Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 06 R6 or 06 GSXR (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 06 R6 or 06 GSXR
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
Well it depends on what you are going to do with the bike. If your riding on the street then either is good performance wise as you will never use half of the potential of the bike anyway. So it will just come down to personal preference on looks and feel. Which ones "looks" better to you would be your choice (costs too).

I'd say get either bike, just make sure that you have the proper gear (and attitude) and you can't go wrong with either. Just don't be surprised if you see a little ninja 250 (or ancient bike) scream by you if you ever decide to risk highway 9 with the rest of the squids [Wink] It's all about the rider you know [Wink]

I recommend the following in series:
MSF
Practice
MSF Advanced
Practice
CA Superbike School
Practice
Practice
Practice

BTW any of the currect 600 sportbikes have enough power and handling capabilities for 99.9% of the street riders out there and I have not met the .1% person yet.

The NINJA 250 is a GOOD piont. CC's dont make yah faster.

I see you have a 2003 GSXR RACE BIKE....... Ever go to T_HILL???? and what is it 600, 750 1000? [burnout]

I have taken both my 1997 and 2003(both are 750's) to thunderhill. I like the track (favorite turn is turn 5), but it is not a "smooth" track compared to something like Laguna Seca or Sears(Infineon). I actually had my first crash at T-Hill. An Rc51 ran into my rear while I was leaned over into the turn (honda guy blew the corner and went straight into me [Roll Eyes] ). These are open track...and not competition...
What are your lap times? My best this year was only a 1.58 on my 2003 R1. Just put it together and didnt realy have that much time ti dial it in, no excuse thow.

As far as 1/4 mile times, yah know what I say.... Do you know what a drag race is? The start to a road race [burnout]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks 2 see all the bikes going up in price.. Stupid gas prices probably have something 2 do with it..
sicboy
¯
Member # 5958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sicboy  Ford pictures for sicboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.58?? that is smokin. you should be racing cuz thats like top 2% of the fastest guys in the land!!
Posts: 27 | From: nevada city | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I am going to wait and see the reviews. The GSXR is cheaper and that is what Im leaning towards getting. I have been riding for 4+ years, like I said before I prefer a 600 and will never get tired of it. The bike will see track and street duty. Funny thing is that my brother and I went in to put a deposit on the 06 R6 limited Yellow and they were trying to get us to walk out with a 05 R1 or Zx10 for cheaper than the R6 out the door [Eek!] [Eek!] My brother and I both prefer the 600's so we passed

edit: here is the old bike, man I loved her, out of state 01 (with a few mods [worship] )
 -

[ October 05, 2005, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
sicboy
¯
Member # 5958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sicboy  Ford pictures for sicboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is my old bike #128 gsxr 1k. the 28 bike (750) actualy cut faster laps most of the time. just easier to ride. [IMG]  - [/IMG]
sicboy
¯
Member # 5958

btw i would buy the r1le 4 18k if i were in the market. that thing is sweet!
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What ever you get, we should hit the track. Anyone else ride on this site???

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com