Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dealership Rip Off (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dealership Rip Off
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
I've said this over and over again: some of the biggest snakes on the planet can be found at the car dealer ( especially the finance department).

You people need to learn that that going through life sucking the dicks of the car dealers and the banks by messing around with car payments is a fuckin stupid thing to do because shit like this can happen to you. If you pay cash for a vehicle instead of financing it, you will protect your self from getting fucked up the ass by the car dealers.

By the way, I worked at a car dealer for many years and saw first hand all the crooked shit the finance department did so I speak from experience. [Big Grin]

dude i swear its your life long mission to let the world know that financing is not the way to go(in your opinion) i have some news for you buddy. not everyone can afford to shell out 30k for a car(not speaking for mysef) and therefore, resort to financing through a bank. as long as you finance responsibly and not beyond your means it can be worth while.

as far as the dude who got hustled. we all make mistakes when we're young and learn from it. get the specifics of the contract. something tells me dude either financed under a real high interest rate or was dooped into signing for a long term lease in favor of having low payments with the residual value at the end of the lease terms being too high. personally, i prefer buying from a private party as you can bargain the selling price more. private parties usually are not looking to make a profit so you end up getting a much better price than fair market.

I don't believe he said everyone has 30k cash to buy cars, but if you need to make payments on a car whether they are large or small it's a waste of money, buy a car within your means that you can afford to pay cash for, there is no arguing that this is the best way to go. Some people with $500 a month payments and $150 for insurance can easily buy a $3500 car that looks and runs good for the same price of 6 months payments, and pocket the remaining 42-54 months of $650 payments, car payments just don't add up at all, no matter how you look at it, unless they are on 0% financing and you are using it to build your credit, but if you got 0% financing your credit is fine, etc. etc. etc.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
I've said this over and over again: some of the biggest snakes on the planet can be found at the car dealer ( especially the finance department).

You people need to learn that that going through life sucking the dicks of the car dealers and the banks by messing around with car payments is a fuckin stupid thing to do because shit like this can happen to you. If you pay cash for a vehicle instead of financing it, you will protect your self from getting fucked up the ass by the car dealers.

By the way, I worked at a car dealer for many years and saw first hand all the crooked shit the finance department did so I speak from experience. [Big Grin]

dude i swear its your life long mission to let the world know that financing is not the way to go(in your opinion) i have some news for you buddy. not everyone can afford to shell out 30k for a car(not speaking for mysef) and therefore, resort to financing through a bank. as long as you finance responsibly and not beyond your means it can be worth while.

as far as the dude who got hustled. we all make mistakes when we're young and learn from it. get the specifics of the contract. something tells me dude either financed under a real high interest rate or was dooped into signing for a long term lease in favor of having low payments with the residual value at the end of the lease terms being too high. personally, i prefer buying from a private party as you can bargain the selling price more. private parties usually are not looking to make a profit so you end up getting a much better price than fair market.

I don't believe he said everyone has 30k cash to buy cars, but if you need to make payments on a car whether they are large or small it's a waste of money, buy a car within your means that you can afford to pay cash for, there is no arguing that this is the best way to go. Some people with $500 a month payments and $150 for insurance can easily buy a $3500 car that looks and runs good for the same price of 6 months payments, and pocket the remaining 42-54 months of $650 payments, car payments just don't add up at all, no matter how you look at it, unless they are on 0% financing and you are using it to build your credit, but if you got 0% financing your credit is fine, etc. etc. etc.
point is financing is not as bad as he makes it out to be. yes, you pay interest but you're able to buy a car thats newer with less headaches assuming you're reasonsable assessing how much you can afford. for some. settling for a 3k bucket is not acceptable and one would rather pay the extra 2k interest over the course of a 5year term to drive a newer car that in the end would require less maintenance generally speaking. again, this guy makes it like financing and banks should be avoided like the plague when in realty it's not bad at all AGAIN, if done responsibly. we're not talking about a car payment that exceeds 50% of your net income or financing a car at 10% apr.

[ May 23, 2007, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy is pob. paying 60k for his tacoma he has shitty credit truck was 37k sticker (lifted wheels tires) new at 19 percent intrest!! crazy

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt
Blue 17'' 1993 Cobra wheels

Posts: 314 | From: Vacaville Ca | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL go buy a house and then look how much you actualy will end up paying after 30 years it will make you cry.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
LOL go buy a house and then look how much you actualy will end up paying after 30 years it will make you cry.

Houses tend to increase in value (current market state excluding), where as automobiles rapidly decrease in value.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

yeah but the biggest difference there is that you can report the interest paid on your mortgage, not a car.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
r u sure the guy is not paying some high interest on the loan and you do have to pay tax lic. doc fees ect. he's probably got bad credit and once you sighn the papers and take the car home for more than 1 day theirs a thing called no cooling off period in CA its posted in every dealership . basicaly he's screwed

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its always smart to pay little extra every month on your car payment to knock some off the ballance if you pay the min. the interest will kill you

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gt1990gt:
my boy is pob. paying 60k for his tacoma he has shitty credit truck was 37k sticker (lifted wheels tires) new at 19 percent intrest!! crazy

a 19% rate on a 37k truck?! What the f*ck was he thinking?! [Eek!] That's just damned retarded.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys, damn no I know hes not the first one to get fucked like that. Man he payed 2,000 down payment and it's time to make a first payment. I told him, "are u f'ng serious?" so I just gave him the advice to not make a first payment, fuck them they NEED to take that truck back. He already lost them $2,000 I'm almost positive!

--------------------
*NorCal

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
Hayward ford got $5000 more outta me then i was orginally told i fuckin hate that place hope the next terrorist attack is right into that fuckin building

What a trash ass fucking comment.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT if you think it is financially wise to shell out the full amount of a vehicle, rather than finance it.

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would pay cash instead of financing at 5-6%. Take the cash and invest it for 10-15%.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Why would pay cash instead of financing at 5-6%. Take the cash and invest it for 10-15%.

SOMEONE HAS A FUCKING CLUE [Eek!]

--------------------

platinumplus
¯
Member # 2249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for platinumplus  Ford pictures for platinumplus    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
read this stuff it might help

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/misc/leasing.html

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/misc/suedealer.html

Posts: 402 | From: SanJose CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
Hayward ford got $5000 more outta me then i was orginally told i fuckin hate that place hope the next terrorist attack is right into that fuckin building [Roll Eyes] with that said i went to folsom ford on friday very pleased with my experience there [patriot]

Hopefully I'm not at work the day that happens [Frown]
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by gt1990gt:

a 19% rate on a 37k truck?! What the f*ck was he thinking?! [Eek!] That's just damned retarded.
Wow must have been a nice Tacoma. I kept clawing and scratching to get them to agree on my 07 Tacoma Trd for 25k otd, at 7& financing after a decent down payment. I feel that I am already spending a good chunk of change let alone paying 60k for a Tacoma.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like it was previously stated, unless he's signed a new contract...walk away and say thanks.

And can I get a [Whoo Whooooo!] for 0% financing??

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com