Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » kimbo fight tonight? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: kimbo fight tonight?
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive always been a slight fan of Kimbo's but being trained for the last year by Bas he doesnt really have an excuse to be gassing like he did. Tons of fighters were just cut by the UFC for lacking conditioning its bad for the sport. If theyre gonna be pros atleast be able to fight out your rounds. That whole event was amatuer night from the fighters, refs and docs. It was a pathetic display. Except for the girls!

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
any links?

http://www.mmatko.com/2008/06/01/

Here are some link's to the fight and some other stuff that happened after the fight [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
Ive always been a slight fan of Kimbo's but being trained for the last year by Bas he doesnt really have an excuse to be gassing like he did. Tons of fighters were just cut by the UFC for lacking conditioning its bad for the sport. If theyre gonna be pros atleast be able to fight out your rounds. That whole event was amatuer night from the fighters, refs and docs. It was a pathetic display. Except for the girls!

I think the UFC just had way too many sheep in the lion's den (no pun intended). Cutting fighters like Travis Lutter makes sense and then again it doesn't at the same time. Lutter showed HORRIBLE cardio against Rich Franklin as did Franklin for a fucking 3 round fight. Christ halfway through the second round both fighters looked gased to fuck. I'm sorry but when your meals are put on table by fighting you train you fucking ass off in every way possible.

Kimbo looked gased after being taken to the ground the second or third time. You're correct in saying that after a year with Rutten Kimbo should have the cardio to keep up a 15 minute fight. If he's "the next big thing" he should be pushing himself to fight 30 minutes so that there would be no question he could go 25 minutes without running on E.

I think Brett Rogers would be a great matchup for Kimbo honestly. I'd give the ground game to Rogers and the striking to Kimbo.

For all of you fucking Kimbo ball huggers......why shouldn't Kimbo fight someone worthy? Why should he be continued to fight these fucking "cans" that he runs through (minus Thompson)? You all seem to think he'll be the next badass on the HW block. Look at ANY HW fighter and you'll see that pretty much all them have trained in a specific disapline for many, many years to get where they are. Albeit BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling or boxing, they have vast experience in one or more forms. Rutten is working with not much higher than a Chimpanzee that has vicious KO power and a pea sized brain.

So with that being said please feel free to post up whom you think Kimbo should fight since "he's a baby to MMA". Just an FYI Brock Lesnar was given a former world HW champion in his debut fight. I didn't hear anyone complaining about that shit.

[ June 02, 2008, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
For all of you fucking Kimbo ball huggers......why shouldn't Kimbo fight someone worthy? Why should he be continued to fight these fucking "cans" that he runs through (minus Thompson)? You all seem to think he'll be the next badass on the HW block. Look at ANY HW fighter and you'll see that pretty much all them have trained in a specific disapline for many, many years to get where they are. Albeit BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling or boxing, they have vast experience in one or more forms.
Read this part of your quote closely. You just sat there and typed for about 5-10 minutes, only to contradict and answer your own question at the same time. Were you drunk when you posted that?

Personally I think it would be an insult to the big guys in the sport to put Kimbo against them so soon. He has paid no dues and doesn't possess the required skill to compete with these guys. Although it would be a big payday at this point since his drawing power seems tremendous (he was a presenter at the CMA...lol). But it would be huge black eye and blow to MMA's credibility to do so. You don't see amatuers go pro one day then next week take on Oscar De la hoya? Why should it be any different for MMA? You see a guy that is a great prospect, he gets the buzz, gets the gas station attendants proves his self along the way. Then he gets bigger venues. It is how it is, how it was and how it should be.

It is not about being a Kimbo fan or a hater. If you are a fan of the sport you understand what it takes to get to the top. He has what it takes, but it needs cultivating. Just like all sports.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:

I think the UFC just had way too many sheep in the lion's den (no pun intended). Cutting fighters like Travis Lutter makes sense and then again it doesn't at the same time. Lutter showed HORRIBLE cardio against Rich Franklin as did Franklin for a fucking 3 round fight. Christ halfway through the second round both fighters looked gased to fuck. I'm sorry but when your meals are put on table by fighting you train you fucking ass off in every way possible.

Kimbo looked gased after being taken to the ground the second or third time. You're correct in saying that after a year with Rutten Kimbo should have the cardio to keep up a 15 minute fight. If he's "the next big thing" he should be pushing himself to fight 30 minutes so that there would be no question he could go 25 minutes without running on E.

I think Brett Rogers would be a great matchup for Kimbo honestly. I'd give the ground game to Rogers and the striking to Kimbo.

For all of you fucking Kimbo ball huggers......why shouldn't Kimbo fight someone worthy? Why should he be continued to fight these fucking "cans" that he runs through (minus Thompson)? You all seem to think he'll be the next badass on the HW block. Look at ANY HW fighter and you'll see that pretty much all them have trained in a specific disapline for many, many years to get where they are. Albeit BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling or boxing, they have vast experience in one or more forms. Rutten is working with not much higher than a Chimpanzee that has vicious KO power and a pea sized brain.

So with that being said please feel free to post up whom you think Kimbo should fight since "he's a baby to MMA". Just an FYI Brock Lesnar was given a former world HW champion in his debut fight. I didn't hear anyone complaining about that shit.

See my previous post. Lesnar and his handlers were fools for letting him fight Mir. You can't take a rookie and put them in the ring with a seasoned vet. You run the risk of ruining a rookie fighters confidence among other things when they get exposed really bad. You are SUPPOSE to feed rookie fighters cans in order to build their confidence and improve their skill.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard kimbo sucked ass.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
For all of you fucking Kimbo ball huggers......why shouldn't Kimbo fight someone worthy? Why should he be continued to fight these fucking "cans" that he runs through (minus Thompson)? You all seem to think he'll be the next badass on the HW block. Look at ANY HW fighter and you'll see that pretty much all them have trained in a specific disapline for many, many years to get where they are. Albeit BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling or boxing, they have vast experience in one or more forms.
Read this part of your quote closely. You just sat there and typed for about 5-10 minutes, only to contradict and answer your own question at the same time. Were you drunk when you posted that?

Personally I think it would be an insult to the big guys in the sport to put Kimbo against them so soon. He has paid no dues and doesn't possess the required skill to compete with these guys. Although it would be a big payday at this point since his drawing power seems tremendous (he was a presenter at the CMA...lol). But it would be huge black eye and blow to MMA's credibility to do so. You don't see amatuers go pro one day then next week take on Oscar De la hoya? Why should it be any different for MMA? You see a guy that is a great prospect, he gets the buzz, gets the gas station attendants proves his self along the way. Then he gets bigger venues. It is how it is, how it was and how it should be.

It is not about being a Kimbo fan or a hater. If you are a fan of the sport you understand what it takes to get to the top. He has what it takes, but it needs cultivating. Just like all sports.

Bingo, everyone has to pay their dues and proove themselves before they get to fight the top contenders since that is where the money is at.

Kimbo is a rookie, and he is treated as such imho. If he proves himself, wins some fights, he will continue to slowly fight more and more formidable opponents and the money will increase.

Until then, lets take him for what he is... A beginner who is trying to become somebody, just like many others in the sport. Why are people faulting him for that? The guy is humble and acknowledges he has a long way to go. I am neutral but at the same time anxious to see how things pan out for him.

Kimbo has incredible strength and is a great striker. He also has a very questionable ground game and unimpressive stamina.

With that said, enjoy the .gif [Big Grin]

-

And here is Gina:
 -

[ June 03, 2008, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally can't stand Liddell but he has a great point about Kimbo.

"It's real hard to have your posse film you knocking guys out in under 2 minutes in boatyards.....and it's completely another thing to step into a cage with another human being for 15 to 25 minutes and give your all."

With that being said Thompson was the clear winner in my mind. Kimbo won by default which is not a victory in my book. Apparently Gary "The Italian Jew" Shaw see's things a bit differently.

If I were Bas Rutten I would be "100 miles and runnin" away from Kimblow and his bitch posse of Angela Davis afro wearing motherfuckers. Bas should stick to Legends in LA and keep his name respectable like Couture has. Kimbo originally wanted Couture as his mentor. Do you see Randy anywhere around?............

"Bueller......Bueller......Bueller......Bueller?"
"Hello, is this thing on?"

PS It would seem that even fighters from within Kimbo's own organization see through the bullshit and what I've already stated......

http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=15294

[ June 03, 2008, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WRS

I think you are more Kimbo hater than a true fan of MMA. If you were a fan of MMA you would realize his potential (keyword being potential). You would realize his potential value to the sport and its success and appeal. And you wold realize that the guy has a true God given talent as brutal as it is the dude is good at what he does. He is humble, dedicated and a true student to the game. To me those are the perfect ingredients of a legend in any sport. Now he may fall off at any time, who knows. but as it stands now, the dude is not half bad. I can tell you one thing. I never heard of MMA or any of its fighters until Kimbo happened. So there is a pleasant side effect to all of this.

And why do you hate Kimbo so much. You almost sound like you know him and are jealous. Top it off, I didnt see anyone here touting Kimbo as the next best thing. But merely admiring what he is currently doing. Seems you want to more throw insults his way than face facts.

lol...I watched the video. And what did that prove? The dude is a potential opponent. He is supposed to talk smack. I thought maybe you had a good video for me. I know one thing, who ever this dude is (an I never heard of him until now) can thank Kimbo for getting his name out there. Win or lose, he should give part of his purse to Kimbo.

[ June 03, 2008, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I never heard of MMA or any of its fighters until Kimbo happened. So there is a pleasant side effect to all of this.

Bingo again. Last Saturday's event on basic cable was a great thing for MMA exposure. It introduced the sport to a lot of people who had no clue about MMA. It was a successful event despite the stoppages.

In fact, I myself watched the fights with a few people who had never seen MMA before and now are interested to see the next high dollar MMA event.

Good or bad, Kimbo is reconizable and can bring many would-be fans into the sport.

--------------------
Stangless

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Anyone ever notice that Kimbo rarely and I mean rarely even blinks when punches are being thrown at him or he is getting hit? And how precise his punches are? I think in a past life this dude was a gladiator or something.

And was that dudes ear like that before he got into the ring? That looks really nasty and painful. I thought cauliflower ear was only something that happened in cartoons.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Kimbo has a huge melon.

In all my years playing sports (football, boxing, etc), it was always the guys with the biggest dome that were the hardest hitters in football and could take the best punches in boxing. Just an observation lol.

The biggest head in all of football history was owned by Jack Tatum and we all know he had the reputation for being one of the hardest hitters in league history.

Kimbo's melon is HUGE, lol. The man can take a punch, no doubt.

LOL

And the califlower ear is a very common thing in collegiate wrestling.

[ June 03, 2008, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same here, never was really into mma, some of my friends were. I always seen this big ass black dude on youtube fucking dudes up. and now i cant wait till the next one, im ordering!!lol so it is good for them. Im not really a fan of him but shit its entertainment [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

"It's real hard to have your posse film you knocking guys out in under 2 minutes in boatyards.....and it's completely another thing to step into a cage with another human being for 15 to 25 minutes and give your all."

With that being said Thompson was the clear winner in my mind. Kimbo won by default which is not a victory in my book. Apparently Gary "The Italian Jew" Shaw see's things a bit differently.

If I were Bas Rutten I would be "100 miles and runnin" away from Kimblow and his bitch posse of Angela Davis afro wearing motherfuckers. Bas should stick to Legends in LA and keep his name respectable like Couture has. Kimbo originally wanted Couture as his mentor. Do you see Randy anywhere around?............

PS It would seem that even fighters from within Kimbo's own organization see through the bullshit and what I've already stated......

Man, you really need to cut Kimbo some slack. He has only been doing MMA for a year or so and all you can do is talk about how limited he is and how much he sucks. Do I think he is the second coming of Rampage Jackson? of course not. His fights however are entertaining and the next free one that comes on TV i will be sure to watch. I think Kimbo made over 180k for his last fight with tank so I am sure he made a nice chunk of change for beating Thompson and as long as he keeps winning and I can be entertained for free I am happy. I wanna see you do one year of MMA and go up against some seasoned vets LOL!

P.S. UFC fed Chuck Liddell ALOT of bums for awhile also. granted Chuck is a hell of alot more skilled than Kimbo but UFC tried to milk Liddell for as long as possible. I feel that Liddell is over hyped form the way Rampage was able to body him with ONE punch! Not to mention how bad he beat up Liddel the first time they met.

[ June 04, 2008, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of you guys are correct about Kimbo, most of us didn't care for MMA or never heard of any of these MMA guys untill Kimbo came along.

Who the hell is this johnson clown? Got his ass handed to him from a backyard brawler..

GO KIMBO!! [patriot]

Even if Kimbo's loses a fight, doesn't change the fact that Kimbo has potential, talent and dedication.

Can't wait till his next match.

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

Man, you really need to cut Kimbo some slack. He has only been doing MMA for a year or so and all you can do is talk about how limited he is and how much he sucks. Do I think he is the second coming of Rampage Jackson? of course not. His fights however are entertaining and the next free one that comes on TV i will be sure to watch. I think Kimbo made over 180k for his last fight with tank so I am sure he made a nice chunk of change for beating Thompson and as long as he keeps winning and I can be entertained for free I am happy. I wanna see you do one year of MMA and go up against some seasoned vets LOL!

P.S. UFC fed Chuck Liddell ALOT of bums for awhile also. granted Chuck is a hell of alot more skilled than Kimbo but UFC tried to milk Liddell for as long as possible. I feel that Liddell is over hyped form the way Rampage was able to body him with ONE punch! Not to mention how bad he beat up Liddel the first time they met.

I wanna see you do one year of MMA and go up against some seasoned vets LOL!

^^ Can you say "BLOWN HEAD GASKET" HAHAHAH!!! [Wink]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com