Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What Kind Of Fuel Economy Are You Observing? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What Kind Of Fuel Economy Are You Observing?
444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
quote:
quote:
:adds fuel to the fire:

since when was a fox mustang a sports car?

:/adds fuel to the fire:

Ironic that you use a line like that, when you are all about saving fuel.
dude, how do you like ohio? how's the stang? was clean when i saw it.
Aside from the snow.. it's great. Alot less hippies out here, that's for sure! Cobra is running a bit fat, according to the recent dyno. Laid down 513/529 running fat.. Lets see.. CCWs are sitting here... and my BFG 335's are on their way.

I heard you got a new car? I got a new plate frame... [Wink]
 -

dude that plate frame is awesome! I want to get one for all of my cars. [Razz]
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mustanghp950:
quote:
since selling shitbox fox mustang and buying a NEW honda fit, i have a lot of money in the bank, nice camera equipment *PM me if you're interested in a photoshoot*, a bunch of mods on the car *cosmetic mods and suspension and wheels*, recently bought a fixed gear bicycle, and yesterday bought a 47" LCD HDTV.

im telling you guys. it's all about the gas mileage.

the last few trips ive observed 42 mpg.

what's your mileage like?

42 mpg = about $0.10 cents per mile you drive, but spending at least 15K on the car

20 mpg= $0.20 per mile with a 4-5K car

you logic to save money does not "fit".

lol. what mustang gets 20mpg?
[Razz]

both of mine get 25mpg, and don't make me fall asleep while driving them.
My '92 w/ ALL the basic boltons (ie no heads or cam) AND 3:55 gears was getting 23MPG. Here is another calculation for you

If you drive 500 miles a week (that's a lot of fucking miles!!!) and you pay $4 a gallon then...

500/23mpg * $4 = $87 per week
500/42mpg * $4 = $47 per week

($87 * 4 weeks) - ($47 * 4 weeks) = $160 savings per month

How much is the payment on your NEW car? If it is more than $160 (and assuming you drive at least 500 miles per week) you are actually loosing money [Smile]

[ May 20, 2008, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, i see what you did there, but i wasn't getting anything NEAR that mileage.

btw, im actually making LESS money now, than i was making with the mustang. and i have all this extra money LOL. you guys can hate all you want, but my bank account is WAY fatter and i have a lot of nice stuff now as compared to with the mustang. having a mustang was cool i guess, but im much happier now. not hating on you guys, just saying. i could care less about the planet and such, but it's nice seeing a FAT bank account

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
:adds fuel to the fire:

since when was a fox mustang a sports car?

:/adds fuel to the fire:

Ironic that you use a line like that, when you are all about saving fuel.
dude, how do you like ohio? how's the stang? was clean when i saw it.
Aside from the snow.. it's great. Alot less hippies out here, that's for sure! Cobra is running a bit fat, according to the recent dyno. Laid down 513/529 running fat.. Lets see.. CCWs are sitting here... and my BFG 335's are on their way.

I heard you got a new car? I got a new plate frame... [Wink]
 -

if you're ever in the bayarea, lemme photoshoot your cobra [patriot]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yeah, i see what you did there, but i wasn't getting anything NEAR that mileage.

btw, im actually making LESS money now, than i was making with the mustang. and i have all this extra money LOL. you guys can hate all you want, but my bank account is WAY fatter and i have a lot of nice stuff now as compared to with the mustang. having a mustang was cool i guess, but im much happier now. not hating on you guys, just saying. i could care less about the planet and such, but it's nice seeing a FAT bank account

You think we're all a bunch of broke asses? dude your a fuckin square.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:

You think we're all a bunch of broke asses? dude your a fuckin square.
i don't think you guys are a bunch of broke asses. but im just saying. if you observe better mileage, you WILL save money

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com