Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Updated progress pics of the project lx 7/17/8 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Updated progress pics of the project lx 7/17/8
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well,
Getting my car ready for the body work and paint also gonna have a 10 point and some frame ties installed and prolly have the WOLFE anti roll bar welded in at the same time. My buddy is a body man and is doing this on the side, on the cheap. See how the budget goes, times are a little tough right now for everyone but im still kickin, thought I would share because it is always fun to see the before and after pics of peoples builds. I can do pretty much all my own work except body work and weld, but Ill learn that too as I go along.

BOUGHT THE CAR CLOBBERED ON THE PASSENGERS SIDE DOOR AND QUARTER. RATHER THAN TRY TO FIX THE HAMMERED DOOR I FOUND ANOTHER NICE DOOR OFF OF A LOCAL ON HERE FOR $40. COULDNT PASS IT UP. I HUNG IT AND WILL ALIGN IT BETTER ONCE I GET THE FENDER ON BUT THAT IS JUST HANGING THERE SO I CAN PLUMB MY COLDSIDE OF MY TURBO.

-

REAR OF THE CAR, GONNA DRILL THE REINFORCEMENT OUT WITH A HOLE SAW ABOUT 100 TIMES TO LIGHTEN IT UP

-

GOT NEW 6 PIECE HEADLIGHT AND TRIM KIT, GONNA LOOK NICE WHEN INSTALLED. THESE ARE GONNA BE FREEBIES TO SOMEONE CONVERTING TO LATE MODEL SO I CAN HELP THEM DITCH THE GAY 4 EYE LOOK THAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO COVET NOWADAYS....GO FIGURE.

-

DRIVERS SIDE WAS/IS PERFECT WITH A TINY DENT ON THE FRONT DRIVER FENDER. BODY MAN WILL BE TAKING CARE OF ALL OF THAT AS WELL.

-

that is about it for now. more to come once i get the wiring out of the engine bay and the tubular k member in and the block/heads mocked up with my turbo parts...

stay tuned...but it will be awhile.

[ July 18, 2008, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are lucky to get John Paul to help you, what did you have to do to get him to work, LOL?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
You are lucky to get John Paul to help you, what did you have to do to get him to work, LOL?

I promised him a date with my sister in law..lol..

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

ur probably serious. i know people that have actually done that with them not even knowing. haha it pretty funny

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
quote:

ur probably serious. i know people that have actually done that with them not even knowing. haha it pretty funny
Nah, John is a pimp and he has a hard time keeping the hoes at bay...lol.

--------------------

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was my guess, he called my wife about hooking up your sister-in-law to take my wife's class in the Fall.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
quote:

Nah, John is a pimp and he has a hard time keeping the hoes at bay...lol.
[patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
That was my guess, he called my wife about hooking up your sister-in-law to take my wife's class in the Fall.

yeah he hooked it up.

--------------------

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lookin go so far but hey who is going to do the body work? im looking for a good source to do some work on my car. few small dings etc.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:
Lookin go so far but hey who is going to do the body work? im looking for a good source to do some work on my car. few small dings etc.

A buddy of mine. I had to trap him and put him in a cage in the corner of my garage with lots of beer and some cash, so I don't know how we would get him transported to your place. I can mention it to him, however.

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lookin good buddy! keep at it! this has been a good couple weeks for progress on all the cars over here too!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
lookin good buddy! keep at it! this has been a good couple weeks for progress on all the cars over here too!

Sic! Post some pics, I get a kick outta builds...

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet keep the pics coming..you have a Idea of when it will hit the streets?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

It will never hit the streets, as I have discussed previously, BUT I plan to try and get it up and runnng by next summer, unless the wifes plans to have another kid next year come through, then it will be another two years..but good things come to those who wait, I suppose.

Ill post pics of all the progress tho.

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Mine is all apart right now, new power adder/motor getting freshened/ 6spd to auto conversion....Rorys is done, just puttin the miles on before the tuning.

Here is our back yard
 -
 -
 -
 -

Thats just a few shots of mine and his right now. Nothin special, dont want to clog your thread! Good luck with everything!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:

Mine is all apart right now, new power adder/motor getting freshened/ 6spd to auto conversion....Rorys is done, just puttin the miles on before the tuning.

Here is our back yard
 -
 -
 -
 -

Thats just a few shots of mine and his right now. Nothin special, dont want to clog your thread! Good luck with everything!

Sic, dont worry about clogging a thread.

Your cars are light years ahead of mine!

Looking good !

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Mine could've been back running quite easily. But I can never leave shit alone. I just think I got serious with the wrong chassis. But fuck it who cares, there have been much faster drop tops than mine! see you around! tell JP whats up too

Jason

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool.

JP installed my h pipe, and he kicked my ass in go kart racing

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice project [patriot] What motor and turbo setup are you planning to run?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

It will never hit the streets, as I have discussed previously, BUT I plan to try and get it up and runnng by next summer, unless the wifes plans to have another kid next year come through, then it will be another two years..but good things come to those who wait, I suppose.

lol it was play on words...I ment when will it be done. Hopefully you will have better luck with yours then me on my 69.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Nice project [patriot] What motor and turbo setup are you planning to run?

I have a single turbo 351.

T70 with a/w intercooler.

Race gas only.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:

lol it was play on words...I ment when will it be done. Hopefully you will have better luck with yours then me on my 69.
Thanks.

I hope to atleast have it running 8/09.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

My buddy started the body work on the car today.

I learned alot and will tackle some small dents and what not on my car, but I was not ready for the metal reshaping that took place.

You can really see just how bad the prior damage was to the door and quarter panel, right on the quarter panel lip and rather than replace the door, I just bought another and hung it myself.

Prior damage to door:

-

Closeup after some work had already been done:

-

-

more:
 -

-

-

right before the bondo:

-

-

-

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

bondo rules!!

-

-

-

Some finishing touches by my son, Diesel!

-

Work I started doing myself on the door, while my buddy tackled the quarter:

-

Still more to do, but done for the day:
 -

-

I thought this was an interesting tool, which my buddy used to pull most of the lip and quarter out. It just welds these pull sticks on and then you slap hammer it out and cut them off. He says he has far superior tools at work, but these made due in my garage:

-

What I get to work on while this week passes and before he gets back out to my house this upcoming weekend. I get to try and get the dents outta the door.
I was bummed about the factory moulding, but he took it off pretty clean. A lot cleaner than I have ever been able to do.

Guess it just takes the right tool?

-

More to come. LOTS of body work going on then off to paint.

Thinking about a color change now, however.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dan can you ask where he got that puller, what brand and how much? I want to get one of those myself. Bought a MIG welder this weekend so my toolset is almost complete to take on a few paint jobs I have planned.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com