Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Turbo Fox Dyno Results (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Turbo Fox Dyno Results
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I was hoping to crack 400rwhp but today wasn't the day. I did manage 381rhwp @ 5100rpm and 401ft/tq @ 4600rpm. All runs were at 19psi on a Mustang Dyno and I was able to drive her home as nothing broke [Smile] Converted to flywheel horsepower I'm looking around the 475/500hp range and about 550rw/tq. I was hoping to split the block in half by trying to make more boost but the turbo wouldn't make for than 19psi.

I want to give a special thanks to Robs Machine Shop in Hayward, Ca as there were some technical glitches when I first got on the dyno and at first I thought I wasn't going to be able to run my car. But as they were unstrapping the car because they didn't think they were going to get the dyno working properly they fixed the problem and I was able to make my runs.

I have video but it will be a couple of weeks before I get it up. Here are some pics:
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

Posts: 361 | From: Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
19psi on a stock bottom end? Niiiiice, and it didnt blow up!

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice... congrats [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very impressive, congrats. [patriot]

[ August 02, 2007, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: phat50 ]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TURBOGT  Ford pictures for TURBOGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys [patriot]

--------------------
when u want some, u know where to get some... http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=41851.0

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What size turbo?

at 19 psi you are probably creatibg heat instead of power. You might make more power at 14psi.

Eric

PS when you get a chance look up the flow chart. I am pretty positive that turbo will be way out of its effecincy range at that PSI with the CFM requirments of a V8

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock HGs??

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PS looks awsome B&G turbo kit I presume.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
95slow50
¯
Member # 2804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95slow50  Ford pictures for 95slow50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice... any aftermarket h/c/i?

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT 5-Speed

Posts: 126 | From: El Dorado Hills/San Diego | Registered: May 2003  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should be making waaaay more than that @ 19 lbs.

[Confused]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stock engine?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
What size turbo?

at 19 psi you are probably creatibg heat instead of power. You might make more power at 14psi.

Eric

PS when you get a chance look up the flow chart. I am pretty positive that turbo will be way out of its effecincy range at that PSI with the CFM requirments of a V8

Sorry guys I don't know how to answer multiple quotes in the same reply so I'll answer each question one by one.

It's a T-67 and to be a 100% honest I'm not sure anymore of what wheels are in it but when I went from 15psi to 19psi there was a big seat of the pants feel when driving the car. If I would have up the boost and not felt anything different I would have put it back to 15psi. I think I gained about 50hp from adding 4psi.

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Stock HGs??

Yes. The motor is all factory ford from the throttle body to the oil pan with 165k on it.

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
PS looks awsome B&G turbo kit I presume.

No it's a system I put together. It consists of:

1 5/8" JBA Headers turned around
2 1/2" crossover
3" Downpipe
44mm Tial Wastegate
E-bay intercooler
Summit 3" and 2.5" Steel piping for all the intake plumbing

I did copy there design though [Smile]

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by 95slow50:
Nice... any aftermarket h/c/i?

No it's all stock Ford parts

--------------------

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow so you just slapped on a turbo? great numbers i guess
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:

[Confused]

Dyno numbers are different from dyno to dyno. Mustang dynos read lower numbers but I prefer to use them because they provide a true load to the engine when making a pull. I could have gone on a dynojet and made bigger numbers but my boost would come in way later and it's not a very good tool to get a close baseline for the street. I'm not bashing on other dynos but in my opinion a mustang dyno will get a tune the closest to a real world simulation.

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
wow so you just slapped on a turbo? great numbers i guess

I wish it was that easy [Wink]

--------------------

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive read on turbomustangs people making over 600rwhp on completely stock engines and smaller turbos...hmmm, maybe they used a different type of dyno, also is your car auto? maybe you lost some hp there...stil nice set up tho... [worship]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:

[Confused]

Also just wanted to say that I'm running a lentech AOD also which robs alot more horsepower than a 5-speed.

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
ive read on turbomustangs people making over 600rwhp on completely stock engines and smaller turbos...hmmm, maybe they used a different type of dyno, also is your car auto? maybe you lost some hp there...stil nice set up tho... [worship]

That was where I got the idea for my project. I was going to build a 331/AFR heads/R302/blah,blah,blah but I decided to try and grenade the stock motor and see if I could make the numbers those guys claimed. I think if they were on certain dynos and running through a 5-speed that the numbers they claim are a possibility. But dyno numbers are one thing. If the car can go to the track and run a ET or mph that matches with what the dyno says then it's all good. But if all they have is dyno numbers, your not really proving anything.

--------------------

TURBOGT
¯
Member # 234

Here are some buildup pics:
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gotcha, makes more sense now. You would prolly gain a whole lot of everything with some nice heads and intake.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good #'s. Lockup or non lock converter?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

95slow50
¯
Member # 2804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95slow50  Ford pictures for 95slow50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn those are some good numbers for such a high mileage stock 5.0L. where do you buy that stuff you wrap your headers/piping at?

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT 5-Speed

Posts: 126 | From: El Dorado Hills/San Diego | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com