Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » OAKLAND PT2 OPIONS? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OAKLAND PT2 OPIONS?
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANYWAYS SO I GET UP AT 530 THIS MORNING AND IM WATCH THE NEWS. THEY SHOULD PEOPLE IN OAKLAND PROTESTING THE JUSTICE FOR LOVELL MIXION ( THE OBE WHO SHOT THE COPS) THE MARCHED THREW EAST OAKLAND WANTING JUSTICE TO BE DONE? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha typein little fast. the showed people in oakland marching and protesting justice for this guy? what justice is to be done agianst oakland police. [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Platinum Detail
¯
Member # 8026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Platinum Detail  Ford pictures for Platinum Detail  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from a diff point of view this case was bad but cops have killed inocent people before or killed people that did not deserve it. they are just tired of it and feel they need to stand up for what they nelive in. probly the wrong time but....
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
possible if you keep the spotlight on Oakland, OPD won't seek revenge.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fucking idiots.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wtf is wrong with those people dude got what he Deserved

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They want justice for a rapist cop killer?
These people are a joke

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how many of them would end up in jail if the police searched them and ran a background check.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:

maybe it's the good people of oakland time, to seek revenage on people that rape 12 year old girls.. just a thought.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

maybe it's the good people of oakland time, to seek revenage on people that rape 12 year old girls.. just a thought.
yep the good people of Oakland need to ban together and work with OPD to get these criminals off the streets and keep them I'm jail.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did anyone catch why mixons sister or cousin was arested ?

Please tell me she's not the one who called the cops

--------------------

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

SHE GOT A DRUG CHARGE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag]

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

NightmareB4Xmas_68
¯
Member # 6371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightmareB4Xmas_68  Ford pictures for NightmareB4Xmas_68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i too agree he got wat he deserved but only HE knows is own stupid reasoning 4 doin it. but like wat 306coupe is sayin could possibly be right i been in oakland all my life and done seen and been around alot of shit not proud of it but ppl make mistakes and i STAY gettin pulled over in my stang and now every time a cop gets killed they be a holes for at least a month. They cover there badges and really harass ppl they pull over. Trust me i've been thru it more than my share. Now this recent incident to be honest wit u i am a lil nervous to get stopped right now. So maybe keepin the spotlight on them may jus help

--------------------
One day it'll get finished

Posts: 827 | From: OAKLAND,CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:
quote:

yep the good people of Oakland need to ban together and work with OPD to get these criminals off the streets and keep them I'm jail.
Community doesn't trust the police, including myself. There are a long list of reason I don't trust them and a big reason for that is they don't live in Oakland so they don't really care much about the city. Do you think a person chooses to be an Oakland police officer to make a difference? Or could it be that on an average they are paid over 100k and starting salary is 77k?

I feel the police needs to come around and walk the beat to show the community they care and that they are there for them. In alot of the others cities you actually see the police talking to the residences

[ March 26, 2009, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by NOTCHED UP ^___^:
quote:

i too agree he got wat he deserved but only HE knows is own stupid reasoning 4 doin it. but like wat 306coupe is sayin could possibly be right i been in oakland all my life and done seen and been around alot of shit not proud of it but ppl make mistakes and i STAY gettin pulled over in my stang and now every time a cop gets killed they be a holes for at least a month. They cover there badges and really harass ppl they pull over. Trust me i've been thru it more than my share. Now this recent incident to be honest wit u i am a lil nervous to get stopped right now. So maybe keepin the spotlight on them may jus help
So if its gets that bad in Oakland, why not move to somewhere where there is less of this? Better to raise a family in an envirmoment where this does not happen, so that hatred of the police is not bred into the next generation.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Community doesn't trust the police, including myself. There are a long list of reason I don't trust them and a big reason for that is they don't live in Oakland so they don't really care much about the city. Do you think a person chooses to be an Oakland police officer to make a difference? Or could it be that on an average they are paid over 100k and starting salary is 77k?

I feel the police needs to come around and walk the beat to show the community they care and that they are there for them. In alot of the others cities you actually see the police talking to the residences

u don't live in oakland either. so why do u care? i would be more worried about Benicia police than opd for u.
NightmareB4Xmas_68
¯
Member # 6371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightmareB4Xmas_68  Ford pictures for NightmareB4Xmas_68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1 its not my city that that i get harrassed but it is 90% of the time. like wen i be in brentwood ive seen officers out walkin arounf on bikes etc. hell i even got stppped and we talked about cars fpr at least 30 mins. popped the hood everything. so to me that jus shows not all cops are out to get u jus CERTAIN ones dont giv a shit about the so called city they protect and serve

--------------------
One day it'll get finished

Posts: 827 | From: OAKLAND,CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by NOTCHED UP ^___^:
quote:

So if its gets that bad in Oakland, why not move to somewhere where there is less of this? Better to raise a family in an envirmoment where this does not happen, so that hatred of the police is not bred into the next generation.

Mike

[patriot]

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

u don't live in oakland either. so why do u care? i would be more worried about Benicia police than opd for u.
Just because I don't live there anymore doesn't mean I shouldn't care about the city I've grown up in. And yes I've been harassed by Benicia police when I drove my mustang or caprice, I've never been pulled over in my 05 Camry

I thought this was a post about solutions? At least that's what I orginally read [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

306 coupe

wow so your telling me the only reason my brother became an Oakland officer is so he could make good money? That kind of remark is a slap in the face to every cop that goes to work to make the streets a safer place... I had said in an previous post that some cops can be dicks(think on page 3) I went on to say if you had to deal with people like this it would change the way you feel.

I personally never got the chance to meet these men but I have heard good stories about them...they were all "good" cops to my knowlege.

not all people become cops for the money... Or the power... It may suprise you but some do it because they war to make a
Difference and stand up for what's right and punish those who seek to harm people... I know my brother is one of them..that's all I can say now cause I'm about to break down again. [Whoo Whooooo!] [Frown]

[ March 26, 2009, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: slowback67 ]

--------------------

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
306 coupe

wow so your telling me the only reason my brother became an Oakland officer is so he could make good money? That kind of remark is a slap in the face to every cop that goes to work to make the streets a safer place... I had said in an previous post that some cops can be dicks(think on page 3) I went on to say if you had to deal with people like this it would change the way you feel.

I personally never got the chance to meet these men but I have heard good stories about them...they were all "good" cops to my knowlege.

not all people become cops for the money... Or the power... It may suprise you but some do it because they war to make a
Difference and stand up for what's right and punish those who seek to harm people... I know my brother is one of them..that's all I can say now cause I'm about to break down again. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Sorry but through my experiences with the Oakland PD, I've came across a handful of decent police. Of course I am only speaking for myself and I haven't dealt with ever OPD. The idea of making the streets a better place cannot be done by one police office, it has to do with the policies in place and manner in which they are enforced. Most of the people on this forum feelings towards the people who live in Oalkand are forged from what you see on T.V. or the few people you have dealt with. The same would go for the residence in oakland and their feelings towards the OPD.

I do believe there are some cops who become police officers to better the community but they are very limited to what they , themselves can accomplish.

My suggestion to making oakland a safer place still stands to have police officers assigned to certain areas and have them interact more

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do not live there as well anymore. But Oakland was a second home for me. And I was heavily involved in donating my time to the youths at one point. It is a real troubled city on a whole scale. There is racial divide, economic divide, civil divide, and a justice divide. It is a mess. Most officers do not relate to the residents and most resident do not trust the officers. That is a serious divide, which leads to senseless protests, frivolous law suits, wrongful deaths, harrasment....you name it Oakland has it going on.

In New Orleans they had officers taking up residence in the community they patrolled. But all that made them do is become the heavy weights in the dope game in that given area. It really has to come from the top on down to the police to have that trust and security restored.

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say fuck it. The people of Oakland don't want the police, fine, they should pull out because their lives aren't worth it. Build a wall around that dump and show it on TV like the game show it will become. If the people want to step up and fix it themselves they will, or it will become a smoldering heap within a year. Either way, problem solved.

The hypocrisy in Oakland is amazing. Cop shoots a kind and the people blame the cops. Kid shoots 4 cops and people blame the cops.....? WTF

I was at the East Sub Station a few weeks ago and was amazed at the absolute lawlessness of the people; zero respect for everyone and everything including themselves. I'm actually amazed at what the citizens put up with down there.

Why would you want to live there? Why would you want to live like that? Why does OPD put up with it when they know they can't win? These are serious questions that I can't begin to fathom the answers too.

RIP to four fallen officers. Remember, don't put yourself in bad situations and bad things won't happen to you.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

InkedWhiteboy
¯
Member # 8724

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for InkedWhiteboy  Ford pictures for InkedWhiteboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottom line to end this dispute between you fellas is that there are good officers and bad officers, just like there are good citizens and bad citizens. Imagine the world we live in without any type of piece officer in it. We would live in chaos and disaster. Trust me I am a tatted up whiteboy and I get my fair share of harrasment as well I have been cuffed and held at gunpoint while they search my ride and say it was just a big misunderstanding. It is B.S. but in the end the first person to always be there if we are in and auto accident in a Police officer, they are always the ones that put there ass on the line reguardless of the situation. Bottom line I am thankful for the good ones and the bad ones have Karma in there future. God bless the families of the fallen officers from this week, and we may never know the true details but to protest one persons death to the four lives that were lost to his seems a bit hypocritical to me.. [Confused]
Posts: 160 | From: MTZ Concord | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com