Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Some Pics of a Customers 04 Cobra Project (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some Pics of a Customers 04 Cobra Project
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We completed this customers car a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to post up some pics but just haven't had the time.

The car came in for a solid axle conversion, Maximum Motorsports Panhard bar and HD Torque Arm, dial in the suspension front and rear, fuel system upgrade, 750 rwhp cabable clutch and upgraded 26 spline input shaft, Whipple install/tune, and 6 point custom chromoly roll bar. Here are some pics of the finished product.
New Strange adjustable struts with coilovers
 -
Shot of the new fuel line and filter
 -
Fuel line to the new FORE rails
 -
Solid axle installed with TQ arm and new exhaust
 -
Finished product on the solid axle and MM install
 -
Finished product on the Whipple and fuel system install
 -
and last but not least, the custom 6 point chromoly roll bar with swing outs
 -
 -

And here is a pic of the 100 octane tune dyno graph.
 -

I'm very please with how this car came out, hopefully you all will feel the same way! [patriot]

Drew

AED

[ May 20, 2008, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dayyyum. once again amazing detail in your work. I like it a lot.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
his car is aite.....i guess.... lol [Razz]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey Drew did you guys finally get your dyno in the shop?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where and who's shop is this? Thanks for info.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

93 CHP
¯
Member # 8240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 CHP  Ford pictures for 93 CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
came out sick
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dyno is on the way.
I made some *changes* to their standard Wideband & they're having to do a ton of programing in order get the serial inputs to work as desired.

I must have the best of the best when it comes to tuning equipment. The wideband they sell with the dyno is not up to my standards. At my request, they're setting up the dyno software to accept an ECM wideband unit.

ECM is the industry standard for widebands. You'll only find ECM wideband units in all major auto manufactures facilities..... Wideband setups that cost more than the cars they sell!

Yeah, it's 10 times the price of the wideband that comes standard on the dyno, but I'm only as good as my equipment & in order to give you guys the absolute BEST tune I possibly can, I MUST have the best equipment.

So....it's taking a little longer than expected. LOL

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Where and who's shop is this? Thanks for info.

Those pictures were take in our Sacramento, (Shingle springs), location. You can get more info at www.AdvancedEngineDevelopment.com

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn, efren gonna be quick.... im still saving my money so i can let sean/drew do the work on my car!

AED FTW!! [worship]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad ass car guys and top notch work as usual. [patriot]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great work gentlemen! I'm always impressed with AED's work.

Thats some serious eye candy right there.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
awesome work!! diggin the cage especially. i just wouldn't want to sit in the back LOL

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Dyno is on the way.
I made some *changes* to their standard Wideband & they're having to do a ton of programing in order get the serial inputs to work as desired.

I must have the best of the best when it comes to tuning equipment. The wideband they sell with the dyno is not up to my standards. At my request, they're setting up the dyno software to accept an ECM wideband unit.

ECM is the industry standard for widebands. You'll only find ECM wideband units in all major auto manufactures facilities..... Wideband setups that cost more than the cars they sell!

Yeah, it's 10 times the price of the wideband that comes standard on the dyno, but I'm only as good as my equipment & in order to give you guys the absolute BEST tune I possibly can, I MUST have the best equipment.

So....it's taking a little longer than expected. LOL

think it will be in by the first week of June? I'm on vacation and wanna get my blower on and tuned!!! [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice job guys car looks killer and looks like it will haul ass

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that thing looks SLOW!!! [Big Grin] J/K

Makes me want an 03/04 Cobra even more!

Sean, if you get a dyno up in Sac are you still going to tune down in San Jose?

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No exact time frame on the dyno yet. I'm waiting for them to tell me it's ready to ship, then I'm flying out to Texas to make sure it's ready to go. I plan on strapping the sales lady's Mustang GT to my dyno (at their facility) & tuning it right there. If all goes well, the dyno will be shipped to AED, if not, I'll have them take care of any/all issues before it's shipped.

Yes, tuning in San Jose on Mondays as usual, the Sac/Cameron Park dyno will be available for Saturday tuning appointments.
We've had more than a few customers want to be tuned on the weekends & that's just not possible at the San Jose facility. In order to accomodate ALL our customers, tuning will now be available on the weekends......in addition to Mondays in San Jose.

Once the dyno is in, we'll be posting up a dyno day/car show/ grand opening BBQ for all to enjoy. We'll keep everyone posted!

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
No exact time frame on the dyno yet. I'm waiting for them to tell me it's ready to ship, then I'm flying out to Texas to make sure it's ready to go. I plan on strapping the sales lady's Mustang GT to my dyno (at their facility) & tuning it right there. If all goes well, the dyno will be shipped to AED, if not, I'll have them take care of any/all issues before it's shipped.

Yes, tuning in San Jose on Mondays as usual, the Sac/Cameron Park dyno will be available for Saturday tuning appointments.
We've had more than a few customers want to be tuned on the weekends & that's just not possible at the San Jose facility. In order to accomodate ALL our customers, tuning will now be available on the weekends......in addition to Mondays in San Jose.

Once the dyno is in, we'll be posting up a dyno day/car show/ grand opening BBQ for all to enjoy. We'll keep everyone posted!

Good to know! Either way it will be worth the drive.

Keep us posted on teh BBQ/Grand Opening... I'll bring the LX up there [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the compliments guys. ANd sorry about the shit picture quality on the dyno graph.... the new scanner/printer i bought ended up being a major pos!

Drew and Shaun and the rest of the guys Aed do top quality work. Great people to work with.
I love the way the cage came out btw, couldnt have come out any better!
i rarely ever used to let any one ride in the back seat, so now with the cage its a hell no! hahah ill probably be pulling the back seat out in a few weeks.

AED FTW!
Thanks again Drew [patriot]
i cant wait to get to the track.

[ May 21, 2008, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: mr mach ef ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
his car is aite.....i guess.... lol [Razz]

yeah , its aight [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by jayman016:
damn, efren gonna be quick.... im still saving my money so i can let sean/drew do the work on my car!

AED FTW!! [worship]

When we gonna cruise again main? saw the pics of your new rims. Car is look good man! save up and get yours to aed !!! [patriot] Hows the new r1?

[ May 21, 2008, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: mr mach ef ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great work guys & very nice suspension setup... [patriot]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes very very nice car. I had the pleasure of hualing this car from San Jose to AED Sacramento. Wish I had some pics of it on my trailer.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sick [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Shaun and Drew...

It's Joe from SacPower...I just started working at Sac Mustang a month or so ago and have been trying to send business your way whenever people ask for dyno tunes...hopefully it's helped keep you busy. [patriot]

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by SlowFiveOh94:
Hey Shaun and Drew...

It's Joe from SacPower...I just started working at Sac Mustang a month or so ago and have been trying to send business your way whenever people ask for dyno tunes...hopefully it's helped keep you busy. [patriot]

Ah ha! That was you! Thanks for the referals buddy!
We've got an FFR Cobra road-racer in the shop this week that said he was refered to us by Sac Mustang. We're giving him an extra ~50hp yet keeping it looking/running like stock. [Smile]

Thanks again Joe!

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am in need of getting my MM heavy duty torque arm & rear coilovers installed. I already have everything else (phb, LCA's, SFC's) installed, just need those two remaining parts installed...How much will something like that run me??

Thanks..

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com