Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » OBAMA VS MCCAIN (Page 1)

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: OBAMA VS MCCAIN
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DEBATE AT 6PM

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
lambonotch
¯
Member # 5758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambonotch  Ford pictures for lambonotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
McCain09.................and yes he won the debate!
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overall a decent debate. I don't think mccain capitalized on obama's controversial and radical associations and cronies as much as he should have. If obama is elected my biggest fear is who his appointees will be.

[ October 08, 2008, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
McCain did pretty well actually. I still am not diggin his stance on Alternative Energy, education and the war. I don't think either however did anything earth shaking to sway anyone who is on the fence.

I really hate how McCain talks tho. He whistles at the end of sentences. I actually listened to it rather than watch. And it made things a lot more interesting.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Mccain did alot better in this debate than the last one. I think it was pretty even personally but maybe give a slight edge to Obama.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't cover enough for me to decide yet. I do like MC's tax plan better than Obama's. And I like his health plan better. Why tax the rich to pay for everyones downfalls? That isn't fair. Why punish those that make $250k a year or more? We are all in this shit hole mess so we should all be putting fourth taxes if that is the case. And with healthcare....I agree with MC that it is a responsibility. Do you know how many programs are out there for people to obtain healthcare? Did you know that it is just about impossible for a child not to have healthcare with what is out there for low income families. There are ways to get covered so I feel it is a responsibility to go out and obtain it BECAUSE everyone has the right to healthcare.

I think Obama says what he thinks you want to hear but I'm afraid of what he will fail to do in office more than what he will do in office the same way I fear what MC might do in office as much as what he will fail to do. Does that make sence? [patriot]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far everything I read is reporting McCain basically lost the debate because he didn't uproot or shake Obama or his ideals. I figured this one was a draw. I just wish they would both really answer the questions. Sometimes they dance around it. I didn't like Obama's response to the use of force when national security is not at stake. McCain nailed that one.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
So far everything I read is reporting McCain basically lost the debate because he didn't uproot or shake Obama or his ideals. I figured this one was a draw. I just wish they would both really answer the questions. Sometimes they dance around it. I didn't like Obama's response to the use of force when national security is not at stake. McCain nailed that one.

I agree that MC didn't shake up Obama too, but I don't think he is easily shaken during these types of debates (town hall). My wife agree's with you Nate on Obama's national security response. I missed that part as kids were throwing crayons at each other last night, but I kind of fear what Obama would not do if we were yet again attacked by terrorist groups in the US. Do you really think he has the backbone to fight for the US or just try and talk his way out of shit until his term is up. I also dont' want MC to be a war happy fuck like Bush is. I'm still in the air on who to go with [Confused]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I agree that MC didn't shake up Obama too, but I don't think he is easily shaken during these types of debates (town hall). My wife agree's with you Nate on Obama's national security response. I missed that part as kids were throwing crayons at each other last night, but I kind of fear what Obama would not do if we were yet again attacked by terrorist groups in the US. Do you really think he has the backbone to fight for the US or just try and talk his way out of shit until his term is up. I also dont' want MC to be a war happy fuck like Bush is. I'm still in the air on who to go with [Confused]
I think he can, because if you check out his stance. It is not so much the war itself. But how it got diluted and mis-directed. MC, just seems to a chip off of Bush's old block. I think if somehow MC can shake the link to Bush he may fair better. I think he will be too quick to George Bush that button. But I do see where you are coming from on Obama trying to talk us out of stuff. But you have to admit, he is a very good speaker. Which is another reason I like him. He is very authoritative and articulate and a very good listener. Although I am for the most part still going Obama to this moment. I am still holding out for MC to say something that can move me.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what i call a true debate, the last debate McCain looked like an idiot.

This one, McCain took stance, although i'm still not convince with McCains "resolutions", his speeches are more of robobtic and it reflects back to Bush's speech with all the same old ideas with the old century. The whole speech with "creating jobs! Fixing our economy! Restore America" sounds like [BS flag]

But i do give him props, he did throw out some facts on "the problems in America today is that people of America don't have trust and confidence in our instiution because of the corruption in the Wallstreets and the greed at the Washington DC" [Eek!]

Obama's speeches were more of direct resolution and fixing the problems today and i liked his "here's what i would do and this is my plan" and he responded with those plans for almost every question asked.

I also didnt agree with McCain on War On Terrorism, his plans with this war is "working with the Iraqi people gaining their trust and then throwing the terrorists over". What McCain fails to understand is that we have no reason to be in Iraq in the first place, we were after Bin Laden as of 2001, all of a sudden we decided to cut over to Iraq because we thougnt Bin Laden is there and that Iraq has WMDs and yet we are failing to accomplish our original strategy to get Bin Laden.

He mentions "Walk and talk softly BUT carry a big stick" which again, i disagree, how are you going to walk and talk softly when you are already focusing on Iran and North Korea? I can only imagine what will happen to America if he takes chair and takes on Iran. What will happen to Afghanistan? Iraq? Are we just going to dump Iraq just like how we did Afghanistan and move over to another country when we didnt even finish Afganistan?

Obama all the way [patriot]

[ October 08, 2008, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I think he can, because if you check out his stance. It is not so much the war itself. But how it got diluted and mis-directed. MC, just seems to a chip off of Bush's old block. I think if somehow MC can shake the link to Bush he may fair better. I think he will be too quick to George Bush that button. But I do see where you are coming from on Obama trying to talk us out of stuff. But you have to admit, he is a very good speaker. Which is another reason I like him. He is very authoritative and articulate and a very good listener. Although I am for the most part still going Obama to this moment. I am still holding out for MC to say something that can move me.
I don't think Mccain is a "loose canon" when it comes to sending our troops out like bush has been. He knows firsthand the brutalities of war. I don't think he would send out our troops unless it was absolutely necessary.

and frankly, i dont think obama has the balls to even send out troops
[Razz]

i can't imagine what would happen if he were president during another serious terrorist attack

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
This one, McCain took stance, although i'm still not convince with McCains "resolutions", his speeches are more of robobtic and it reflects back to Bush's speech with all the same old ideas with the old century. The whole speech with "creating jobs! Fixing our economy! Restore America" sounds like [BS flag]
And you think obama's tax hike for the millions of small businesses around the country will help create jobs??? i dont think so. best way to create jobs is to cut taxes across the board, not raise them as obama is planning on doing.

quote:
He mentions "Walk and talk softly BUT carry a big stick" which again, i disagree, how are you going to walk and talk softly when you are already focusing on Iran and North Korea? I can only imagine what will happen to America if he takes chair and takes on Iran. What will happen to Afghanistan? Iraq? Are we just going to dump Iraq just like how we did Afghanistan and move over to another country when we didnt even finish Afganistan?
I believe it is Obama who wants to just "dump" iraq and move back into Afghanistan. I do agree we need to finish afghanistan but we also need to finish what we started in iraq. and the next president, who ever gets elected will HAVE to deal with Iran. it's inevitable. north korea and possibly russia will also have to be delt with.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:
And you think obama's tax hike for the millions of small businesses around the country will help create jobs??? i dont think so. best way to create jobs is to cut taxes across the board, not raise them as obama is planning on doing.

quote:
I believe it is Obama who wants to just "dump" iraq and move back into Afghanistan. I do agree we need to finish afghanistan but we also need to finish what we started in iraq. and the next president, who ever gets elected will HAVE to deal with Iran. it's inevitable. north korea and possibly russia will also have to be delt with.

I agree on you on the taxes but he is planning to raise it on the 250K+ folks. I know it will affect even the poor ones but taxes to me was always a SCAM, we shouldnt be paying taxes in the first place (yes, it supports the prisons, health care, national defense, services for low income folks) yet billions of OUR money on the war. Should we pay taxes? YET no president did anything for us for Taxes (correct me if im wrong) Thats just what i think on the taxes side.

As for the War on Terrorism, i believe we should finish what we started, we started Afghanistan, we shouldve finished it before moving on.

Its started in Iraq now, but what can we do? Support our troops at best but families are in pain of hundreds of troops that have died and they are fighting for something thats not even relevant to what the war was about.

I doubt Obama will just dump Iraq and move back, he has to finish what we started, but if you look back, ever since 2003, we havent finished ANYTHING, (Iraqis living freely? Aghanis living in freedom? NOPE) just saddam gone and maybe killed Taliban leaders but they are still out there and even stronger in Afghanistan. If we dont finish Iraq and come home, we're gonna leave Iraq on standby just like Afghanistan and we will have 10 more Saddams and then it will be a definet danger to everyone in the world.

Overall, we can only go by their words, which in the back of my mind, i believe little may change of whoever takes seat, all these debates/speeches are more of sales speeches just to gain everyones trust so they can take chair.

Just my .02

[ October 08, 2008, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alstock i know you didnt write that... you didnt write mclame or talk about someones mom. dont try to fool us.
Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
alstock i know you didnt write that... you didnt write mclame or talk about someones mom. dont try to fool us.

Come on man, let's keep it civil. Nothing wrong with keeping it cool. And just basically talking about it, without it becoming a whole song and dance.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:

LMAO - I actually gave McCain props for that debate.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I agree on you on the taxes but he is planning to raise it on the 250K+ folks. I know it will affect even the poor ones but taxes to me was always a SCAM, we shouldnt be paying taxes in the first place (yes, it supports the prisons, health care, national defense, services for low income folks) yet billions of OUR money on the war. Should we pay taxes? YET no president did anything for us for Taxes (correct me if im wrong) Thats just what i think on the taxes side.

As for the War on Terrorism, i believe we should finish what we started, we started Afghanistan, we shouldve finished it before moving on.

Its started in Iraq now, but what can we do? Support our troops at best but families are in pain of hundreds of troops that have died and they are fighting for something thats not even relevant to what the war was about.

I doubt Obama will just dump Iraq and move back, he has to finish what we started, but if you look back, ever since 2003, we havent finished ANYTHING, (Iraqis living freely? Aghanis living in freedom? NOPE) just saddam gone and maybe killed Taliban leaders but they are still out there and even stronger in Afghanistan. If we dont finish Iraq and come home, we're gonna leave Iraq on standby just like Afghanistan and we will have 10 more Saddams and then it will be a definet danger to everyone in the world.

Overall, we can only go by their words, which in the back of my mind, i believe little may change of whoever takes seat, all these debates/speeches are more of sales speeches just to gain everyones trust so they can take chair.

Just my .02

Sounds like you should be supporting alan keyes by the way you speak about taxes, he wants to abolish the income tax all together! I agree with a lot of what he says but he'd never get elected.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Alan_Keyes_Tax_Reform.htm

It was obama's plan to get out of iraq within the next 16 months. he even said it himself in the first debate! he said that all our troops must be out of there no matter what! I call that "dumping iraq and moving on" and it's not the right way to go about it.

I agree with you that Bush has not done a good job at allocating our troops in the right places and we should have continued to focus on afghanistan instead of moving into iraq. but whats done is done, the next president is going to have to clean up the mess. I think there is nobody more qualified militarily than mccain. what has obama ever done involving our military?

And finally, you know the saying "you can tell a lot about a person by the friends they keep" well from the looks of obamas friends, including two radical preachers, the former CEO of fannie mae (who is one of his ECONOMIC ADVISORS!) AND a unrepentant terrorist (William ayers), i don't think he should be anywhere near the white house.

[ October 08, 2008, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is no fun... Im never gonna get my point across without name calling. Well anyhow you guys keep on campaigning. Ive have been put on restriction because I got the kitchen to hot for some of the cooks. [patriot]

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Just my .02

Sounds like you should be supporting alan keyes by the way you speak about taxes, he wants to abolish the income tax all together! I agree with a lot of what he says but he'd never get elected.

It was obama's plan to get out of iraq within the next 16 months. he even said it himself in the first debate! he said that all our troops must be out of there no matter what! I call that "dumping iraq and moving on" and it's not the right way to go about it.

I agree with you that Bush has not done a good job at allocating our troops in the right places and we should have continued to focus on afghanistan instead of moving into iraq. but whats done is done, the next president is going to have to clean up the mess. I think there is nobody more qualified militarily than mccain. what has obama ever done involving our military?

And finally, you know the saying "you can tell a lot about a person by the friends they keep" well from the looks of obamas friends, including two radical preachers, the former CEO of fannie mae (who is one of his ECONOMIC ADVISORS!) AND a unrepentant terrorist (William ayers), i don't think he should be anywhere near the white house.

Understandable,

I just don't think we need another ex-war veteren or ex military (National Guard) mentality in the White House that will be focused more on War then anything.

I believe Obama may change a few things around, i say this because of our current presidency, hence Hurrican Katrina, slow responses of Bush or administration to aid the victims. Hence our current economy, it went downhill due to most attention on the War.

I said we bring in someone who has a little more of hands on with our current lifestyle, someone who lived on the streets to understand poverty and who actually worked with people all over and helped them with jobs and better lifestyle.

I can go on, but i just dont think we should be all about the war in the next 4 more years to come, i have a feeling with McCain, this will continue and we will be at more major wars while our country goes into Great Depression II.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Just my .02

Understandable,

I just don't think we need another ex-war veteren or ex military (National Guard) mentality in the White House that will be focused more on War then anything.

I believe Obama may change a few things around, i say this because of our current presidency, hence Hurrican Katrina, slow responses of Bush or administration to aid the victims. Hence our current economy, it went downhill due to most attention on the War.

I said we bring in someone who has a little more of hands on with our current lifestyle, someone who lived on the streets to understand poverty and who actually worked with people all over and helped them with jobs and better lifestyle.

I can go on, but i just dont think we should be all about the war in the next 4 more years to come, i have a feeling with McCain, this will continue and we will be at more major wars while our country goes into Great Depression II.

Ive never met a person that grew up in the hood and went to an ivy league school, not saying he didnt its just a little hard to belive. Kinda like most rappers say thay grew up in the projects and didnt.
On taxs, you should ask your self one thing, do you help the economy more than someone that makes 250k+?
On war, I feel the same way the Oboma voters feel, but when the time comes theres no time to talk. Whats Oboma going to do theres not going to be any talking with Iran at all!!
ALSTOCK, you say "I said we bring in someone who has a little more of hands on with our current lifestyle, someone who lived on the streets to understand poverty and who actually worked with people all over and helped them with jobs and better lifestyle." that sounds like palin to me lol. [patriot]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Understandable,

Well although john mccain does have a strong military background, i still believe he will not just go sending our military everywhere around the world to promote his own agenda. He has seen the horrors of war firsthand. He knows war is hell and I doubt he'd use military force unless all other options had been exhausted.

while I don't believe we should be all about war either in the next four years, the cold hard truth of the matter is, there are a number of countries (iran and north korea specifically) who are currently developing nuclear weapons. chances are, they will need to be dealt with in the coming future. On these issues, i trust mccain a lot more than obama.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no matter whos the prez if iran builds a nuke and bombs israel we will bomb iran then russia, china, and iran will all bomb the us .......game over!!!!!!!!!!!WW3 end of the world

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:

On taxs, you should ask your self one thing, do you help the economy more than someone that makes 250k+?

exactly! the people making over 250k are financing this country; with their taxes and with their investments. raise taxes on the wealthy, decrease investment = no help to the economy

quote:

ALSTOCK, you say "I said we bring in someone who has a little more of hands on with our current lifestyle, someone who lived on the streets to understand poverty and who actually worked with people all over and helped them with jobs and better lifestyle." that sounds like palin to me lol. [patriot]

haha, thats what i was thinking... didn't barack grow up in hawaii? i didn't think there was a "hood" there [Razz]

[ October 08, 2008, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
This is no fun... Im never gonna get my point across without name calling. Well anyhow you guys keep on campaigning. Ive have been put on restriction because I got the kitchen to hot for some of the cooks. [patriot]

It is possible to have a civil debate without name calling and posting ridiculous propaganda youtube videos

[patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
no matter whos the prez if iran builds a nuke and bombs israel we will bomb iran then russia, china, and iran will all bomb the us .......game over!!!!!!!!!!!WW3 end of the world

DING DING DING.... [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com