Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Jeep Owners... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jeep Owners...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post pics of your tops off!
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My jeep is in the shop getting the tranny rebuilt right now [Frown]

but here's the most recent pics of her
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need professional help. I bought another damn car! WTF Here's a sneak preview with a shitty camera phone.

-

[ June 21, 2006, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I need professional help. I bought another damn car! WTF Here's a sneak preview with a shitty camera phone.

-

It has the top on it [Mad] [Razz]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got it 2 hours ago!

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

Its a softtop it would take me 30 seconds to take that top off lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

Its a softtop it would take me 30 seconds to take that top off lol
Maybe your muscles get in the way of your dexterity?? It only takes me 2-3 minutes to take off the soft top. But I'd rather have it on for now. Shit now I have 2 jeeps. But this one is just gonna be mostly used for the street and light to medium trails once in a while. This little sucker is just getting a 2 inch suspension lift and 31 or 32's with an aussie locker in the rear and open in front. My other is mostly a trail rig that sees the street once in a while.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Here you go top off and ready to hit the trails. And yes that is a full size 1 ton Dodge CUMMINS truck pulling the jeep. Notice how small my jeep makes it look. The 7 inch fender flares don't really cover up the tires. "Hey officer the tire only stick out a little bit." hahahahaha. They actually stick out around 8 inches past the fender flares. Oh well.

-
 -

[ June 21, 2006, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I have more but need to dl them

[ June 21, 2006, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice lookin CJ. what kind of axles are you running on that thing?

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Thanks. Your ride is pretty sweet too. What year YJ you have? I'm so glad that you knew it was a CJ. Too many damn people call my shit a Wrangler. Its NOT a Wrangler dammit! I'm running yota axles under it. 4.3L 700r4 d300 30 spline chromos 4.88s arb detroit full RE soa YJ springs shackle reversal rancho 9000s high steer crossover. Going coils and 4 link this winter and I may even try some airshocks instead. Not sure yet on which system I want. Gonna move the rear axle back 6 inches and the front up 1.5.

My new toy, the little TJ, is just gonna stay on 31's or 32's and on stock axles. I'll do a 2 inch suspension lift with coils and shocks and I'll put an aussie locker in the rear. I'm gonna leave the front open. I don't want to build up the axles too much its not worth polishing the 30/35 turds. Hell I even have 2 ifs yota axles sitting in the garage so I can even put one of them under the rear. Building that with gears and a locker would make more sense than doing a d35. I could always use the 3rd because of my cj and my 4 runner. Hmmmm But right now I'm leaning more towards just throwing in the aussie locker and leave the rest of the 35 alone. I "shouldn't" break it with 31's or 32's unless I'm doing something stupid. This TJ will only see light to medium duty trails anyway and it will see most of its time on the street.

[ June 21, 2006, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Who else here has a jeep? There's gotta be more peeps than this!

[ June 21, 2006, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's my Jeep. The picture in the snow is from Strawberry a few weeks ago.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Where is all the other Jeep owners? i know there is more...

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Thanks. Your ride is pretty sweet too. What year YJ you have? I'm so glad that you knew it was a CJ. Too many damn people call my shit a Wrangler. Its NOT a Wrangler dammit! I'm running yota axles under it. 4.3L 700r4 d300 30 spline chromos 4.88s arb detroit full RE soa YJ springs shackle reversal rancho 9000s high steer crossover. Going coils and 4 link this winter and I may even try some airshocks instead. Not sure yet on which system I want. Gonna move the rear axle back 6 inches and the front up 1.5.

My new toy, the little TJ, is just gonna stay on 31's or 32's and on stock axles. I'll do a 2 inch suspension lift with coils and shocks and I'll put an aussie locker in the rear. I'm gonna leave the front open. I don't want to build up the axles too much its not worth polishing the 30/35 turds. Hell I even have 2 ifs yota axles sitting in the garage so I can even put one of them under the rear. Building that with gears and a locker would make more sense than doing a d35. I could always use the 3rd because of my cj and my 4 runner. Hmmmm But right now I'm leaning more towards just throwing in the aussie locker and leave the rest of the 35 alone. I "shouldn't" break it with 31's or 32's unless I'm doing something stupid. This TJ will only see light to medium duty trails anyway and it will see most of its time on the street.

Nice. i haven't heard much about using toyota axles under a jeep. Are they stronger than a D44? My YJ is a 91. I plan on swapping in an 8.8 as soon as money allows. right now i'm having the tranny rebuilt so axles will have to wait [Frown]

[ June 21, 2006, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Nice tires bunchmyfunky [Wink]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(Sorry I still have the top on-somewhat)
This past weekend at the rubicon. Entered in at Loon and made it to just before the little sluice. Had to turn around because my friend had broke for the 3rd time- he was afraid he wouldnt make it back to the trailer.
What a blast!  - [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not Good [Eek!]  -

[ June 21, 2006, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

-

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Nice ride wikd, what's your suspension set up?

Nifty, the toy axle is stronger than a 44. Both are 30 spline axles but the toy can take a hell of a beating and still tick. I was a yota guy before and some of us would run 39s and beat the snot out of the stock rear axle and it takes it. Hell some run 42s on them and do fine. I've broken numerous d44s with just 35s. Another great thing about the toy axle is ground clearance, as you can see from my pic. Right now I'm on 38.5x15.5x15 and have not broken any of the toy axles. The stock toy front is weak the birfs break easily but once you upgrade to the 30 spline longfield chromos they become very stout and they say that they are the same strength as a 35 spline 60. Hard to believe but they do have raw data on it.

[ June 21, 2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

cummins- Full Traction 6" with 1"JKS springs spacers front and rear.
[patriot]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Cool. Props on a nice ride. What size tires do you run? I just picked up a little TJ its still completely stock so it looks like a girls jeep or a faggot jeep. I'm only going to put 32's max on it but for now I just picked up a used but good condition set of 31" bfg m/t. I'll do a 2 inch suspension with coils and shocks. Its going to be mostly a street car with some light to medium trails once in a while. Nothing special. I just want to get it looking acceptable because right now its embarassing. I drove it to San Francisco and all the faggots where staring at me checking my shit out. Nasty!

[ June 21, 2006, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

haha! nice. Those are 36" Iroks aired down to 7.5 psi. I will probably go lower next time. Maybe around 5 psi. You dont want to do a 4" lift with some 33's? My brother has a tj with that combo. Still very streetable. Dont really need to do the long arm lift with 33's. If your trying to keep the costs down than I totally understand.
Thanks for the props [patriot]

[ June 21, 2006, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Yah I'm trying to keep cost down on this little sucker. I've already dumped a ton of $ into the cj and will end up dumping more later this winter when I go coils or air shocks and lengthen the wheel base. If I went 4" and 33's on my little queer TJ I'd need an sye and redo the driveline. I'd also need gears. I figure I can get the 2" coils and then add if I ever want 33's I could do a a 1" BL. I wouldn't have much uptravel but that's fine. But I doubt I'd want 33's on this set up its only a 4 cyl auto and stock gearing would kill it. Hell stock gearing already kills it I can barely hit 75 on the freeway LOL. If there's a head wind or decent incline I'm screwed! But for the price I paid I'd buy them all day long. And these little 4 cyl autos actually wheel pretty damn good.

I run my boggers pretty low at 5 psi all the time. Seems to work well with them.

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com