Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How much can you bench press? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How much can you bench press?
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyBurnout:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
"as part of the next cafords event, we have a bench press competition and will be giving an award for heaviest bench press..make sure to see the booth with the bench press setup"

True that! I think a lot of people are bullshitin up in here! [BS flag]
who do you think is [BS flag] I know for a fact that craig can put that much up.
It just sounded like a good thing to say. [patriot]
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can bench one metric ton 10x's I dont have a max because you can only put so many weights on the bar then there is no more room, or it will bend.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I should have never made this post. Its pissing me off. So far I am the WEAKEST person here. WTF! And here I thought most of you were skinny high school dorks! I can bench 170 with it touching my chest for 3 seconds then lifting it up after that. I was trying to do a competition style bench so that there would be no issue as to whether I lifted it. I'm sure some of you bench bounce that shit sky high off your chest. Maybe a bounce contest? Anyway, I can do 170 competition style so I can bench my body weight but not much more.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I should have never made this post. Its pissing me off. So far I am the WEAKEST person here. WTF! And here I thought most of you were skinny high school dorks! I can bench 170 with it touching my chest for 3 seconds then lifting it up after that. I was trying to do a competition style bench so that there would be no issue as to whether I lifted it. I'm sure some of you bench bounce that shit sky high off your chest. Maybe a bounce contest? Anyway, I can do 170 competition style so I can bench my body weight but not much more.

as long as you can put up your body weight you should be happy

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can do 7 reps of a million pounds. then i do this [dance]

--------------------
There are two types of cars in this world, Ford and everything else. >:)

ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikeV8torque  Ford pictures for ilikeV8torque    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, a topic a like:

Weight: 210 Height: 6'1"
Max Flat bench: 355lbs.
Max Incline bench: 275lbs.

I rarely try to put up my max and it isn't that easy but my regular routine for flat bench chest is:

135lbs 10 reps (warm up)
225lbs 8reps
315lbs 3 sets, 5 reps at a time

SIKLEEN/GT
¯
Member # 2695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIKLEEN/GT  Ford pictures for SIKLEEN/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I weigh 205, I can rep 405 about five to six times... I've been stuck at that for a while now... didnt exactly get there the natural way though...
Posts: 299 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck i got u all beat....im 6'3 215 lbs, and i can barely bench a WHOPPING 115 lbs, no bullshit. Thats what shoulder surgery will do to you [Frown] when i was 18 @ 185 lbs i WAS benching 245lbs, i miss that [Frown]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
Hey Cummins, how rare are new body Supra's w/ 6 speeds in California, I may want to buy one from a friend of mine, from what I remember the 6 speeds are rare, ???

This will be my daily driver.

Depends on the year. 93-95 not that rare. 97 more rare. 98 almost impossible to find and are the most prestigeous. Any mods done to it? If so what? Gimme the details and I can give you some info.
It's a 1994, HKS Front Mount, EVC, tons of HKS stuff, it's still got the twins, I'll be going to take a look at it in a few days.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I don't bounce off the chest, you can really injure yourself doing that. I touch the chest and then go back up.
Its all about proper form, bouncing off your chest is cheating.

[ April 27, 2006, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikeV8torque  Ford pictures for ilikeV8torque    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't bounce off the chest, you can really injure yourself doing that. I touch the chest and then go back up.
Its all about proper form, bouncing off your chest is cheating. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it kinda cracks me up when I see people bounce of the chest hella hard as if they think they are hella stronger that way or something and acts all aggressive after doing the set. Also cracks me up when people can't really push the weights they stack in the barbell so they lift the the weights of the rack then brings it down 4 inches from the starting point and 12-15inches away from the chest.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ilikeV8torque:
Its all about proper form, bouncing off your chest is cheating.

Yeah, it kinda cracks me up when I see people bounce of the chest hella hard as if they think they are hella stronger that way or something and acts all aggressive after doing the set. Also cracks me up when people can't really push the weights they stack in the barbell so they lift the the weights of the rack then brings it down 4 inches from the starting point and 12-15inches away from the chest. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Theres some kids that come in my gym and they put 225 on the incline and they only bring it down an inch! They're arms are the size my wrist, its hilarious!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i was 30, my best bench was 405. my weight was 230. im now 49 and i dont do max's anymore
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5'5", 175 and i typically max out around 270. i say typically because i really haven't lifted much in the past couple months as i've been rehabbing my left shoulder which was dislocated last december. for me, putting up big numbers for my size is just a byproduct of working out and never really a main goal. i play a lot of sports so i pretty much workout for the sake of becoming better at those sports. [patriot]
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LIL b- if you can press 225, i give you major credit, youve come along way!!!!

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
LIL b- if you can press 225, i give you major credit, youve come along way!!!!

well ive come from 130lb to 170-175 so ive put on some muscle [Smile]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Do you workout at the gym next to "Cummins Speedway"? I woulda thought you'd bench more then 170.
[burnout]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hey Cummins, how rare are new body Supra's w/ 6 speeds in California, I may want to buy one from a friend of mine, from what I remember the 6 speeds are rare, ???

This will be my daily driver.

Depends on the year. 93-95 not that rare. 97 more rare. 98 almost impossible to find and are the most prestigeous. Any mods done to it? If so what? Gimme the details and I can give you some info.
It's a 1994, HKS Front Mount, EVC, tons of HKS stuff, it's still got the twins, I'll be going to take a look at it in a few days.
ok, that's not rare at all there are lots of 94 6 speeds to be found. At least its obd1. Lemme know what its like. How many miles? Should be around high 400's close to 500 hp on race gas. Stock twins can't do too much damage but they are fun to put around on for a daily. I'm assuming it has exhaust and a down pipe with no cats.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:

Do you workout at the gym next to "Cummins Speedway"? I woulda thought you'd bench more then 170.
[burnout]

I would out at Cummins Total Fitness. Gym is clean and has a lot of hot chicks. And I'm still having a hard time believing that everyone benches so much. WTF! Maybe I shouldn't talk so much trash I'm still the weakest one here!

--------------------

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think about it. With a membership of over 6000 here on CaFords, and ya ask a question as to who can bench press what amount, the people who can actually bench-a-damn are the only ones that are gonna respond. So in actuality, there aren't that many who can do what most people would consider "alotta" weight. I don't see why some peeps on here are callin' [BS flag] .

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was feelin extra good last night.. Hit 345 a good 5 times. After my workout (worked my way up...135 - 225 - 275 -325) I think it was a fluke tho.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

[burnout]

I would out at Cummins Total Fitness. Gym is clean and has a lot of hot chicks. And I'm still having a hard time believing that everyone benches so much. WTF! Maybe I shouldn't talk so much trash I'm still the weakest one here!
I've been lifting 6 years this June. [Eek!]
I've gone from 140lbs in High school to 221lbs now. [dance]

[ April 28, 2006, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
Think about it. With a membership of over 6000 here on CaFords, and ya ask a question as to who can bench press what amount, the people who can actually bench-a-damn are the only ones that are gonna respond. So in actuality, there aren't that many who can do what most people would consider "alotta" weight. I don't see why some peeps on here are callin' [BS flag] .

I said it cuz I'm mad that I'm not as strong and sexy as you Rick. I'm just a hater. [Razz]
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is more important to you guys...being in really good shape (good build and ripped i.e LL Cool J, etc.) or not looking that great but being able to bench a lot...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
What is more important to you guys...being in really good shape (good build and ripped i.e LL Cool J, etc.) or not looking that great but being able to bench a lot...

both lol i'll admit it i got some fat to lose. i still look good though haha

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com