Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » interior opinions (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: interior opinions
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
Do yourself a favor and go to the junkyard and pull some brackets out of an older Mustang without power seats, I did that when I mounted some Recaro's in one of my Mustangs, good luck.

my drivers seat sat almost 1/2" higher up and I couldn't slide them all the way back with manual foxbody seat brackets, compared to the 95gt power seat bracket I'm using now.

just fwiw, not all aftermarket seats are the same, and they don't all mount the same way, the brackets are a big PITA.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Do yourself a favor and go to the junkyard and pull some brackets out of an older Mustang without power seats, I did that when I mounted some Recaro's in one of my Mustangs, good luck.

my drivers seat sat almost 1/2" higher up and I couldn't slide them all the way back with manual foxbody seat brackets, compared to the 95gt power seat bracket I'm using now.

just fwiw, not all aftermarket seats are the same, and they don't all mount the same way, the brackets are a big PITA.

Blind, how difficult was it to fit the 95 GT power seat bracket onto the seats?

Any recommendations you can give when I attempt this?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:
quote:

I plugged the tracks into the car, moved them to the full forward position.

bolted the track to the bottom of the seats using the rear bolts. Moved the seat track to full rear setting. Unplugged..

took measurements of where to drill the front holes to bolt to the seat, removed the tracks from the seat, drilled, plugged in, bolted in.

easy [patriot]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:
quote:
quote:

I plugged the tracks into the car, moved them to the full forward position.

bolted the track to the bottom of the seats using the rear bolts. Moved the seat track to full rear setting. Unplugged..

took measurements of where to drill the front holes to bolt to the seat, removed the tracks from the seat, drilled, plugged in, bolted in.

easy [patriot]

Thank you sir [patriot] Doesnt sound bad at all...Hopefully the driver and passenger sides mount the same way because I have a power passenger seat also.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Well, I got the MRC seats in the mail today and pulled out my stockers. Off the bat, the stock brackets will not work. [Frown]

The holes on the MRC seats are a lot wider than the holes on the stock seats, so the stock brackets will not fit even if I tried drilling new holes.

Here's my plan:

I am going to get some 1/8" flat steel and run them across the bottom of the MRC seats horizontally, bolting them onto the existing holes in the seat.

I will then align my stock brackets to the flat steel and drill them in place and bolt them. I am almost positive that this won't be very difficult, but my only concern is how safe and sturdy the flat steel will be.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

hmm, if it was me I'd try for just making some nice brackets out of L brackets and be done with it, unless you really want the adjustment of the stock brackets.

anything you bolt up under the seat is going to raise the seat height, I don't know how critical this is for you, but it's a big deal for me being 6'5"

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
hmm, if it was me I'd try for just making some nice brackets out of L brackets and be done with it, unless you really want the adjustment of the stock brackets.

anything you bolt up under the seat is going to raise the seat height, I don't know how critical this is for you, but it's a big deal for me being 6'5"

I dont really understand the L bracket idea...can you explain how to do this?

I do want some kind of adjustment. Also, I'm not very tall, so raising the seat 1/2-1" isnt going to bother me much.

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

L bracket lengthways across the seat at the front and another at the rear, bolt another L going flat against the floorboard to the side of the L bracket.

strips of flat stock with slots cut into it bolted to the L brackets on the seat side to slide the seat forward/backward on for adjustment.

that's my eventual plans with my seats, so I can get the drivers lower than it is now, which at the moment is stock height...

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com