Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Updated progress pics of the project lx 7/17/8 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Updated progress pics of the project lx 7/17/8
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
dan can you ask where he got that puller, what brand and how much? I want to get one of those myself. Bought a MIG welder this weekend so my toolset is almost complete to take on a few paint jobs I have planned.

Ill ask him. I know that he said it was about 300-400 dollars.

It is a neat tool. You will also need the slap hammer attachment that grabs the pull sticks.

I am going to get a MIG with gas and start trying to weld, myself.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Hood! [Big Grin]

Eastwood sells the puller - http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1676&itemType=PRODUCT

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
Nice Hood! [Big Grin]

Eastwood sells the puller - http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1676&itemType=PRODUCT

Thanks hahahaha! Gonna take hours to fix it tho... [Frown]

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Well, its been awhile, but with other people posting pics of their progress, it got me a little motivated.

Scored some casters to move the car around easier in the garage (thanks son)

Here is the updated pic.

I got the paint and supplies for next to nothing, all PPG BC/CC ( I think I already posted this, but just in case) and here the car is ready for the final sanding I guess about 420 then up to 600.

-

Antenna hole got filled

-

More from the back!

-

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Since I am going with a BMW montego blue metallic, I decided to change the interior color to black. This was hard for me, since my interior is/was in great shape, but grey tweed.

I am going to run a kirkey seat with black cover, so I wont need stock front seats anyway...therefor I went ahead with the deal. Oh and arm rest delete, tho I did pick up a cherry black arm rest while hunting for black interior pieces.

Here is some of the black interior I picked up. Dusty, from laying around bondo land, but it blows off and cleans up.

-

-

-

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

I have been welding up the engine bay holes and going to finish cutting off the sway bar mounts then clean it all up with some bondo and have it sprayed to match the car.

Should be a clean deal once I get the new tubular k member flaming river rack and coil overs in along with my 5 lug conversion.

-

That is the hold up as I havent had the time and when I do it is hot as the desert out here. Once I finish tho it will go in for paint.

I just have the stock steering rack and suspension in it so that I dont get over spray or welding spackle on it.

Well a little progress.

Remember I dont know how to weld and am kinda learning as I go, which sux but I am hanging in there thanks to JP.

-

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

And of course my helper was out today!

-

-

-

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that rack and bump steer kit anywhere [Smile] looking good man

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:

Thanks, man.

I hear you are gonna be firing your beast up for the first time in a long time now that you got your heads and what not back??

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good. so when should it be ready for paint?

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who cares about the car, lets see more pics of the girl!!!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

That is true! Quit cock blocking and get us some better pics of her, with a tighter pair of shorts. If her face looks cool snap one of those, if not a behind the head, hair pic will work. P.S. Dont be a kawk blocker. P.S. He is ready for a power wheel!

[ July 18, 2008, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Dave50 ]

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

Thats my wife you queer.

If you want to stroke your meat to her, feel free.

Plenty of cats probably do it since she works for the california dream girls.

http://www.cadreamgirls.com/cheyenne.html

Anyway, thanks for the props on the car.

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:

Thanks, man.

I hear you are gonna be firing your beast up for the first time in a long time now that you got your heads and what not back??

Yup just put the heads on yesterday going back to the shop putting the intake headers on today the adjusting the valve should run by Sunday

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Thats my wife you queer.

Sheesh calm down man!! Looks like an all american barbie. Different strokes for different folks and I wouldn't be stroking it to her she's not my type and the look doesn't do anything for me. I like em dark and built like Vida. I gotta give her props on one thing though, she said her car is a 69 maro so she got good taste in cars!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats my wife you queer.

Sheesh calm down man!! Looks like an all american barbie. Different strokes for different folks and I wouldn't be stroking it to her she's not my type and the look doesn't do anything for me. I like em dark and built like Vida. I gotta give her props on one thing though, she said her car is a 69 maro so she got good taste in cars!
No harm, no foul. One day we will have a 69 camaro. Right now they are just priced too high.

--------------------

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro that body work on the quarter came out real nice you guys got some good talent there! Keep up the good work cant wait to see it all ready for paint! And than finished! Keep us posted... [patriot]
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
Hey bro that body work on the quarter came out real nice you guys got some good talent there! Keep up the good work cant wait to see it all ready for paint! And than finished! Keep us posted... [patriot]

Thanks man. I cant wait to get paint on it either!!!

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com