Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you guys know anything about this car??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you guys know anything about this car???
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/226332860.html

I'm really interested in this car, and I was wondering if anyone on this site has ever seen or knows anything about it. I sent this guy an offer of $6,000 and then he wrote back stating he would take no less than $7.5K. Do you guys honestly think this car is worth what he's asking?

Thanks and I appreciate your input. [patriot]

[ October 30, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think so, on corral they have hella cleaner cars for around that price. look at purple notchs car that just sold for 11 with a superchargeed 331. just my opion though. oh and taht car is still 4 lug right
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The blue book value for that GT is $4800 and so the seller is being just a little bit optimistic with the selling price.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wayyyyyyyyyy too much. i see way cleaner mustangs for 7k with h/c/i [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
The blue book value for that GT is $4800 and so the seller is being just a little bit optimistic with the selling price.

bluebook doesn't mean shit for a foxbody
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/226332860.html

I'm really interested in this car, and I was wondering if anyone on this site has ever seen or knows anything about it. I sent this guy an offer of $6,000 and then he wrote back statinf he would take no less than $7.5K. Do you guys honestly think this car is worth what he's asking?

Thanks and I appreciate your input. [patriot]

It's hard to put a value on that car, as I read it as being basically stock, but very well kept, but it's not COMPLETELY stock so that drops the value IMO. The mods are all ticky tacky bullshit mods that don't really do anything, I hate the rims, and it's still stock 4-lug with drums in the back.

I think it's worth $6k also, but would try to get it for $4500 myself
[Big Grin]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the price is a bit high...I think GT's either need to just run dumps or get a 93 cobra rear bumper to put tips out back, but that's just my opinion.. [patriot]

[ October 30, 2006, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: J24I ]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
I think the price is a bit high...I think GT's either need to just run dumps or get a 93 cobra rear bumper to put tips out back, but that's just my opinion.. [patriot]

Thanks for the input guys. Keep it coming. Yea, if I do end up getting that car the tailpipes and wheels will be the first to go. [patriot]

He wrote back:
quote:
yea well, they don't make these anymore and they're in demand....they will be worth more in the future so this is an investment also. good luck looking for a clean one, excellent condition, not abused, with low miles like this for whatever price your willing to spend.

And I just wrote back.
quote:
(Owner),

I definately see where you're coming from as I have owned many fox body mustangs. However there are many fox bodies out there that indeed have been sold for your asking price with a whole lot more. It's just at the asking price of 7.5K I believe the car should have more mods, such as an h/c/i combo, 5-lug conversion, rear disc brakes, springs etc. I think your mustang is very nice and well kept, but I don't believe that warrants an extra 2.3K to be added on the high retail value of the car. I believe 6K to be a very fair price for this car, however I am willing to negotiate a little higher on my offer and increase my offer to $6325 which is way above high resale value. Please let me know if your willing to do business as I am a serious buyer. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

What do you think?

[ October 30, 2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ITS NOT WORTH 6K.i believe those are 17 cobras that a friend of mine sold him, its clean but not worth it
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how can you make a offer AND NOT HAVE EVEN SEEN THE CAR YET
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gus you're crazy to consider that car. $7.5k is way overpriced for a basic modded 5.0. shoot for $6k, id consider selling mine..haha 4 lug cobra R's gotta go.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
quote:

Thanks for the input guys. Keep it coming. Yea, if I do end up getting that car the tailpipes and wheels will be the first to go. [patriot]

He wrote back:
quote:
yea well, they don't make these anymore and they're in demand....they will be worth more in the future so this is an investment also. good luck looking for a clean one, excellent condition, not abused, with low miles like this for whatever price your willing to spend.

And I just wrote back.
quote:
(Owner),

I definately see where you're coming from as I have owned many fox body mustangs. However there are many fox bodies out there that indeed have been sold for your asking price with a whole lot more. It's just at the asking price of 7.5K I believe the car should have more mods, such as an h/c/i combo, 5-lug conversion, rear disc brakes, springs etc. I think your mustang is very nice and well kept, but I don't believe that warrants an extra 2.3K to be added on the high retail value of the car. I believe 6K to be a very fair price for this car, however I am willing to negotiate a little higher on my offer and increase my offer to $6325 which is way above high resale value. Please let me know if your willing to do business as I am a serious buyer. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

What do you think?

I think you should not have raised your initial offer without seeing the car, you now have no negotiating room.

unless of course you're like me, and walk up to the car and point out everything that is even remotely wrong while the owner is walking around next to me, so when I get done with it I can give a nice lowball...or just walk away.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
quote:

He wrote back:
quote:

And I just wrote back.
quote:
(Owner),

Respectfully,

What do you think?

I think you should not have raised your initial offer without seeing the car, you now have no negotiating room.

unless of course you're like me, and walk up to the car and point out everything that is even remotely wrong while the owner is walking around next to me, so when I get done with it I can give a nice lowball...or just walk away.

I'm exactly like that. I will point out any and all things that are remotely wrong and go from there. I dont think he'll even consider my offer though. This guy seems pretty set on that price. [Frown]

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
gus you're crazy to consider that car. $7.5k is way overpriced for a basic modded 5.0. shoot for $6k, id consider selling mine..haha 4 lug cobra R's gotta go.

Yea I'm trying to shoot for the 6K area, but I don't think he'll budge. I would never in my right mind pay 7.5K for that car. I'm awaiting his response.

thanks guys keep the info coming. Need more (ammo). I dont know how this guy came up with that asking price [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

[ October 30, 2006, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
how can you make a offer AND NOT HAVE EVEN SEEN THE CAR YET

I'm just giving a baseline offer based on what I've read and seen. If I actually do get to see the car this will be the initial starting point and then based on the number of things I find wrong, hopefully he will adjust the price accordingly, if not then I'll just keep looking. [patriot]

[ October 30, 2006, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gus, just take your time and wait for the right stang to come. this one doesnt sound its worth the asking price. rule of thumb when working out deals with a person over the phone..just try find out if the seller is negotiable and go from there and talk money in person. u can usually gauge upfront if someone will be firm or willing to drop a few.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really wouldnt consider spending that much money for a fox that doesnt have more that the basic bolt ons or stands out in a crowd. i mean its true that clean fox's that are stock are becoming harder to find but i believe ive seen 93 cobras going for only 3K more than what he is asking. plus you could easily spend 4000 on a fox with the same or more mods and drop 2000 into it and have a cleaner car. but give the guy some time to realize that to most educated mustang owners that his car isnt worth what he is asking

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Thanks guys. Yea this guy didn't write me back so I'm assuming he's not interested in selling. I dont know what makes people try and sell their stangs at an outrageous price when its not even worth it. Seems like craigslist is notorious for having waaaay overpriced foxbodies and then when you try to make a reasonable/fair offer they talk to you like your the crazy one. [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

I've been looking for a 93 w/ black interior for soooo long now, I dont think I'll ever find one at the right price. Aaaaah well on with the search.

[ October 31, 2006, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Wow look what this guy just posted the price at [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] .

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/228106507.html

Maybe I should forward him this thread in attempt to make him come back to reality. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

[ October 31, 2006, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Well "in my face, I guess". This guy just emailed me back stating that it just sold @ $7500.

--------------------
91 GT

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

shit I'll sell mine for $6325 [patriot]
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gus, imho a very clean fox can still command $8K.

It better be cherry for that kind of money however.

I personally couldn't pay that much for a GT because GT's these days sell at a lesser premium that LX's and LX hatchbacks.

If you like the car, go see it. You'll know instantly if it is worth the price when you look at it.

[ October 31, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell i was crusing the listing's at the dealer auction and came across a 91 calypso green lx convt with the auto and only 1700 miles. starting bid was like 14000. I know unmolested fox bodies are getting rare but damn.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks for whoever payed 7500 for that car.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
sucks for whoever payed 7500 for that car.

ive bought one that was orig owner red black interior mint i mean mint shape for 2600 before. deals are out there just gotta find sum1 who dont know what there worth to us gear heads

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com