Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thinking About Getting A PIT Feedback Needed (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thinking About Getting A PIT Feedback Needed
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We were taking care of a friend's female Pit last year for about 3 weeks. Her and our Border Collie (male) got along great. Played like two little kids. I was actually more worried about my Border because he's kinda protective of our yars with other dogs.

The female Basset/ Lab mix, however, set the pecking order right from the start. The Basset is the boss, and that's that. At least of the four legged residents.

I think, Pits, just as with any breed, it's how they're raised. Sounds like you'll take care of it the right way.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I was to get a Pit I would deffinately get a healthy baby, the younger the better. As said in another post love it to death and be cautious when around kids.

I dont just say be cautious only because its a Pit but you should do that with any larger/capable animal around kids.

My inlaws own a female Pit and theyve had her since she was a baby... theyre both vets and they treat their animals like Kings/Queens, I know its said all the time but this Pit is the absolute sweetest, kindest, most loving Pitt youll ever find. I believe it has all to do with how she was raised, 100%.

Good luck.

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Glen how bout saving a lab/pit mix from a rescue center?

We have two of them and they're great...very loving and not the least bit aggresive. Carissa seems to like them too plus you've seen them.

[Whoo Whooooo!] totally agree why buy when they're plenty of homeless puppies .. .

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This just in from SFGATE.COM:

Also Tuesday in Contra Costa County, the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to bar convicted felons from owning dogs that are aggressive or weigh more than 20 pounds.

The new ordinance, introduced by Supervisors John Gioia and Mark DeSaulnier, also would lower the threshold for declaring a dog potentially dangerous and require owners of such an animal to apply for a permit to keep their dog and abide by certain rules.

The ordinance allows the county to order owners of dogs exhibiting certain behaviors to attend obedience classes, to keep the animals in secure confines that have been inspected and to register their dogs. Felons with nonaggressive dogs weighing more than 20 pounds could apply for a permit to keep their pets.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that law is fucking gay
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
that law is fucking gay

I agree that the law suck's for responsible people who own dog's, but as an example sometimes I have seen 8-14 Year old's walking 80+ pound pit's and if these were aggresive animal's and I am walking My dog with My family on the other side of the street, there is no way that a kid is going to restrain it. Also I used to walk My dog every morning and I can't tell You how many times We almost got into trouble with pit's that got out of the yard or broke their chain? Bottom line is You have to be responsible for Your dog 24 7 and these felon's are the last one I would want to put My trust in. I have rescued 2 pit mixes and I'm not a pit hater.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
that law is fucking gay

I agree that the law suck's for responsible people who own dog's, but as an example sometimes I have seen 8-14 Year old's walking 80+ pound pit's and if these were aggresive animal's and I am walking My dog with My family on the other side of the street, there is no way that a kid is going to restrain it. Also I used to walk My dog every morning and I can't tell You how many times We almost got into trouble with pit's that got out of the yard or broke their chain? Bottom line is You have to be responsible for Your dog 24 7 and these felon's are the last one I would want to put My trust in. I have rescued 2 pit mixes and I'm not a pit hater.
Ah come on Marc you know you've got a PHD...Pit Hater Degree. j/k I have to lab/pit mixed dogs myself.

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
This just in from SFGATE.COM:

Also Tuesday in Contra Costa County, the Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to bar convicted felons from owning dogs that are aggressive or weigh more than 20 pounds.

The new ordinance, introduced by Supervisors John Gioia and Mark DeSaulnier, also would lower the threshold for declaring a dog potentially dangerous and require owners of such an animal to apply for a permit to keep their dog and abide by certain rules.

The ordinance allows the county to order owners of dogs exhibiting certain behaviors to attend obedience classes, to keep the animals in secure confines that have been inspected and to register their dogs. Felons with nonaggressive dogs weighing more than 20 pounds could apply for a permit to keep their pets.

Don't hate on me, that was a long time ago. I paid my debt, no need to go there.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

[Confused] Your only felony I know of is the Mullet you had back in the day... [Big Grin] hehe

[ November 16, 2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com