Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What happened to CA Fords? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What happened to CA Fords?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u guys think CAFORDS is getting bad, look at this Thread from Sacpower, which is a local sacramento forum.....This is just bullshit...

http://sacpower.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

[ November 21, 2007, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
Im relatively new on here too, been a member since only march, but even in the short time ive been on here Ive noticed a change too....Most of the folks that Ive met on here, especially the Sacramento heads, rarely post on here anymore...Hell, folks arent even down to cruise anymore. I planned a cruise last saturday & only got a couple of replies, & only two other mustangs besides streakMatt & myself showed up...the cruise only ended up being myself & matt, & caliboy rolled with me to catch some flicks....I guess u cant get cruises to have a good turnout unless your name is Jessie P...LOL!!!!

Hell no you can't cruise anymore. The cops have killed that, wait let me fix that. The stupid ass kids that think they're the shit have killed that by street racing or flooring there dumb ass Honda everywhere. It was cool back in the day cruising Sunrise, I think thats what I miss most about mustangs.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
It was cool back in the day cruising Sunrise, I think thats what I miss most about mustangs.

Me too, its actually sad everytime I think of how it use to be. [Frown]

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If u guys think CAFORDS is getting bad, look at this Thread from Sacpower, which is a local sacramento forum.....This is just bullshit...

http://sacpower.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Link doesn't work.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It happens. Caford's website doesn't have a mind of its own. Its the people that post that carve how the website is viewed. I sought Cafords as an alternative to corral.net just to get ideas and or information from guys that were local to me(still a member or corral.net since 1999 so I have been into mustangs before some of you guys were even driving:). Nowadays I see Cafords as the "Jerry Springer" of mustang websites(entertaining some times, but dull most of the time. Mustang tech is kind of thin and a lot of times the major posts are about people getting ripped off or some general..I mean REAL general questions like what oil to use or where to get gears done. I mean that is like reinventing the wheel at best [Roll Eyes]

So what do to...how about making suggestions to the mods to clean some of the crap off of the site...I have some suggestions:

*Change the "Street Racing" section name to just "Kills". The kill section is about kills..not about how we can all decipher ebonics and at the same time meet up for a street race at some undesiginated area. If you want to hook up for some safe speed testing pm each other and leave it off of the forums.

*Add a "Tech/Tune" section that involves the current tuners (ie tweecer, pms, Aem, whatever).

*The "General" section should be mustang related..nothing else. If you want to say F the raiders or niners then go to a football website. What does football have to do with mustangs?

*Make a rule for this website...how about being nice to each other:confused:

I have a bunch more, but I don't want to harp on you guys if nobody is listening [Cool]

[ November 21, 2007, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
quote:

Link doesn't work.
Are u sure??? It works for me...

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link doesn't work.
probably because you are registered on the site [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Link doesn't work.
probably because you are registered on the site [Razz]
How do I make a link then???

--------------------

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The link is fine. You need to be a registered member to view it.

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179 *pbr*:
The link is fine. You need to be a registered member to view it.

That sux, because I wanted all yall to see it...Cmon Chris, use your computer saviness to make it work LOL!!!

[ November 21, 2007, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah, not today [Razz]

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179 *pbr*:
nah, not today [Razz]

LOL!!!

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I've seen somewhat of a cut off point. Member 5k and up seem to be 90% (means not all) of the problem members so to speak.

couldn't agree more. you know what's funny, when you see members in the 6k calling OTHERS newbies.. and they've been here for less than a year and think they are tough shit.
No kidding. Ya, many parts of the site have changed alot. Its weird being here for so long yet not knowing half of the people who post on here.
Jon,
You guys should have a X-mas party. It can be a meet the new members and car show in one [Big Grin]

[ November 21, 2007, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: TRY2PAZ ]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a thread of this nature about once every year or so. More drama less car talk. Also everyone I know that are into cars only play at the track. We have all been busted when we were young, as we get older we put a lot more at risk.

The sideshows have ruined the 5.0, they are so cheap the crowd that is buying them to say the least is not a good crowd. Every 5.0 you see is thrashed, I can't remember the last time I saw a clean one.

[ November 21, 2007, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: RiddlerGT ]

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:

*The "General" section should be mustang related..nothing else. If you want to say F the raiders or niners then go to a football website. What does football have to do with mustangs?

Damn, so where am I going to post then [Frown] [Razz] ? The need like a Lounge or something similar where you post about ANYTHING.

[ November 22, 2007, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Damn, so where am I going to post then [Frown] [Razz] ? The need like a Lounge or something similar where you post about ANYTHING.
I agree with you....
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
LS1EATR
¯
Member # 2702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LS1EATR  Ford pictures for LS1EATR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam sideshow [Mad]

--------------------
"IF U CAN SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS
U MUST BE DRIVING A "CHEVY"
NORCALSVTOA
A.E.D
98 Cobra BAB SOLD

Posts: 1193 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I've seen somewhat of a cut off point. Member 5k and up seem to be 90% (means not all) of the problem members so to speak.

couldn't agree more. you know what's funny, when you see members in the 6k calling OTHERS newbies.. and they've been here for less than a year and think they are tough shit.
No kidding. Ya, many parts of the site have changed alot. Its weird being here for so long yet not knowing half of the people who post on here.
Jon,
You guys should have a X-mas party. It can be a meet the new members and car show in one [Big Grin]

What Out here? We can play whit some ideas, but location is a question.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ehh... just want to see what number I am.
Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah,
Location would be a tuff one. You will always get some idiot burning out ruining it for everyone, just like old days [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jon,

What Out here? We can play whit some ideas, but location is a question.
JON, that one meet at livermore an run was cool. about two or three years ago
Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I was thinking about doing that one. Lets see what we can put together with short notice. I will start something in the events section later on it.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Pro71bird
¯
Member # 7844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro71bird  Ford pictures for Pro71bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Why would the "General" section be only mustang related? Isn't this site California Fords? It's not California Mustangs???? although thats the vibe lately. IMO

--------------------
George
1973 Camaro
2002 SVT Lightning

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like CAfords.. [patriot]
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Im relatively new on here too, been a member since only march, but even in the short time ive been on here Ive noticed a change too....Most of the folks that Ive met on here, especially the Sacramento heads, rarely post on here anymore...Hell, folks arent even down to cruise anymore. I planned a cruise last saturday & only got a couple of replies, & only two other mustangs besides streakMatt & myself showed up...the cruise only ended up being myself & matt, & caliboy rolled with me to catch some flicks....I guess u cant get cruises to have a good turnout unless your name is Jessie P...LOL!!!!

Hell no you can't cruise anymore. The cops have killed that, wait let me fix that. The stupid ass kids that think they're the shit have killed that by street racing or flooring there dumb ass Honda everywhere. It was cool back in the day cruising Sunrise, I think thats what I miss most about mustangs.
it's the honda owners that are ruining cruises? did you miss the freeway sideshow a few weeks back? ive talked to/seen more idiot domestic car owners than honda owners.

there was a local meet in fairfield. it was stopped because some idiot in a chevy truck was doing burnouts. i mean, it wasn't even cool or anything. the truck sounded like shit and it was a peg-legger [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com