Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How much can you bench press? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How much can you bench press?
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
What is more important to you guys...being in really good shape (good build and ripped i.e LL Cool J, etc.) or not looking that great but being able to bench a lot...

both lol i'll admit it i got some fat to lose. i still look good though haha
Yeah but not like Sylvester Stallone...hehe

I see guys all the time at the gym that don't have any muscle definition or even look like they work out that much but can lift a pretty good amount of weight.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What is more important to you guys...being in really good shape (good build and ripped i.e LL Cool J, etc.) or not looking that great but being able to bench a lot...

Actually that is the phrase I use when I tell my wife I am going to the gym...I say "I am going to get my LL on, I'll be back" So yup I am trying to get Cool J status.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

both lol i'll admit it i got some fat to lose. i still look good though haha
Yeah but not like Sylvester Stallone...hehe

I see guys all the time at the gym that don't have any muscle definition or even look like they work out that much but can lift a pretty good amount of weight.

LOL Stallone looks Nasty, i don't want my veins to look like worms under my skin. I just want the big arteries to show more, when i am lifting is when all my other veins can show [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would imagine LL has a pretty good bench, but i agree its better to have a better body. wish i could trade
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All you have to do is diet and cardio and you can lose your fat.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I haven't had any alcohol, pasta or rice since since 3/1 and I can actually see a big change in my body. I've also been doing 20 minutes of cardio and walking a lot at work every day. I still haven't lost any weight but can see fat dissapearing little by little.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:

I haven't had any alcohol, pasta or rice since since 3/1 and I can actually see a big change in my body. I've also been doing 20 minutes of cardio and walking a lot at work every day. I still haven't lost any weight but can see fat dissapearing little by little.
weight is just a number, its the body fat percentage you want to worry about.
It doesn't matter how much you weight its how much fat you have on your body that matters. When anerexic girls/guys die they are considered obessed thats because since they didn't eat their body ate away all their muscle mass but left the fat. The body works in weird ways, fat is energy being stored but your body will eat the muscle mass away first if you don't have the right diet to sustain them when your doing cardio.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Click here if you wanna see a picture of me.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

-

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

LOL its not that bad. I took that before i started my cutting phase. By May 7th i'll look really good [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

-

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz]

LOL its not that bad. I took that before i started my cutting phase. By May 7th i'll look really good [Wink]
Fatty

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just stay away from Steroids, its a lazy mans way of getting big and all that's going to happen is when your off your going to loose Muscle and notice all the wonderful stretch marks.. Work hard and earn what you have!

There are alot of good combo's of over the shelf supliments that will give you the drive at the gym, I know when I am going throuhg my off months I take something along the line of ephedrine or major energy boost that will force me to work out when I dont want to.

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
Just stay away from Steroids, its a lazy mans way of getting big and all that's going to happen is when your off your going to loose Muscle and notice all the wonderful stretch marks.. Work hard and earn what you have!

There are alot of good combo's of over the shelf supliments that will give you the drive at the gym, I know when I am going throuhg my off months I take something along the line of ephedrine or major energy boost that will force me to work out when I dont want to.

ephedrine has very bad effects as well i dont see whyd youd be so against roids and that ephedrine
89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93redcobra:
My weight is 245pds, I usually stop at 405 pds, unless i have a spot then i will add a little bit more weight

I can vouch for that one...you had me spot your ass like I was gonna be able to do something! LOL!

I'm 6 foot - 175 lbs
- flat bench 275
- incline 225
- decline 200

Haven't been able to hit the gym serious for 2 months now... [Frown]

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JEs50
¯
Member # 5383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEs50  Ford pictures for JEs50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my weight 260
my max 2lbs on a inline bench press
my max on a flat bench is like 5 1/2 lbs.
jk.
weight is really 260
max flat bench is 245
max incline is 215

--------------------
1990 GT w/
Everything

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
210lbs 245-flat bench.

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why are so many people posting on this topic? but i did 215lbs when i was 205.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIKLEEN/GT:
didnt exactly get there the natural way though...

[worship]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
kuestone1
¯
Member # 5832

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuestone1  Ford pictures for kuestone1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
weight= 160
Bench=225 1 rep.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

[worship]
what makes that worthy of bowing down to? He cheated.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 of the best bench presses I've seen.
One kid in my gym about 22 years old weighing 125. I spotted him for a 265 bench and it was a clean honest lift. He was a regular 3 times a week but not a serious lifter. He wasn't built either, just a little bit tones.

My ex workout partner weighed 115 benched 155.
She was a girl so that was pretty good.

I've never tried steroids ( too scared) but I know lots of guys on them. I tried creatine and noticed a little bit of a gain, then discoved I was using it for 2 months incorrectly. Oh well.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok I'm on a mission to bench 185. I think it looks cool to have 4 plates on the bar for 225 but I'll start slow. Shit right now I have 1 plate and a dime on each side and its hard. It sucks though because a girl benched more than that right next to me while I was benching. Talk about embarrassing. She even looked over at me and smirked with a little laugh. Bitch! My first goal is to do a plate and a quarter on each side for 185. Then I'll shoot for 225. I'm at 170 right now. What exercises should I do to help my bench? This guy told me to do legs to increase my bench but I don't get it. Why do legs to help the bench? Anyway, just wondering what I can do to improve my sorry bench.

[ May 01, 2006, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
ok I'm on a mission to bench 185. I think it looks cool to have 4 plates on the bar for 225 but I'll start slow. Shit right now I have 1 plate and a dime on each side and its hard. It sucks though because a girl benched more than that right next to me while I was benching. Talk about embarrassing. She even looked over at me and smirked with a little laugh. Bitch! My first goal is to do a plate and a quarter on each side for 185. Then I'll shoot for 225. I'm at 170 right now. What exercises should I do to help my bench? This guy told me to do legs to increase my bench but I don't get it. Why do legs to help the bench? Anyway, just wondering what I can do to improve my sorry bench.

no the key is to NEVER build your legs, but build a massive chest and arms, so you can look like spongebob lol
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:

[worship]
what makes that worthy of bowing down to? He cheated.
I didnt cheat. I wasnt in any competition or playing any sports where I would have any type of advantage because of how I chose to work out. Different people have different goals... my goal was to get bigger, put up heavy weight in a short period of time.
Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com