Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FUUUUCK buying a house (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FUUUUCK buying a house
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what the mother fuck!!! mortgage rates are down and my broker is trying to tell me they are up. we are so close the closing the deal and he pulls this shit thinking we wont go with another lender. Friend of my sister my ass, going to BofA to get the under six % rate. 6.25% my mother fuckin hairy polish ass. It doesn't matter if you know people, everyone wants to shaft you! MOTHER FUCKER, I'm so pissed off right now I can barley think strait FUCK.
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup when we bought our house 6 yrs ago they did the same thing. raised it right at the end. good luck an fight that shit. JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude this fuck is trying to raise it from 5.875 to 6.25 on the first and on the second from a 5.5 heloc to a locked 8.5!!!!

FUCK THIS SHIT

Refuse to go with this SOB. Hella mad

we got $15K in the bank, 756 credit score AND 10% down on top of the $15K. We should be getting the best motherfuckin rate out there right now. We are more than qualified for the LOWEST OF LOW rates. This fuckin snake.

[ March 25, 2008, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should just shop around yourself. lots of backdoor deals in the real estate market so a lot of times a realtor will take you to a certain lender not for your benefit but for his or her own. shop around bankrate.com to get an idea what the market is at now. you should be able to find your own deal w/out a leach of a realtor. lock in the deal once you get preapproved if youre confident with the rate.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm sent
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never bought a house. But I would never trust a broker. They are in the business for themselves of course. At least if you go to a major bank. Most of the times they will do what's best for the client.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Just threatend to walk on the whole deal and go somewhere else. Funny how things change when they find out they wont get shit if the client leaves. Got the Original loan I wanted from day one. This being the loan that was out of the question and wasn't "in our best interest" he said. Now today it's so easy to get,...hmmmmm wonder why.

Loan is a 90/10 at 6.25% fixed with no PMI's. Clean, simple and one loan at a decent fixed rate. I still think he could have given us a good 6.15% or even a 6% on the 90/10 but figured he's already going to be taking a loss on his commission going 6.25%.

My ONLY advise when buying a home is, DON'T TRUST ANYONE. All other advise is subject to change without noitice and is not valid unless put in writting and will expire after 72 hours. After the said 72 hours all fee's will increace ten percent unless it is deemed necesarry to rape you in the ass for further funds, which chances are this will be the case.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Just threatend to walk on the whole deal and go somewhere else. Funny how things change when they find out they wont get shit if the client leaves. Got the Original loan I wanted from day one. This being the loan that was out of the question and wasn't "in our best interest" he said. Now today it's so easy to get,...hmmmmm wonder why.

Loan is a 90/10 at 6.25% fixed with no PMI's. Clean, simple and one loan at a decent fixed rate. I still think he could have given us a good 6.15% or even a 6% on the 90/10 but figured he's already going to be taking a loss on his commission going 6.25%.

My ONLY advise when buying a home is, DON'T TRUST ANYONE. All other advise is subject to change without noitice and is not valid unless put in writting and will expire after 72 hours. After the said 72 hours all fee's will increace ten percent unless it is deemed necesarry to rape you in the ass for further funds, which chances are this will be the case.

not sure how you were able to pull a no pmi on a 90/10 w/out taking out a 2nd mortgage to make up the other 10%. hopefully you're not paying for points with this deal..far too many deals out there w/ low interest and 0points.

just the fact that this agent has been dicking you around with the deal would be enougn for me to walk away and say fuck you. there are way too many options out there so you should be able to shop around and get the service you demand. qualifying buyers are scarce today so these sharks should be bending over backwards to accomodate you to get the biz...like some real estate agents giving you a cut of the commission as the buyer if you go through with the sale.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I always say, "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its a duck". Walk regardless of what this person says. Very shady to try and pull this crap so late in the game. I dont know if you want a reference but I can hook you with one of the best loan officers out there. 30+ years in the biz and handled all my property purchases with class. And has her own realtor she works with which is a no non-sense type person....lmk. But definitely walk.
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A similar thing happened to us. We supposedly had a 'hook-up' and he was gonna get us a great interest rate, yadda yadda....
We walked at the last minute when we saw the fine print and realized he was gonna get $10,000 commission! We found our own loan through Countrywide and didn't pay any bs fees like that. Do NOT go with a broker! EVER!

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Dude this fuck is trying to raise it from 5.875 to 6.25 on the first and on the second from a 5.5 heloc to a locked 8.5!!!!

FUCK THIS SHIT

Refuse to go with this SOB. Hella mad

we got $15K in the bank, 756 credit score AND 10% down on top of the $15K. We should be getting the best motherfuckin rate out there right now. We are more than qualified for the LOWEST OF LOW rates. This fuckin snake.

I work for a bank(loan officer), and i can tell you that the rates today were at 6.25%. Do you happen to know when he locked in the interest rate? Usually when you lock its good for 30 days. It either sounds like this jackass didnt lock you in, or is trying to get a higher yield spread premium. Which means more money for him. Or this moron found out that a lot of the lenders out there are refusing to do equity lines for the second due to soft market policies and he had to move the loan somewhere else last minute. If you want to compare what my bank's rates are hit me up on PM and ill send a estimate, but if your in the middle of a purchase you may not have any choice but to stick with this guy so you dont fall out of escrow.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

90% with no PMI? Before you sign the paperwork you better spend at least 2 hours reviewing them, because if the loan goes over 80%LTV there is usually PMI, doesnt sound like a conforming loan. Make sure there is no prepay either. There is a chance the rates might go down in the next couple of months, especially with the prime rate at 5.25%.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guys, when you are dealing with this kind of money, there are absolutely no "hook-ups"

The best you can hope for is that you are not getting shafted imho...

Your sister works at Circuit City? Ya, you might get a hookup on some speakers. Dad works at Southwest Airlines? Ya, you might get 5% off your next flight.

Your best friend is a broker at Washington Mutual and is claiming he will hook you up on your conforming $400,000 30 year loan? You might as well ask him to include a Unicorn with the deal, cause it aign't gonna include anything out of the ordinary. Every penny is accounted for when dealing with home loans.

Best of luck to you with the purchase. And as was said, read the fine print. Is this your first house?

I just bought my first condo in August '07 in the Oakland Hills. I got in at 30 year fixed, 6.875% with 20% down at Wells fargo. I have since refinanced at 6.125%. Todays Wells Fargo 30 year conforming rate is 6.25% at WF. I could get it about 0.5% lower if I went with one of the private lenders, but quite frankly, they scare me because there is simply too much fine print. I rather pay a little more and stay with BofA, Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual, etc.

At least I know I won't get shafted or have prepayment penalties.

Watching it closely for another refinance...

[ March 25, 2008, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 with Luke

Best thing you can hope for is honest people that are pro-active in informing and helping. But always always read the fine print and never commit to anything if something is unclear.

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let your sis know that her "friend" is an asshole! And let him know as well [Big Grin] . Goodluck!

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

YUP situation up the air again. Fuck this guy, we walked. Have 10 days to sign our loan contingincy <---spelling. Hella fun. I'm sorry guys but I'm not going to take any more references of lenders. No offence, I'm sure you can understand lol. [patriot]

[ March 26, 2008, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

I think it takes some balls to walk from a deal gone bad. Most people will stick it out and sign anything in front of them, because they get so emotionally attached to the house. Homeownership is a big deal, and if your not completely comfortable with your payment then under all circumstances its not a good move to go forward. Too many people out there got sucked into this belief that you have to own a house at all costs and were willing to sign their life away to feel adequate. Look at all of those people now!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
I think it takes some balls to walk from a deal gone bad. Most people will stick it out and sign anything in front of them, because they get so emotionally attached to the house. Homeownership is a big deal, and if your not completely comfortable with your payment then under all circumstances its not a good move to go forward. Too many people out there got sucked into this belief that you have to own a house at all costs and were willing to sign their life away to feel adequate. Look at all of those people now!

+1....I walk on anything if I dont feel it. Anything from cars to houses. If I dont like it I am prepared to walk. My wife dont even take off her coat when we got to places like dealerships or house stuff.

I think you are doing the best thing. And I feel you on referrals. Sometimes you just have to find your own person you are comfortable with.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

It's a little scarry walking at this point. We have to pay for the appraisal still $350. BofA says they pay for their own appraisal. Even if we had to pay for it twice its chump change when it comes down to it. Just cause my sister knows this guy and we are only days away from having to sign the loan contingency I feel so relieved we walked. As soon as we were "in contract" shit started jumping all over the place with the lender. Both me and the wife said FUCK THIS SHIT!! Thanks for the support guys. I have an appointment @ bank of america today so if all goes well we will go through them. Brokers are cool if you barley qualify becuase they will squeeze you in by your balls...but if you are a well qualified buyer, then there is no need for them.

Dude e-mailed me said no hard feelings and offered the appraisal to be sent to whatever lender we end up going with. Thats cool and all but I'll just be sending him the appraisal check and paying for another on if needed. I don't want anything from him now. Wont burn the bridge but I'll cut the loss.

Wish me luck today. I'll still be signing the loan contingency in ten days weather we have a finalized loan or not LMAO! I should go to vegas after all this shit cause buying a house is a major gamble.

But hardball is the name of the game. We want to take advantage of the market right now so the house we found was originally listed at $620K then they lowered it down to $550K. That is when we went to look at it. I low balled them hard and they came back with $525K. I stuck to my lowball offer and they went to $515K. Again I stuck to my offer never going up and they went to $490K. I told my realator we are walking unless they take my original offer. Low and behold we are in contract for $480K. House is NOT a repo or short sale. So if we can land a house at $140K less than the original asking price then there is no way I'm going to get shafted on the loan we get. Hence taking advantage of the market right now, in all areas being house price and loan rates.

that was long LOL

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

You may run into a problem with the loan amount being over 417K. You could either have a jumbo loan at 90% with PMI, or depending on the lender's policy you might have a 80-10-10, or Bank of America has what's called their Mortgage Plus which may go the full 90%. The rate might be a little jacked up on that program though. I'm guessing you'll probably have to go with the 90% with PMi, but remember PMI is now tax deductable and can be removed(Depending on the lender guidelines). B of A is a solid lender, and if you cant find a payment you can afford with them, you probably wont find it anywhere else. All lenders rates and programs are determined by the secondary market. Stay away from the broker!
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
You may run into a problem with the loan amount being over 417K. You could either have a jumbo loan at 90% with PMI, or depending on the lender's policy you might have a 80-10-10, or Bank of America has what's called their Mortgage Plus which may go the full 90%. The rate might be a little jacked up on that program though. I'm guessing you'll probably have to go with the 90% with PMi, but remember PMI is now tax deductable and can be removed(Depending on the lender guidelines). B of A is a solid lender, and if you cant find a payment you can afford with them, you probably wont find it anywhere else. All lenders rates and programs are determined by the secondary market. Stay away from the broker!

Technically we will would do a 89.5/10.5 to avoid PMI. The rate may be a bit higher but will still be less than homeboy.
Also bank of america is still doing second mortgages until the the first of April. We may be able to get a low rate fixed second. Idealy I'm fighting for a 5.7% first and a 6.5% second, bothing being fixed rates. If we do the 90/10 I'm hopeing for a 6.25% fixed rate.

These rates are out there so I don't see why we wouldn't get them.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about what happened, hope you find someone to help you out to get the house.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

[/QUOTE]Technically we will would do a 89.5/10.5 to avoid PMI. The rate may be a bit higher but will still be less than homeboy.
Also bank of america is still doing second mortgages until the the first of April. We may be able to get a low rate fixed second. Idealy I'm fighting for a 5.7% first and a 6.5% second, bothing being fixed rates. If we do the 90/10 I'm hopeing for a 6.25% fixed rate.

These rates are out there so I don't see why we wouldn't get them. [/QB][/QUOTE]

There you go! Get that app in now, because my bank axed those seconds in california at least. Today may not be a bad day to lock either, our bank shows 6.l25 no points or 5.75% with .75 in points. If your going with the 30 fixed, the 3/4 point will be worth it, if you plan on keeping the house for more than 3 years. Check out this website for figuring out payments and such. It also gives you a blended rate.

http://www.hughchou.org/calc/blended.php

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude,
I don't have a 750 credit score and I just got a 30 year fixed rate at 5.25%, tell them to pound sand.

I don't pay PMI, however.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Leaving right now to B of A. Wish me luck!

Yup our first house and thus far the whole experiance fuckin blows.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com