Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ready for UFC Sat night::WOW SUPRISE??? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ready for UFC Sat night::WOW SUPRISE???
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He got stuck in the chin then fell, i thought it was a flash knockdown. True, points are points but i just thought it was week that he was avoiding him and the end then ended it with a takedown. Good fight even with the takedown.

GSP looked like he was from another world, he might not be beat for years to come.

Silva v. Henderson is going to be insane

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True i can not wait unil Henderson and silva.

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i look at it like this, these guys train for 3 months for a fight. so when they knock someone out it isn't luck. it hard work and training. with this lvl of fighters any one can be a victim.... just my .02

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
I give Silva more props than Chuck... Silva droped Chuck and let him get back up, Chuck ends the fight running away and then goes for a takedown in the last seconds. I honestly lost some respect for Chuck when he took him down at the end in a stand up fight

now if this was in pride japan's old rules, wanderlei would've ran right after him with some soccer kicks & heel stomps to his face fo sho! again what i'm saying-ufc rules suck! especially for wanderlei & shogun!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we all know you like sera. But when you go in swinging and kicking. You always hope you hit them before they hit you. Yes they Train for months But you do not know exactly what going to happen. It usally comes down to who gets the lucky punch or who did not put thier gaurd up fast enough. If GSP stood the and let Serra hit him he would knock GSP out. AND If Serra stood the and let GSP hit him he would knock Serra out.I am not saying Serra is not good Because he is :::Thats why he has the belt::: But he got that lucky hit on GSP. Next time i look for GSP to take him to the ground and try to winn from the ground. You have to admit he was A++++++ the ground against Hughes. Hughes did nott have a chance. It is all being in the right place at the right time.

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
we all know you like sera. But when you go in swinging and kicking. You always hope you hit them before they hit you. Yes they Train for months But you do not know exactly what going to happen. It usally comes down to who gets the lucky punch or who did not put thier gaurd up fast enough. If GSP stood the and let Serra hit him he would knock GSP out. AND If Serra stood the and let GSP hit him he would knock Serra out.I am not saying Serra is not good Because he is :::Thats why he has the belt::: But he got that lucky hit on GSP. Next time i look for GSP to take him to the ground and try to winn from the ground. You have to admit he was A++++++ the ground against Hughes. Hughes did nott have a chance. It is all being in the right place at the right time.

yeah he was. i'm not taken anything from gsp he look sick. and i can't wait for him to fight serra. that way we know if it was luck or if he just has gsp number. again mad props to gsp. it isn't easy to make a hall of famer look like it was his first day. [worship]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

yeah he was. i'm not taken anything from gsp he look sick. and i can't wait for him to fight serra. that way we know if it was luck or if he just has gsp number. again mad props to gsp. it isn't easy to make a hall of famer look like it was his first day. [worship]
I'm confident in saying that Hughes would own Serra if they fought. We all know what happened the last two times that GSP has fought Hughes. So how is it that Serra would whip GSP's ass?

As for UFC rules......yes they do suck. Yes fighters are very limited with what they can and cannot do. I would really like to see some Pride rules carried over into the UFC such as:

Kneeing a downed opponent & head stomps.

Scccer kicks to a downed opponent's head a little much for UFC rules though.

I think that it would vastly help fighters who dominated in Pride transition easier into the UFC as well as help in aiding fighters already fighting within the UFC. It's effected Cro-Cop, Rua and Silva (three of Pride's best fighters). It would have been interesting to see if Fedor had come to the Octagon how he would have handled the transition.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
being a couch blackbelt (thanks warhorse58gt) I won't talk too much in this post, but I can't wait until Serras next fight so we can all see that he can't even measure up. I was dumbfounded when he got the belt with what I consider a lucky punch. I dont see that happening again. You usually only win the lottery once.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

I'm confident in saying that Hughes would own Serra if they fought. We all know what happened the last two times that GSP has fought Hughes. So how is it that Serra would whip GSP's ass?

As for UFC rules......yes they do suck. Yes fighters are very limited with what they can and cannot do. I would really like to see some Pride rules carried over into the UFC such as:

Kneeing a downed opponent & head stomps.

Scccer kicks to a downed opponent's head a little much for UFC rules though.

I think that it would vastly help fighters who dominated in Pride transition easier into the UFC as well as help in aiding fighters already fighting within the UFC. It's effected Cro-Cop, Rua and Silva (three of Pride's best fighters). It would have been interesting to see if Fedor had come to the Octagon how he would have handled the transition.

are you kidding me?
no way should head stomps, soccer kicks or knees to the head of a downed fighter ever be legal!!
why not let them use baseball bats to the head?
thats trying to get some one brain damage.

ok every one knows i fly the serra flag.
but he got the belt for a reason. and that was he knocked out gsp. so to say how can he whoop gsp ass. is lame. he already did. is it fluke? we will see.

now i want him to fight matt hughes.
i want to see him smash hughes. now will he/ can he? i belive so, you guys don't. but thats why they fight the fights. so we know who will win.
every one said sho gun was going to wreck forrest, but didn't happen. or chuck/keith.
again it is going to be a good year for ufc/mma fights. there are so many good fights that i hope/pray will happen.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want to see him smash hughes. now will he/ can he? i belive so, you guys don't. but thats why they fight the fights. so we know who will win.
every one said sho gun was going to wreck forrest, but didn't happen. or chuck/keith.
again it is going to be a good year for ufc/mma fights. there are so many good fights that i hope/pray will happen. [/QB][/QUOTE]

u better keep praying then buddy, if u think serra will beat hughes or gsp again! lol [Razz] just kiddin brah [Big Grin] wanna make this fun? lets place some bets yall! i got my money on hughes or gsp. hopefully they don't get caught with that lucky punch again! ur right tho, u just never know. i would've lost all my money fo sho-bettin on shogun over forrest & chuck over jardine!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
again it is going to be a good year for ufc/mma fights. there are so many good fights that i hope/pray will happen.

u better keep praying then buddy, if u think serra will beat hughes or gsp again! lol [Razz] just kiddin brah [Big Grin] wanna make this fun? lets place some bets yall! i got my money on hughes or gsp. hopefully they don't get caught with that lucky punch again! ur right tho, u just never know. i would've lost all my money fo sho-bettin on shogun over forrest & chuck over jardine! [/QB][/QUOTE]

i'm a broke bitch. but when either gsp or hughes throws down with serra, i'm down to bet some $.
and ufc says serra over gsp #1 upset of 2007. [Big Grin]

[ December 31, 2007, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$50 that Hughes would handle Serra.

$100 that GSP would handle Serra.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com