Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Why not to shop and Sacramento-Mustang (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why not to shop and Sacramento-Mustang
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did a friend a favor the other day and picked up a new carpet kit for him from Sacramento Mustang. He had talked to them on the phone and tried to pay but they would not let him so I went in and payed. There was already a question if the color was going to be right and it turned out it was to dark. No problem, I told him I would return it since I live in Sac. I went in today, I bought it on Wednesday and first hassle was a re-stocking fee. I understand places do this but they had talked on the phone and knew it might not be the right color and told him to try it and if it did not match bring it back. I got them to waive that after a discussion next was the cash problem. 2 things were the problem since he had called and put it on will call his name was on the receipt even though I payed for it cash. They said they could only mail a refund check to him even though he remembered me buying it and it had a note on the receipt that I was going to pick up. Finally argued and got that taken care of and they will mail me a check. Even though it does not state anywhere in there store that is there return policy. You are supposed to have your return ploicy clearly stated. I talked to the Manager and he told me I was lucky I was even getting money back and not a store credit. To top it off they only make out refund check on Friday. In this day and age customer service should matter. I have no problem with rules but they should be posted. Buy from Summit it is cheaper and you get it the next day!!!

[ January 28, 2006, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
summit is TEH WIN!

sac stangs is not teh win

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gay.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres a lot of stores like that out there how are they still in business [Confused] When you get your money back try 50resto.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for the feedback David. If ever in the area I will AVOID that shop. I would rather pay $10 MORE and shop somewhere that has good customer service and policies.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
restocking fee and mailed refunds on cash purchase?

thats like straight out of the 60's or something, I didn't think that happened anymore

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My roomate called ahead to see if they had the cobra brake kit for his 95 gt... they said they did and it was brand new..

When we got there... well, I guess 1 rotor (out of 4) and missing hardware is considered "new" they made up some BS excuse... and offered to still sell it to him at full price and incomplete!!! [Eek!]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
My roomate called ahead to see if they had the cobra brake kit for his 95 gt... they said they did and it was brand new..

When we got there... well, I guess 1 rotor (out of 4) and missing hardware is considered "new" they made up some BS excuse... and offered to still sell it to him at full price and incomplete!!! [Eek!]

that is teh gh3yest [Razz]

[ January 28, 2006, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Red00GT ]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it comes to returns SUMMIT RULES! I ordered some guages the other day and ordered the wrong size. They said just return them no hassal and they even waived my shipping fee for the right order.

WITH SACMUSTANG THE PARTS ARE THERE WHEN YOU NEED THEM ASAP. SO I'M GLAD THERE THERE.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn.. i recently learned my lesson too.. i now buy everything from summitracing. they have a no questions asked returned policy and have always treated me right.
Although i have to say that Vic bubbart in hayward is a reliable place too. they have a huge warehouse and carry a ton of parts in stock, so they are not consider "special order" [Wink]
If you call Vic, talk to Steve and tell him that Jersey refered you there. he'll take care of you. they match and beat summits prices. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Thank you for the feedback David. If ever in the area I will AVOID that shop. I would rather pay $10 MORE and shop somewhere that has good customer service and policies.

In complete agreement with Hidn' on this one. If it even remotely close, go with the one that provides "above and beyond" customer service. [patriot]

...although I must say, I bought my exhaust system from SacMust and I had a very good experience.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They must think that their shit dont stink because they are the only Mustang specitalty store around. I think they are overpriced on most stuff anyway and dont have anything that you cant get somewhere else. I'll stick to ebay or Summit! [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stopped going there when they never stocked parts for my 66'. They said they had the parts on the phone but when I got there I usually waited a while then was told they dont have it and could order it. Why would anyone order a part from a shop and pay full price if they weren't getting it installed there. I could order the part online, have it in a day or two for $5 less plus not waste gas. I go to American Mustang now, they've got pretty much everything.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry you went through all that hassle for the carpet. Definitely a pain in the azz from the sounds of it. When I called the next day, they wouldn't have the correct carpet for 2+ weeks. I ended up going to Ford direct and buying it off the shelf. Go figure. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
I go to American Mustang now, they've got pretty much everything.

I forgot about those guys. Do they really have much for the late model cars though?

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man it took you all this long to find out about them some might remember a few years ago when i first got on this site i told you guys they suck and told you to buy else where not cause i just wanted to say it but because they suck and knowing dave having done lots of business with him and seen how his store is run here is correct all the way first off you get charged like way over what it would cost anywhere else i wont allow any of my car club buddies to spend there i'll make a run to summit for all my boys before i let that happen sorry to hear that dave tognottis even though prices are similar they match catalog prices i do it all the time they hate to see me coming but the always honor i lived within eye site distance to sac mustang and never shopped there sac-mustang = [BS flag]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac Mustang is about as usefull as an asshole on your elbow. How they stay in business is beyond me?????

FUCKIN WOW!!!!!!!

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to say I have had SEVERAL bad experiences with Sac Mustang and would NEVER do business with them again [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i only go there when a part is needed right now.
other then that...no

summit racing is honestly the best place to get parts from. I have ordered thousands from them and i have never had a complaint at all.

another site to check out is 50resto. they have A LOT of hard to find peices for foxes. i pretty much redid my interior with all hard to find black peices from them. looks awesome, kinda pricey though [Embarrassed] [worship]

[ January 28, 2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: t top freak ]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another person that has been highly dissappointed with sac mustang. I tried to order some sway bar bushings thru them and after 3 trips to sac mustang just to get an order placed I gave up.

Their prices are steep, although in a pinch I used them to get my car back together after a little nitrous mishap. But I shop elsewhere even if it means waiting a day or two for summit.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
I stopped going there when they never stocked parts for my 66'. They said they had the parts on the phone but when I got there I usually waited a while then was told they dont have it and could order it. Why would anyone order a part from a shop and pay full price if they weren't getting it installed there. I could order the part online, have it in a day or two for $5 less plus not waste gas. I go to American Mustang now, they've got pretty much everything.

where is american mustaqng?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit theres a certain board member that works there and he knows who he is. Im jus wondering why he will not post on this topic? maybe cause he knows how this buisness operates? hmmm lets wait and see if he comes forth? hmmm....
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm suprised you all dont remember when i wrote "sacramento mustang sucks" all over the windows of my expedition and i lived across the street from them had it on there for very long time even my wife is here laughing about that i got attention and even helped people get there stuff else where

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
X97headswap
¯
Member # 5210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for X97headswap  Ford pictures for X97headswap    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They guys that work there aren't bad from my experience, they are just doing what they are told. The owner could give two craps about customer service, and delegates this sort of attitude. I don't understand how places like this stay in business either. You pay inflated prices to get something today, when you could save money and have it from summit tomorrow.
Posts: 181 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can tell the guys there are just doing what they are told. When I asked to talk to the sales manager and told him bu California state law your return policy has to be posted. If it is not it goes the way of the consumer, he told me I was lucky that they were not just giving me store credit. Its funny to me that they do not realize they if they changed there ways they could make so much money. There is such a large Mustang population around here. I myself would not mind paying a couple dollars extra to a place that was great to deal with and stood behind there product. That was my first and last dealing with them. By the way T, how was your pizza today?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com