Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » kimbo fight tonight? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: kimbo fight tonight?
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what channel and time is it on? i have comcast if someone can tell me what channel

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ch.5 @ 9pm
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks [patriot]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CBS... at 9pm is what it says on my guide although the fights started a while ago with the kimbo fight starting in a few min. I'm watching it on a Colorado CBS feed....
Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any links?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Links? Go to your tv, click 5, and you're linked [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Links? Go to your tv, click 5, and you're linked [Wink]

lmfao

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kimbo is an absolute BULL. He has impressive strength and is a great striker, but he was in serious trouble a number of times in today's fight. Thompson gave him a lot of problems on the ground.

I also thought the fight was stopped prematurely. Thompson took some nasty shots at the end, had his ear burst, but was still standing. I think the ref could have let it go a little longer which would allow Kimbo to win more convincingly. The house seemed to be split about that fight considering that Thompson got the upper hand on the floor and it looked like the fight was close to stoppage in the 2nd round with Kimbo's head against the cage.

Although I am a Kimbo fan, given what he showed today on the ground, I am questioning just how much of a future he can have in MMA. Endurance looks like it is lacking as well.

Given Kimbo's strengths and weaknesses, I feel he'd be better suited as a heavyweight boxer.

[ June 01, 2008, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kimbo is a bum... Scotts fight was stopped early, the girls fight was the best.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone got a link? i just got home and missed the show.. i don't think i have cbs anyway..

--------------------
=(

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Kimbo is an absolute BULL. He has impressive strength and is a great striker, but he was in serious trouble a number of times in today's fight. Thompson gave him a lot of problems on the ground.

I also thought the fight was stopped prematurely. Thompson took some nasty shots at the end, had his ear burst, but was still standing. I think the ref could have let it go a little longer which would allow Kimbo to win more convincingly. The house seemed to be split about that fight considering that Thompson got the upper hand on the floor and it looked like the fight was close to stoppage in the 2nd round with Kimbo's head against the cage.

Although I am a Kimbo fan, given what he showed today on the ground, I am questioning just how much of a future he can have in MMA. Endurance looks like it is lacking as well.

Given Kimbo's strengths and weaknesses, I feel he'd be better suited as a heavyweight boxer.

Kimbo was absolutely OWNED on the ground. There were sooooo many holes in Kimbo's takedown defense and guard.

Granted Kimbo landed a few nice shots on Thompson's chin and face and yet Thompson weathered the Kimbo storm of fists. Kimbo's Muay Thai sucks dick period.

Also when Thompson had Kimbo locked in the standing guillotine choke I watched it four separate times and Kimbo tapped, although briefly he still did TAP on Thompson's upper arm. Yet the fucking moron ref "happened to not notice that little detail".

Kimbo got a harsh dose of reality and finally I've been proven right, that Kimbo isn't anything other than a HW boxer that would be better suited to boxing only. Could you imagine if Kimbo fought Giant Silva? Absolute ownage would ensue. Kimbo sucks.

Those fucking doctors were tools. They stopped Scott's fight waaaaaay too soon IMO. Scott was owning Robbie from within the Thai clinch IMO.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:

Those fucking doctors were tools. They stopped Scott's fight waaaaaay too soon IMO. Scott was owning Robbie from within the Thai clinch IMO.
I hated to see that fight stopped, but what is a professional doctor supposed to do when the fighter says to them twice "I can't see a thing!"

YOU HAVE TO STOP THE FIGHT. There is too much liability for that doctor to let it go.

Tip for fighters: IF A DOCTOR IS EXAMINING YOU AND TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO STOP A FIGHT, DO NOT TELL THEM HOW FUCKED UP YOU ARE IF YOU WANT THE FIGHT TO CONTINUE, LOL

Nuff said!

--------------------
Stangless

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hated to see that fight stopped, but what is a professional doctor supposed to do when the fighter says to them twice "I can't see a thing!"

YOU HAVE TO STOP THE FIGHT. There is too much liability for that doctor to let it go.

Tip for fighters: IF A DOCTOR IS EXAMINING YOU AND TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO STOP A FIGHT, DO NOT TELL THEM HOW FUCKED UP YOU ARE IF YOU WANT THE FIGHT TO CONTINUE, LOL

Nuff said!

He had 5 mins to recover. He just wanted his 5 mins, if he tells the doc he can see just fine would he get his 5 mins? It wasnt up to the doc to step in for a fowl it was the refs job.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

well you certainly got a point there.
Should have gotten his 5 minutes before answering that question about the vision.

--------------------
Stangless

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nuff said!

I just talked to Scott's older brother (my best friend) and Scott could see fine according to Scott. You heard it from the horse's mouth. He wanted to continue as did Lawler. Scott told Brandon (his brother) his eye was sratchy feeling for a couple of minutes but that was it.

For shit like that (accidents) a fighter has up to 5 minutes to regain their wits so to speak and Scott was clearly fucked out of his 5 minutes.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Forget the horses mouth stories always change anyhow! Fact is after 5 mins of recovery ask the fighter if he can see. "a fowl is a fowl" no doc is gonna stop a fight for a growing strike.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK TIVO....SHIT STOPEd recordin when they stopped the lawler fight...fuckkkkkk [Mad]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Kimbo was absolutely OWNED on the ground. There were sooooo many holes in Kimbo's takedown defense and guard.

Granted Kimbo landed a few nice shots on Thompson's chin and face and yet Thompson weathered the Kimbo storm of fists. Kimbo's Muay Thai sucks dick period.

Also when Thompson had Kimbo locked in the standing guillotine choke I watched it four separate times and Kimbo tapped, although briefly he still did TAP on Thompson's upper arm. Yet the fucking moron ref "happened to not notice that little detail".

Kimbo got a harsh dose of reality and finally I've been proven right, that Kimbo isn't anything other than a HW boxer that would be better suited to boxing only. Could you imagine if Kimbo fought Giant Silva? Absolute ownage would ensue. Kimbo sucks.

man were you just high or a kimbo hater? he did just fine in the first round on the ground. he got taken down but got right back up. the 2nd round is when he started to poop out. and get worked on the ground. he needs more cardio work thats for sure! and shit i think he looked good for this being his 3 pro fight.. people seem to over look that part. who doesn't have holes in their game after 3 fights? lets see this guy in 2 years after about 6-8 fights. then try to talk some shit on him. and funny when the ref asked kimbo if he was alright. he gave the thumbs up from the choke. so i'm thinkin he wasn't in very much trouble. but kimbo haters will still hate no matter how good he looks or who he beats...and lets not talk about your giant silva. who can't get anything done.. last fight silva looked good for 3 rounds then got handed his ass in 1 move.... kimbo looks better & better after every fight. he is still a noob. but he will be around for a long time. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I quess it was a good fight but I missed it, from what I real looks like Kimbo WON AGAIN!

Like I SAID IT ONCE I'LL SAY IT AGAIN GO KIMBO! now can a brother get a link to the fight, I can't find any!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw the fight, My hat goes out to thompson. But either way he started to bleed big time and thats the end.

People are saying there is a five minute recovery time??? what is that all about?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

man were you just high or a kimbo hater? he did just fine in the first round on the ground. he got taken down but got right back up. the 2nd round is when he started to poop out. and get worked on the ground. he needs more cardio work thats for sure! and shit i think he looked good for this being his 3 pro fight.. people seem to over look that part. who doesn't have holes in their game after 3 fights? lets see this guy in 2 years after about 6-8 fights. then try to talk some shit on him. and funny when the ref asked kimbo if he was alright. he gave the thumbs up from the choke. so i'm thinkin he wasn't in very much trouble. but kimbo haters will still hate no matter how good he looks or who he beats...and lets not talk about your giant silva. who can't get anything done.. last fight silva looked good for 3 rounds then got handed his ass in 1 move.... kimbo looks better & better after every fight. he is still a noob. but he will be around for a long time. [patriot]
Nope sorry not high. I'll happily say that I'm a Kimbo hater though. He's bad for the sport as a whole in my opinion. He has zero disapline in MARTIAL ARTS. He's a fucking backyard brawler that looks like he's barely evolved from swinging from tree to tree looking for his next meal.

James Thompson was brought in to be just another "can" for Kimbo to play with and had the ear issue not played into account Thompson would have won that fight. Now could you imagine bringing in someone of decent or high caliber to fight Kimbo? Arlovski? Even though I can't stand him Tim Sylvia? Either of those fuckers would take Kimbo's dumb reggin ass back to coconutville.

Now if you want to talk about an "even" matchup experience wise Kimbo ought to call out Brock Lesnar. One's a NCAA championship wrestler and the other an extremely heavy handed boxer. Both have little MMA experience but big hopes of becoming the next big thing.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are they going to replay today?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why does everyone hate on Kimbo so much? He is just a guy trying to make some money the best legal way he knows how. People say "put him in the ring with a top UFC heavyweight and watch Kimbo get his ass kicked" That is so stupid, do some of you guys know anything about MMA or any type of paid combat sport in general? You doubt feed steak to a baby and you do not put a beginer in the ring with a seasoned vet.

OF course Kimbo has alot of work to do, he is still learning. Alot of the UFC guys are jealous because Kimbo makes more per fight than they do (In some cases). The object of the game is to make money. I see Kimbo fighting about 6-7 more bums until he gets a "mega fight". The purpose of the mega fight will be for Kimbo to "cash his chips in" and make enough to retire on. Just like in boxing, you feed a fighter bums so that you can get a guy some experience and build his name up with the public. Right now a large majority of the public knows who Kimbo is and are will be willing to shell out money for his next fight. I think he is improving and predict he will do more groudwork in his next fight but he still has a long ways to go. Lesnar was an idiot for fighting Mir and got submitted just like everyone predicted

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The guy is sort of a phenom, which is why I suspect he is subjected to so much unfair scrutiny. Raw talent and ability he has, but it still needs to be honed. Its that way in any sport. The greats pay dues. Kimbo is at sort of a advantage/disadvantage. He is old to be just starting, but possesses more natural ability than the big guns that has been doing it a while. Not to mention his market draw. So his clock is ticking, plus he is dealing with high expectations and the money/marketing machine at the same time. And it isn't fair that he is being dubbed the Tyson of MMA. I think we all expect too much too fast and the money may come faster which may be good or bad for Kimbo. But I know one thing He wont have to say "N*gga's gotta eat" much more, because he is eating like a mofo now.
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you guys think of a Brett Rogers vs Kimbo fight? I've been reading that at the after fight press-conference Rogers called Kimbo out and started a bit of an altercation. I thought it was funny to see Rogers being walked to the ring by Big Black. [Big Grin]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com