. And before you post to this comment REREAD again because I'm not going through this again.
1. I'm not upset about a the "old" fines and have no problem paying them. I have the issue about extortion type fines which is what this is.
2.The new fees for the bridge is just an example. They didn't double the bridge like they've done here in this ticket case. One lousy dollar is totally acceptable and sorry I used that as an example because you missed the point. I cross them all the time with heavy equipment and i won't mention how much that costs me ok.
3. Who's talking about "looking cool" with tint. You are. I got it on all for my protection and my workers. We get sun all the time in construction and use plenty of sunscreen and honestly get tires of smelling like coconut on my off days.
4. I got front plates on everything but my hot rods and are you gonna argue that you want one on your stang and it will make us safer. C'mon, but I'll except the consiquences for that with a 10 fixit ticket, not a $108.00 ticket.
5. Do you really know what your voting for when you vote? The masses aren't very smart, just watch by the way people drive will tell you everything, there like ants just following the rest. So what ever the politicians want to pass they WILL make it pass, it just takes time. Remember that. The lawyers word things so craftily that most people think there voting for what they want which is usually the opposite. If you've never noticed that then you've never really voted. Most people aren't educated which is the masses so we wonder why stupid props pass. Ignorance plain and simple.
6. Now with your attitude, I don't ever want you to complain about any type of fee hikes or things you think cost to much because in your way there is a really good reason for it and just STF up and pay.
7. I am speaking up for the masses, the average hard working American who make up this country. The people who this type of rip off really hurts. I'm imagining if I worked at Sears or Lucky. It would take a whole week to earn that kind of money and the ticket is so vague. It basically just says pay it and not about any options at all. This is what they count on so you just pay and don't argue.
8. Thanks and I will have a nice day which it has bee so far.
9. And I also appreciate your opinions and got a lot of use from those Brembos you sold me a couple years ago when you went to Reno and I left the money in your mailbox. [burnout]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com