Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mustang owners beware... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Mustang owners beware...
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
huh, well now i guess i know how they got into my droptop(hopefully they didnt' rip the new cloth top [Frown] )
i think that putting the black circle around it is a good idea, that way you have let us know what happens, but people can't see that and learn ho to do it.
ps-it doesn't matter how they get into your car with Lojack [Wink]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
may be i should go with pop doors.
Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

ps-it doesn't matter how they get into your car with Lojack [Wink] [/QB]

That doesn't prevent your car from being stolen though. The good thieves will realize there is a possibility of Lojack so they will either find the box, or strip out what they want before you even wake up. Before you can even have Lojack activated your car is already on blocks in some ditch by the airport.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] damn that looks too easy // edit: delete this thread mods

[ October 24, 2005, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I'm going to agree with a couple of the other guys on here .. .. i would delete the post. I totally understand how you want to help out and it was totally for good intentions but, like in other posts there are lurkers and saw pics of the car(s) and found out where they were big possibility. so if they see some random guy doin it in a video maybe it gives them another way to break in. come on . . . delete the post . . .

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy shit [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BUHAHAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE THE EDITED VERSION!!!! did somebody walk in front of the camera?? LOL

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast_Bitch:
I think I'm going to agree with a couple of the other guys on here .. .. i would delete the post. I totally understand how you want to help out and it was totally for good intentions but, like in other posts there are lurkers and saw pics of the car(s) and found out where they were big possibility. so if they see some random guy doin it in a video maybe it gives them another way to break in. come on . . . delete the post . . .

It's nothing new though. If a person has the mind to steal a car then they already know how to hot wire it so I'm sure they will have no problem getting into the car with or without the video. It's not like we all know they couldn't just break the window. I think the video is a good idea so maybe some of you will figure a way to prevent this from happening!

--------------------

510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that tricks been out for a long time,i locked my keys in my car about 4 years ago and someone showed me that trick.. but my old foxbody they tried to steal about 8 times and everytime they broke a window or the door lock itself.so thanks for showing theifs how to get into peoples car alot faster and without making so much noise..not tring to talk any shit but that was probably the stupidiest thing you could have posted, espicially how many of cars on ca fords and being stolen..now lets see how many more get stolen by " THE NEW TRICK"

--------------------
FHFC

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is an old trick (learned it when I was like 14 years old [Wink] There are other easier ways (if you can believe that) which is kind of sad, but if you don't want your car broken into do the regular things like an alarm, club, pedal club, portable coil, locked car cover, locked and alarmed garage, and two very unfriendly german shepards (yes..that is my strategy when I am not around my car [Razz] )

I saw one guy actually make keys for both the lock and ignition of a car in five minutes(with just a file and key blanks [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i erased the clip just because the objective of the videoclip was lost and drama was starting to arise.
The purpose of it was to make mustang owners aware of a problem we have.
if you are naive enough to think that it'll increase the chances of your car being stolen then you are not bein cuatious, you are jsut being naive. [Wink]

I really wasn't teaching anyone anythign they did not know. most people that steal stangs for a living know this.. if i was showing a video of how to hotwire a car then maybe i would understand..

So.. I erased the video... your car is now safe [Roll Eyes]

[ October 24, 2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
quote:

That doesn't prevent your car from being stolen though. The good thieves will realize there is a possibility of Lojack so they will either find the box, or strip out what they want before you even wake up. Before you can even have Lojack activated your car is already on blocks in some ditch by the airport. [/QB]
it does matter when you have the early-warning system that alerts you as soon as your car is moved.
and i don't think that a thief is going to automatically think a car has lojack and go searching for the box.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
huh, well now i guess i know how they got into my droptop(hopefully they didnt' rip the new cloth top [Frown] )
i think that putting the black circle around it is a good idea, that way you have let us know what happens, but people can't see that and learn ho to do it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHH, did I miss something........ Drew, your Mustang got STOLEN [Confused]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
quote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHH, did I miss something........ Drew, your Mustang got STOLEN [Confused]
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022770
[Frown]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

quote:

and i don't think that a thief is going to automatically think a car has lojack and go searching for the box.

A good thief will (or at least the ones who want everything on the car). The boxes aren't hard to find. It would most likely be found during the strip down anyway. The less experienced thieves will leave the car in an open lot or street for a day or two to see if the car has LoJack. If it's still there, they come back for it and start their work.

[ October 24, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
quote:
Originally posted by Fast_Bitch:

It's nothing new though. If a person has the mind to steal a car then they already know how to hot wire it so I'm sure they will have no problem getting into the car with or without the video. It's not like we all know they couldn't just break the window. I think the video is a good idea so maybe some of you will figure a way to prevent this from happening!
Thank you.
this is nothing new and this is not going to make more people steal cars, i was the one on the video and eventhough i know how to open a door(and a hood) i still don't know how to hot wire a car. So for the people that say that there's more chances of people stealing car b/c of the video then u got some retarded issues.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe LoJack is only effective in the certain areas.

There are various ways to enter a foxbody whether it be opening the hood, hatch, trunk or breaking any of the windows.

If you have a 'vert, and they REALLY want it they'll just cut the top (that happened on my old vert).

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
 -

video has been deleted since the morning [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this reminds me of a thread started on stangnet about security measures... one guy posted a picture of a handgun magazine on his passenger seat, and thats his theft deterant.. ha!

I wish I could find it but I dont know where it went.

--------------------
04 GT

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
 -

video has been deleted since the morning [Roll Eyes]
No it Hasn't [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
ok, we(few caford members) created this video to show how easy it was to get into our cars. I'm sure everyone already knows about this.. DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING TO YOU.!! [patriot]

GONE

The guy opening the door whose name i won't mention... (cough losbadgt cough) [Razz] just learned this yesterday so he's not an expert by any means.

has anyone figured out what to do to avoid this bs?

Dawn u are making me look bad [Wink]
yes that was me that openen the lock door, and no i don't go and steal cars, i learn that yesterday from this guy that i know that i bought a rear end from, the reason we did this video just to show how this FUCKERS can get into our cars.

[ October 27, 2005, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: WILDTHANG ]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a simple way to break in... i wonder if there is a simple bracket that can be made to defeat that way of entering..

I still think most thieves would just try and pull the glass back to get to the knob.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey thanks Jersey!!! Good thing your letting the thieves know how to break in to our cars, just in case they didn't know before. You are a fucking idiot.

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MidnightNotchback:
Hey thanks Jersey!!! Good thing your letting the thieves know how to break in to our cars, just in case they didn't know before. You are a fucking idiot.

[patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

jersey was putting it up there to let people who didn't know about this method of breaking into their mustangs. he said he deleted it because he didn't realize the drama it was gonna cause. he had good intentions of posting it.
it's not like he wants people to go out stealing cars, he just wanted to make us fellow 5.0 drivers aware of the situation.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com