Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dynoed the Wife's all-motor GT: (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dynoed the Wife's all-motor GT:
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
 -

Those are UN-Corrected #'s (actual power put out on the dyno).
SAE corrected was 442/395 Rear Wheel.

Combo:
11:1 347
Ported VicJr heads
Ported Vic50 intake
Custom camshaft (248/245 111LSA)
1.72 rockers
75MM TB, 80MM mass-air
1 3/4 longtubes, 3-inch exhaust
Tremec 3550

Hopefully I can get to the track before the weather gets warm...

And right before that, Shaun tuned my Cobra to 486 HP and 476 TQ! Car is a Manimal

[ April 01, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: sharkattack ]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So when you going to take the turbo kit off the 93 and let the wife barrow it? LOL

Amazing numbers Shaun, great job once again!

Navid

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
So when you going to take the turbo kit off the 93 and let the wife barrow it? LOL

Navid

He's going to have to do something with the Cobra now, cause his wifes N/A setup will put a hurtin on his TT Cobra [Big Grin] [worship]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so are you no longer running a reverse split? I just read on hardcore 5.0 forums. It still looks like a reverse split with a faster ramp on the intake lobe. Is this a HCI or FTI or your own? Nice numbers it is sure hard not to like the Vic Jr heads after seeing the results on this board.

[ April 01, 2006, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

Navid

We've gone back and forth so many times with what to do with both cars. LOL I *think* the current plan is to put an auto in the TT..... [Razz]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
so are you no longer running a reverse split? I just read on 5.0 forums. It still looks like a reverse split with a faster ramp on the intake lobe. Is this a HCI or FTI or your own? Nice numbers it is sure hard not to like the Vic Jr heads after seeing the results on this board.

Shaun finally swallowed his pride and got the new cam from Brian at HiTech Motorsport [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great #'s, but I expected them [Smile]

Sawson's friend recently dynoed his carbed 347 with a dinky Hitech Motorsport cam. 403 RWHP (Brian quoted 375) from a 224/230 .555/.512 111 lsa cam. I was surprised at the specs because of it being carbed and it's still a reverse split profile when you factor in lobe area. I forget the manifold but 650 carb and some AFR 185's. The graph looked excellent and a lot like an EFI setup. It should haul ass since it's in a kit car cobra. Another well done NA setup [patriot]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the difference between corrected and uncorrected?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe somebody forgot to tell the 347 it was carbed instead of EFI? Or the air flow of the heads, intake,longer stroke and compresion ratio dictates the cam grind more than just the air flow of the intake.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
so are you no longer running a reverse split? I just read on 5.0 forums. It still looks like a reverse split with a faster ramp on the intake lobe. Is this a HCI or FTI or your own? Nice numbers it is sure hard not to like the Vic Jr heads after seeing the results on this board.

Shaun finally swallowed his pride and got the new cam from Brian at HiTech Motorsport [Eek!]
I did order the cam from Brian, but I designed it myself, gave him the specs & he ordered placed the order. I'm not a Comp dealer....yet.
Brian wanted to put the 244 XE lobe on the exhaust.... I wanted something less aggressive with more seat duration.....the 307 magnum lobe was as close as I could easily get.

It's a tricky little bugger.... Goes from 10 degrees exhaust bias @.006, to 3 degrees intake bias @.050, to 11 degrees intake bias @.200.

Thnaks for all the complements guys! [patriot]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:

I did order the cam from Brian, but I designed it myself, gave him the specs & he ordered placed the order. I'm not a Comp dealer....yet.
Brian wanted to put the 244 XE lobe on the exhaust.... I wanted something less aggressive with more seat duration.....the 307 magnum lobe was as close as I could easily get.

It's a tricky little bugger.... Goes from 10 degrees exhaust bias @.006, to 3 degrees intake bias @.050, to 11 degrees intake bias @.200.

I know its not a Brian cam, I was just giving you a hard time for the "chat with my tuner" comment [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know its not a Brian cam, I was just giving you a hard time for the "chat with my tuner" comment [Wink] [Big Grin]
Oh you're really in for it now Buddy! [Razz]
Plan on Next Sunday?

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94gt and hidnnos should go at it in the ring with the winner getting drew's lx.
should be the headliner at the next apex show.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

[Confused]

--------------------
AED

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:

[Confused]
lol
mustve mixed up threads..that was a response to shiftylx's thread where 94gt and hidnnos were going at it(more than once ive noticed).

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
whats the difference between corrected and uncorrected?

Uncorrected is Actual power produced on the dyno on that particular run.
You can then correct the #'s for easy comparison between dynos, different temps, etc. SAE corrects for a given altitude, temp, density air, etc. In this case the air was much better than the SAE correction factor & therefore SAE corrected #'s were lower than the actual power the motor produced.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
maybe somebody forgot to tell the 347 it was carbed instead of EFI? Or the air flow of the heads, intake,longer stroke and compresion ratio dictates the cam grind more than just the air flow of the intake.

EFI manifolds are much more restrictive and the runner lengths are different. Hence the reason of a different size stick. You'll never see EFI crack 400 with a 224 duration intake lobe. Typcally it'd take at least a 240 duration intake lobe to crack 400 with EFI. Which was my point because there are several 347's with the same parts but EFI (AFR's, 11:1 compression, with same stroke etc). So the overall flow is the same on the bulk of the parts except the type of manifold, which is why it only needed that small of a camshaft to bust 400.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

what about a EFI with a spider intake?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:

Now you're talkin'! [Smile]
That'll take care of most of the restrictions in the EFI manifold compared to Carburated. Even better is a DFI setup with one of those Accufab 4 barrel TB's.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh you're really in for it now Buddy! [Razz]
Plan on Next Sunday?

Can I come on Sunday?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

quote:

Cam it like a carb setup since it's basically a carb manifold with injectors.

--------------------

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

I know [Wink] I was just throwing in some food for thought.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com