Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How did yall learn to work on cars? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How did yall learn to work on cars?
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I learned alot from friends. I bought my first mustang and didn't know anything about them. I ran into few car guys and became good friends with them and slowly I just learned from experience. Its all for Fun, but your talking whyoteck (sp?) thats more for like career investment i'm sure its worth the money. I'm thinking about going after I get my mechanical Engineering degree, just for my own knowledge.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like this topic. Let see here. This one will date me back to when I was in the 10th grade. I just moved out here from Hawaii. I met a good friend my first year here and he was hooked on mustangs bigtime. It wasn't long before I caught the bug passed on from him. At that point I purchased my old '89 hatch. It wasn't long before the mods started going into the car. All the easy stuff I attempted on my own. Did the off road pipe, headers/ 65mm tb and egr....of corse the good ol' k&n. It's funny because my best buddy also had an '89 hatch. About this time I came across a shop in the south bay called charlie's mustang's. This guy was the guru of everything mustang. For god sake the man slept in his own shop each night. I was a customer of his for about 4 years before I asked him for my first job there. Little did I know at the time the experience I would gain under his watchful eye. People spend 20K + at schools like wyotech and never gained what I learned from this guy named charlie. Not only did he teach me how to wrench but he taught me the ethic's behind doing so. "These people are bringing us their cars...their pride and joy and by god they are going to get the best service we can give them". I know it sounds cheesy but there just isn't this kind of pride... honesty around anymore. I truely value what I learned from a man who wasn't just a wrench but a M.I.T. graduate....a mechanical engineer and most of all a great friend. One day I know I will open my own shop and if I do I know who to thank. I mean this man taught me the skills to provide for my family for the last 9 years. I can't count the many good laugh's...good times....and friendship I had there.... [patriot]

[ December 03, 2005, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dad, self, and more recently started to learn about different rear ends and how to set them up from my bud miles.

No formal education in this subject not even HS autoshop. I wanted to do not sit in class and fuck off which is what most people in autoshop did.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com