Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FUUUUCK buying a house (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FUUUUCK buying a house
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you guys ever heard of www.naca.com ? There are a few guys at work that have used them. The only drawback I see is they only can get you into a 450000 house here in Alameda county.Check it out, Id love to see you guys pick it apart..... That will save me the time [Wink]
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's PMI ??
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
what's PMI ??

private mortgage insurance. when your loan to value is not a certain amount they tack that on to your payment. I believe its usually 80% LTV.

[ March 27, 2008, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B of A still does 80/10/10 until the 1st of April. Last night we locked in the rate of 5.875% for our first and a 7.5% for our second,...both being a locked rate for the deration of the loan. Our closing costs are $5k less than they were going to be.

FINALLY!! But I'm not going to hang up the gloves just yet. April 25 we should get keys. Only then will I be happy.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:
Have you guys ever heard of <a href="http://www.naca.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.naca.com</a> ? There are a few guys at work that have used them. The only drawback I see is they only can get you into a 450000 house here in Alameda county.Check it out, Id love to see you guys pick it apart..... That will save me the time [Wink]

quickly glimpsed at the site at work. there has to be some sort of catch with this. 5% fixed 30 loan, 0 points is unheard of today.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck man. What are you gaining by going with a split loan may I ask? All my purchases have been 1 loan so I never encountered this.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
good luck man. What are you gaining by going with a split loan may I ask? All my purchases have been 1 loan so I never encountered this.

its not so much for the borrower but for the main lender.
its done as protection to the main lender doing the 80%. a bank would do the 90/10 if pmi in involved but most new home buyers would rather sacrifice the higher rate 2nd mortgage to fund the 10% to avoid pmi. in the past pmi was non tax deductable but now it is.

hey jdub. if you want more advice i woudl suggest posting on trulia. always good to get as much info as u can...buying a house is a huge step obviously and u dont want to get burned by not reading the fine print... them stack of papers u gotta sign at the escrow office is scary. u may be signing ur life away in the fine print..lol jp

[ March 27, 2008, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Just like Venomous says, anything over 80% would require PMI but also in jdubs case a single loan of the 90% will run you into the jumbo rates. Jumbo rates have been garbage, even with fannie mae picking some of the loans up over 417K. The rates for jumbo have been typically running a percent and 1/4 higher than a conforming loan amount >417K. Also any loans that were done in the past five years, you know stated income one loan to 100% with no PMI have been pretty much been wiped out because nobody on wall st are willing to buy the loans. So the majority of loan programs that are left are the conforming loans, which due to all the defaults doesnt seem like a bad idea now.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com