Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » interior opinions (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: interior opinions
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did a quick photoshop to see how 99+ dark charcoal seats would look in my 96 Saleen. They are originlly light gray but I'm having a hard time finding replacement fronts.

What do you think about the charcoal seats with my interior color??

-
 -

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It doesnt look bad, although black would look better....It still kinda matches & makes the interior look 3 tone....

As you know, its very hard to find clean black 94-98 seats, even if they aren't ripped, the leather ford used was crappy & always looks worn after a few years....I would sell you the black seats from my 95 if I had something better to replace them with....They have no rips, but look typically worn for 13 year old seats....

[ May 31, 2008, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much would you sell me the fronts and rears??

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the same interior as yours and my plan are to convert the console, kick panels, lower rear panel and carpet to black, keeping the grey/black dash in there. i think with this combo a set of microsuedue 2 tone grey and black seats or even the 03 light grey/charcoal cobra seats would look back ass.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
i have the same interior as yours and my plan are to convert the console, kick panels, lower rear panel and carpet to black, keeping the grey/black dash in there. i think with this combo a set of microsuedue 2 tone grey and black seats or even the 03 light grey/charcoal cobra seats would look back ass.

Thats a good idea, but I really dont want to change all the panels.

What color are your current seats?

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix:

I dunno??? The problem is, i dont have any replacements. I will trade you for the dark charcoal seats if you pick up the front & rears from drew....

Here is the only pic I have of them...They are decent with no rips, but they do have the typical wear...

[  -

[ May 31, 2008, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the seats are grey in my car. i want to get a nice set of corbeau a4 2 tone seats or even the arizen two tone leather seats like this.

-
this would be perfect for your interior
 -
i priced it out for the black interior pieces.
for door panels, console, kick panels and rear, you'll be spending probably around $200-250 and another $100 for black carpet i think.

[ May 31, 2008, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
the seats are grey in my car. i want to get a nice set of corbeau a4 2 tone seats or even the arizen two tone leather seats like this.

-
 -
for door panels, console, kick panels and rear, you'll be spending probably around $200-250 and another $100 for black carpet i think.

Those 2 tone grey ones are sick...I want some of those for my 95...How much are they?

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

theyre kinda pricey but i would take them over 03/04 seats..800for pleather or 900 leather for a pair. when u factor in shipping and rails you'll be around 1100 total for the leather set. the corbeau microsuede a4's are only a couple hundred less than these.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
theyre kinda pricey but i would take them over 03/04 seats..800for pleather or 900 leather for a pair. when u factor in shipping and rails you'll be around 1100 total for the leather set. the corbeau microsuede a4's are only a couple hundred less than these.

WOW, not bad, but more than i will spend on interior unless mine was thrashed...The Corbeaus dont hold up very well. the black turns purple after only a few years of regular use....

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

I dunno??? The problem is, i dont have any replacements. I will trade you for the dark charcoal seats if you pick up the front & rears from drew....

Here is the only pic I have of them...They are decent with no rips, but they do have the typical wear...

-

pic doesnt work [Confused]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:

-

pic doesnt work [Confused]
oops, sorry...here it is...

-

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:

WOW, not bad, but more than i will spend on interior unless mine was thrashed...The Corbeaus dont hold up very well. the black turns purple after only a few years of regular use....
yup for seats thats a lot of coin to drop. there are a bunch of these types of seats on ebay..here is example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW-Yonaka-Grey-Black-2-tone-Leather-Racing-Seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQihZ021QQitemZ310054499788QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
dont know how the quality on the ebay seats but ive read good things about the arizen.

here is a place that sells them even cheaper
http://www.madracingconcepts.com/Seats/seats.htm

[ May 31, 2008, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:

yup for seats thats a lot of coin to drop. there are a bunch of these types of seats on ebay..here is example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-NEW-Yonaka-Grey-Black-2-tone-Leather-Racing-Seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQihZ021QQitemZ310054499788QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
dont know how the quality on the ebay seats but ive read good things about the arizen.

here is a place that sells them even cheaper

Those MRC seats are nice! I like the all gray ones for direct replacements for my stockers...

The black/gray ones are nice too, but then I'd need the rears reupholstered to match [Embarrassed]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I cant believe I just did this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=360057193906&_trksid=p3907.m32

I found a pair of the "soldout" MRC seats on ebay and clicked the buy it now button [Eek!]

Talk about jumping the gun...I'm excited [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=360057193906&_trksid=p3907.m32

I found a pair of the "soldout" MRC seats on ebay and clicked the buy it now button [Eek!]

There u go...Those are gonna look sick...let me know how they look in person & how the quality is. How do you mount them?

[ May 31, 2008, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

There u go...Those are gonna look sick...let me know how they look in person & how the quality is. How do you mount them?
Yea, I figured since I was going to spend around $400 for 99+ seats, why not spend a couple bucks more and get some nice aftermarket seats and still use my stock rears. I'll eventually get the rears reupholstered to match, but I dont think it'll look bad if I leave them all gray for now.

Honestly, I really dont know how Im gonna mount them [Confused] I have another thread about aftermarket seats and BLIND said he used his stock 95 GT brackets and just drilled new holes in them. Hopefully it works for me too.

--------------------

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

-
 -

Those 2 tone grey ones are sick...I want some of those for my 95...How much are they?
ya man those seats look sick... I like the fox with the red and black seat!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

u can get them here for $400 for a pair
 -

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

98saleen
¯
Member # 7459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98saleen  Ford pictures for 98saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you figured out how to mount them??? We put a pair in my brothers 95gts and had to make custom brackets. PITA
Posts: 170 | From: pittsburg, ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

yeah..get the brackets from wedge engineering. u can find out the part numbers by going to arizen's website. arizen seats are similar to the mrc ones but are like twice the price as they do custom upholstery/color combos.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 98saleen:
Have you figured out how to mount them??? We put a pair in my brothers 95gts and had to make custom brackets. PITA

No, still havent figured out how they'll mount since I dont have the seats yet.

BLIND said he installed some aftermarket seats using his stock power seat bracket from a 95 GT. He just drilled a couple new holes in the stock bracket and mounted them.

I'll have to figure all this out once I get the seats.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

--------------------

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do yourself a favor and go to the junkyard and pull some brackets out of an older Mustang without power seats, I did that when I mounted some Recaro's in one of my Mustangs, good luck.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Trunkster:
Do yourself a favor and go to the junkyard and pull some brackets out of an older Mustang without power seats, I did that when I mounted some Recaro's in one of my Mustangs, good luck.

what year brackets...foxbody? Why is it better to use the brackets from an older mustang? What kind of modifying did you have to do to make them fit?

--------------------

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any Mustang from 79 and up, as long as they are non power, as far as bolting them I couldn't say without seeing your seats, I would think you'd need to drill a few holes and thats about it.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com