Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What do you do for a living?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What do you do for a living??
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do insurance didnt have to go to college for it you take classes and hten have to take a state text to get licensed and then its pretty much up ot you how much you make [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
what is considered good money these days?

I personally think anything over 75K a year is good money. But it all comes down to the cost of living. where your at.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im an auto mechanic.Been one for the last 15 years.I HATE IT.I wish i could get into something else but its what im best at.Dont get me wrong,i love working on hotrods.But being a mechanic every day,and at a dealership,sucks in my book.STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:

I personally think anything over 75K a year is good money. But it all comes down to the cost of living. where your at.
yep...if you're a single income household and bring in 75k and you have the following:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

You're pretty much broke. If not, I don't know how people can do it.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
quote:

yep...if you're a single income household and bring in 75k and you have the following:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

These are pretty much givens for most adults that live in the Bay Area.

That's why you just have to keep that check list to a minimum.....hence me not having a wife, kids nor any credit card debt [Razz]

Gone are the days of a "stay-home wife" unless you make over $150K and that's just enough to survive [Eek!]

[ October 16, 2006, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

That's why you just have to keep that check list to a minimum.....hence me not having a wife, kids nor any credit card debt [Razz]

Gone are the days of a "stay-home wife" unless you make over $150K and that's just enough to survive [Eek!]

Your absolutely right Patrick...unless you bought your house 10 or 15 years ago and haven't dipped into the equity. My wife and I both make decent money and there's still times I can't find spare dough to fill the NX bottle...
[Razz]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

Your absolutely right Patrick...unless you bought your house 10 or 15 years ago and haven't dipped into the equity. My wife and I both make decent money and there's still times I can't find spare dough to fill the NX bottle...
[Razz]

That's why you put a S/C on instead [Razz]

To the guys asking about the X-ray stuff....pm me i got lots of info for ya that i'd rather not type out lol

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
well fellas im going to sac state but i dont know if i want to continue. so im wondering what some of you cats with and without degrees do for a living. Im trying to get an idea for what i wanna do in the future. Always heard people dont learn how to make money unless they learn it from someone who is already making it. so post up. I currently work at costco in the photo lab. Naked chix FTW

Bro I would like to begin by saying you should 100 % stay in school even if you don't know what you are going to do. you can take some GE classes and fiqure stuff out. These days a degree is so important either you use it or not you can always use it for a back up.

I personally WILL never use my Degree but I'm graduating this semester with a ME degree from sac state.
I would recomand looking into the Engineering department (its not easy but lots fun) the starting pay is about $50-$60K- and hey in the process you may find something better but atleast you can always have a back up.

SORRY FOR THE LONG REPLY

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

75K for a single family is good if you can manage your spending. So if your on a budget you will not have an Auto loan....LOL
I have a friend who makes 42K single mother with two children and they have a great life and are living in there own home, I also have friends making about 82K and can't even affort a two bedroom appartment. So its all about how they manage there money

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
working right now at the Orchard Supply Distribution Center. as a materials handler. pay is alright...

want to be an electrician...they make some good $

Lol my other guy checks on ur store.
I work For the Nations Largest Concrete and Cement Producer with the largest line of products for everything from industrial to the DYI market [patriot] i drive and econoline E350-SD all day(6-8 hrs), deliver when needed, have a gas card, phone, the van and expense account. OH and i make my hours! Not bad for not having gone to college (yet) [Big Grin]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

75K for a single family is good if you can manage your spending. So if your on a budget you will not have an Auto loan....LOL
I have a friend who makes 42K single mother with two children and they have a great life and are living in there own home, I also have friends making about 82K and can't even affort a two bedroom appartment. So its all about how they manage there money

True BUT depending on were you choose to live and the size of your home...42k could be tough. I have a wife and three kids with 3000+ mortgage. thats 36k right there.
[Frown]

Sure we could all squeeze into a small condo or home in a not so great area but...

--------------------

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wife
kids
mortgage/property taxes
credit cards
auto loan
misc

True BUT depending on were you choose to live and the size of your home...42k could be tough. I have a wife and three kids with 3000+ mortgage. thats 36k right there.
[Frown]

Sure we could all squeeze into a small condo or home in a not so great area but...

Damn! a 3000 + mortgage is hella money . I'm sure you have a nice house though or atleast you better! [Big Grin]
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a truck driver. Working for someone I was making $700 a week take home, after buying my own truck and doing longhaul I would bring home about 3k a week. Just gave that up and purchased a transfer truck (dump truck) to run locally, truck gets paid $80 a hr, not sure what the actual take home will be, but most guys I know bring home 12k a month as an average during the summer.

Schooling was 1 month of my time (4 days a week) and a cost of 4k. You'll always have work, the industry needs people baaaad. I'm making a killing and its EASY work and a low investment money and time wise for what I bring home in return.

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im an account exec for a large wholesale mortgage company. Im inside sales so im on a base right now, but in a few months when i move to Texas i will be an outside sales Account exec making AT LEAST 10-15k per month. im 22 and i wish every day i stayed in college. but like a dumbass i got money hungry and dropped out, got a job, and i lease a house in the almaden area of san jose ($$). all in all i have no complaints though. Ive been putting enough away so i can pay CASH MONEY for a house when i move [Big Grin]
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by luvmy5.0:
Im an account exec for a large wholesale mortgage company. Im inside sales so im on a base right now, but in a few months when i move to Texas i will be an outside sales Account exec making AT LEAST 10-15k per month. im 22 and i wish every day i stayed in college. but like a dumbass i got money hungry and dropped out, got a job, and i lease a house in the almaden area of san jose ($$). all in all i have no complaints though. Ive been putting enough away so i can pay CASH MONEY for a house when i move [Big Grin]

hook it up, least well have a place to crash when tommy goes out there to put a hurting on them texas foke.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Working towards being a CRNA(Nurse Anesthetist) make about 150K a year starting upto 300K, depends on geographical location, where you work and expierience.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by luvmy5.0:

hook it up, least well have a place to crash when tommy goes out there to put a hurting on them texas foke.
Javier, you know youre always welcome at my pad, you just never hit a nucca up!!
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
Without school there is no doubt you will be using your hands to work. Remember that.

seems that way but not always the case. i gained 4yrs on the job training in semiconductor manufacturing (mechanical inspection)from entry level in the silicon valley during its peak and struggled for 2 years when it went downhill... took my knowlege to medical device manufacturing and they were so impressed they offered double what i was making in san jo. to top it off the company i work for is the largest kidney dialysis provider in the world...im happy there.
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sell stuff online. My alter ego does the real work. He is a Machinist. [Wink]

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
Working towards being a CRNA(Nurse Anesthetist) make about 150K a year starting upto 300K, depends on geographical location, where you work and expierience.

damn.. screw law school.. where you studying at? how easy is it to get in? [Razz]

--------------------
=(

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still work at Anheuser-Busch Brewery in Fairfield (local 896), mainly work on the bottle line there, running depalletizers, Fillers, lablers, packers, drive forklift, but mainly hang out and watch the machine run. Now that i am not an apprentice anymore, with some OT/DT and if i work holidays triple time, i can bring in 85k+

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the info you everyone. I sent out a PM or 2 asking some questions. anyone know of any good career ideas or places to look into in the sacramento area?. you can PM me if you like. my name is terrance. Keep posting [patriot]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

damn.. screw law school.. where you studying at? how easy is it to get in? [Razz]
Good luck Jersey.

Just try getting into a Nursing program around here and you'll see how tuff it is....

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck Jersey.

Just try getting into a Nursing program around here and you'll see how tuff it is....

Ha ha,... iknow, i was messing around... people i know with 3.8-3.9 gpas have a difficult time getting into those programs... i'd never get in.. and the waiting list is just huge.. i'll stick to selling candies on the street
[patriot]

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck Jersey.

Ha ha,... iknow, i was messing around... people i know with 3.8-3.9 gpas have a difficult time getting into those programs... i'd never get in.. and the waiting list is just huge.. i'll stick to selling candies on the street
[patriot]

chicle...chicle...
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com