Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » United States Marine Corps

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: United States Marine Corps
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good morning everyone. It is 0740 here in Quantico, Virginia at The Basic School...

Oh wait, I forgot to mention some important information!

I was recently commissioned in the United States Marine Corps (December 15th, 2006) as a Second Lieutenant. That's right, I went through Officer Candidates School for 10 weeks, which has a 45% attrition rate... Yes, it is Friggin' HARD! Now I'm at The Basic School where I am learning everything the Marine Corps needs an Officer to know... and this training is 23 weeks. Around week 18, I will "earn" my MOS (based upon many different factors, i.e.: grades, leadership skills, tactical performance, etc) and then, after MOS training at my next duty station, I will hit the Fleet Marine Force as a 100% ready and capable Officer of Marines; shortly thereafter, I'll be heading to the War on Terrorism (Iraq). Also, the Marine Corps is the ONLY branch of ANY military in the WORLD to have TBS for it's newly commission officers. Yet another reason why the Corps is THE BEST fighting force on this planet.

I am proud of my accomplishments thus far and I wanted to share my experience with all of you. God Bless America and The United States Marine Corps.
OOORAH! [patriot]

And yes, I still have my 88 LX... which will be getting a nice little DOHC transplant soon [burnout]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is just to much Motardness for me bro. [Big Grin]

Congradulations on your commission! Keep us posted on your MOS stuff. You aint shit unless your an 03 [Big Grin] Everything else is just support. [Wink]

Semper Fi
[patriot] CPL 0331
1990-1994

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, I didnt know you were going in. Was that always your plan?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!

you have accomplished my main goal in life...i only have 2 more semesters in school then i get my degree(s).

ive got some questions to pm you if you dont mind...but not right now i have to get to work [Frown]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sharkattack: Infantry is my 5th overall choice out of 23. However, tanks and "the king" (arty) are my first two choices. You're right though; the Corps is based on the 03 MOS and I am DAMN proud to be a part of that family.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Dag302: No, this wasn't always my plan after college. Law enforcement was my original goal BUT, the Marine Corps opened up opportunities that nothing else would ever afford me. The rest is history, as they say. [Big Grin]

t top freak: PM me whenever you need information/answers to questions you may have. OCS is fresh memory in my brain housing group and TBS is my current focus. I am more than happy to give you information on one or both of them. One piece of advice: Work HARD at everything you do; physically, mentally, and emotionally. If you don't, you WILL NOT be prepared for the road ahead.

2nd Lt. Kimsey, N. V. [patriot]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on your accomplishment. The Corps has the least amount of officers of any of our armed forces so that says quite a bit about the type of person that you are to be selected for OCS.

Semper Fi

Watch your six once you're abroad.

[ January 11, 2007, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man. The military and such was never for me. But I do appreciate those who choose to make that sacrifice so that I may be here typing this up in complete freedom. Much love and respect. God Bless you and yours.

Matter of fact that goes to police and service folks of this board too. I know we rag on cops but they do perform a service that takes guts and courage. Not saying others dont have that, but you know what I am saying.
[patriot] [worship]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Congrats man. The military and such was never for me. But I do appreciate those who choose to make that sacrifice so that I may be here typing this up in complete freedom. Much love and respect. God Bless you and yours.

Matter of fact that goes to police and service folks of this board too. I know we rag on cops but they do perform a service that takes guts and courage. Not saying others dont have that, but you know what I am saying.
[patriot] [worship]

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] [worship]

nate said it best

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:

[patriot] [worship]

nate said it best
+1

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep up the good work nick! [patriot] give a brother a call when your back in town [patriot]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job passing OCS! I passed plc jr's but decided not to go to SR's after Iraq. Good luck at TBS! And you will not be really ready to lead shit as a butter bar, just have the basics to lead. Most will come with experience, believe me [Wink] [patriot]

[ January 13, 2007, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com