Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NBA new rule (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NBA new rule
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell I'd love to see dress codes in school too. Like a uniform, wouldn't have to be expensive. Plain white colar Shirt with blue pants or something like wise.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry haven't responded eventhough i started this topic. But what other Sports profession has a dress code as strict as the NBA? Not hte NFL, not baseball (not too sure about hockey). Again the game is for enjoyment purposes. Let them enjoy their jobs. If shorts are the attire when performing their duties, that should be the extend of it.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
As HIPPO and others have said, "these guys are professionals" and therefore should act and dress the part. It's not too much to ask of these multi-gazzillion dollar players to wear a suit to their games to show professionalism so the people can see that they are professional and not just overpaid kids. The coaches in the NBA are already required to wear suits.

EVERY, EVERY, EVERY(did I mention EVERY?)other sport leagues have a professional dress code, I was suprised that the NBA didn't have one...and IMO should've all along. I think it's a great idea. I mean, I had to wear NICE clothes to games in HS and suits in college. I remember I showed up for a game in sweats...guess who didn't play that game?...and I was a starter...Never made that mistake again.

[Whoo Whooooo!] dress code for spoiled ass NBA players [Whoo Whooooo!]

With that said...GO WARRIORS in '05-'06... should be a good season!

[patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

What does a gangster dress like? [Roll Eyes]
Gangsta, thugish, whatever, here is what it looks like to me.... Sitting on the sidelines making millions of dollars playing a game and you represent your team like this?... [Roll Eyes] Wearing a nice suit is a very small price to pay.

-

[ October 22, 2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bottom line, they represent the NBA when they arent playing but still doing interviews... The owners and Stern just want them to dress like professionals, thats all. In order to look the part, you have to dress the part. [Wink]

oh and Rick... [worship]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Sorry haven't responded eventhough i started this topic. But what other Sports profession has a dress code as strict as the NBA? Not hte NFL, not baseball (not too sure about hockey). Again the game is for enjoyment purposes. Let them enjoy their jobs. If shorts are the attire when performing their duties, that should be the extend of it.

EVERY other league has an official or implied dress code. When NFL, NHL, or MLB players travel, arrive at home games, or do pre/post game nterviews, they are in their UNIFORMS or SUITS. These players don't HAVE TO BE TOLD how to look professional. NBA players other than a few dress like 8th graders. Plain and simple. Now that they look professional, maybe they'll start acting like it.

Warriors are going to the playoffs this year!!!!

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510:
Damn thats really crazy, ok all i want to know is this. I wear most of the time Hiphop Urban Wear. So am i a THUG? seriously? I call [BS flag] on some of the shit i just heard. I fucking cant stand people who judge people for what they wear. If they were gangbanging i dont think they would of never made it to the nba. Corn rows are for thugs? I think that came from an african culture. [BS flag] its crazy what some of you people think on stuff. So you have to be white to be predjudice? you can be mex,black and be predjudice. But hey everones diffrent though right, thats how the world well always be so [patriot] [patriot] So no hated towards you rixsiccobra, still want to see that snake in action. [burnout] im just letting you know how i feel bro. ;)none of that immatue fuck you this and that bullshit. [burnout]

It's "association", bro. Just because ya wear it doesn't mean that you are. See, most reasonable people can tell the difference. However, there are alot of unreasonable people, and most notably...kids, who can't distinguish the difference. If ya like it or not, that's how people look at it. Not saying it's right or wrong. This decision is about more than just "makin' them wear suits" because we wanna make black players dress like white men. I've been around a bit now and I often catch myself looking at the "big picture" of things instead of making emotional decisions or reactions...I think it's best for the NBA and for urban youth in the long run, that's why I like the dress code...all in all, just my opinion. [patriot]
EXACTLY! Do you go into a job interview wear fubu??? I sure as hell hope not, its call first impressions and they make a BIG IMPRESSION! I cant believe some of the shit I see people wear into interviews! I see people come in with baggy ass pants and sweat shirts with a beany. Do you think they get the job? Hell no, because its all about first impressions. If you look good you will get more respect, its not like the person wear all the baggy clothes isnt a nice person, but people base opinions on how people look.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See, much better....

-

[ October 24, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Exactly... [patriot] What's the big deal?...I wear a uniform everyday, so should they it's their job, espcially for what they get paid...

End of story as far as I'm concerned....

their JOB is playing basketball, when they are doing their JOB they do wear uniforms, its called a jersey.. they shouldnt be told what to wear, once they are no longer doing their job.. they only get played to play basketball, they dont get paid for what they do off the court, so the NBA should have no control over that

[ October 25, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: CANTCME ]

Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com